Island princess no International Cafe?

tt_moore

First time on Princess and my understanding is no IC. So where can I get specialty drinks? I bought a coffe card but now wondering if that was useless? Im actually not even a coffee drinker. But wanted good hot chocolate while in Alaska in June. My AZ blood will need a lot of warming up[emoji33] !!

First time on Princess and my understanding is no IC. So where can I get specialty drinks? I bought a coffe card but now wondering if that was useless? Im actually not even a coffee drinker. But wanted good hot chocolate while in Alaska in June. My AZ blood will need a lot of warming up[emoji33] !!

You can also use your coffee card at the Horizon Court (Amuleto Cafe) to get good hot chocolate. They offered full espresso service.

We were on the Island last month. I had no problem with either the La

Patisserie on deck 5 OR on deck 14 in the Horizon court there is an equivalent to the IC with a bar and full coffee service.

Excellent crew and atmosphere on the Island.

Enjoy!!

What about the Diamond? Will be on board in December and no IC there either:(. Where should I go to use my coffee card?

Thanks for your help!

What about the Diamond? Will be on board in December and no IC there either:(. Where should I go to use my coffee card? Thanks for your help!

AFAIK...all Princess ships have multiple places to use the coffee card. I haven't been on the Diamond, but all the ships I've been on had something. The Pacific Princess has several places, so surely the Diamond does, too. Pacific is older and smaller than the Diamond.

What about the Diamond? Will be on board in December and no IC there either:(. Where should I go to use my coffee card? Thanks for your help!

Lobby bar has a barista.

What about the Diamond? Will be on board in December and no IC there either:(. Where should I go to use my coffee card?

Thanks for your help!

The best coffee on Diamond was at Crooners on deck 7. La Patisserie on deck 5 was always very busy so we tended to go to Crooners after the first few days.

Thanks for the Deck 5 and Deck 7 info! DH has his own espresso machine (got tired of spending $$$ at the coffee chains for the burnt taste). This makes him a tad fussy about his brew. Definitely purchasing the card but want to use it in the best way possible!

E

We're fussy about out coffees too - we have our own espresso machine. The Princess espresso isn't too bad when you can get it made properly - ie a true single shot served in a small cup. Sometimes they run it too long, or insist on giving you a double espresso in a big cup. Because La Patissiere was so busy the coffee occasionally tasted burnt as they weren't keeping the machine as clean as they could have, but we never had that problem at Crooners. Also if you like milky coffees, eh lattes, they use UHT (longlife) milk which can taste a bit nasty if it's overheated. I don't like it so I only drink espressos on cruises.

• 2 weeks later...
Is the la patisserie the equivalent to IC?

No. In addition to the limited content Thrak mentioned, they have limited hours. If you're used to the 24/7 IC, La Patisserie can be a comedown if you wake up early and go downstairs to find them closed.

This happened several times to me a couple years ago on a Panama Canal cruise. At 6 or so, there was literally nowhere on the ship to get coffee except for room service.

Jim