Celebrity Revolution: Dates for Edge-i-fication of All X Ships Finalized

vtcruising

I'm concerned this new upgrade is going to take more common space (Michael's being an example) and turning it into "Suite" space. I can just see the T-pool and its surrounding area converted to a "Suites Retreat."

Suite folks pay a premium for their perks, which I have no problem with, since it doesn't affect the rest of the ship, except for Michael's.

Just going by the video, it looks like a great deal of usable storage space has been removed in order for a more streamlined look. Open shelves are a poor substitute for draw space. Longer cruises need more storage space not less. Bathrooms have open shelves instead of the many compartments the baths have now. I hope the final results are more passenger functional than they look in the video.

There are often tradeoffs between design and functionality. From the video, it looks to me like Celebrity is leaning heavily toward design.

For example, there appears to be a much greater use of open shelves both in the cabin and bathroom. You can't stuff as much into open shelves, but open shelves create an illusion of the room being more spacious. That looks like what they are going for this time around.

Did you see the writing desk? It has no depth. Once they lay out all of their promotional materials, water bottle, event tickets, room service door tags, etc. you won't have enough room for even a Post-It note of your own.

I'm on one of the first cruises on the Summit after its renovation. I'll be watching for reports from the Edge and (renovated) Millennium when the time gets closer.

My guess is that we will be seeing reports of how beautiful the open design is, balanced by other reports lamenting the loss of space where you can stuff things out of the way. I suspect rooms will look spectacular when you first enter them, but not look nearly as great by mid-week.

The link won’t open. Are they starting dates for these. The next post shows when it ends, but not when each ship starts.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was not able to open it with my smart phone, but opened the link on Internet Explorer without an issue. ;)

There was another thread about someone (nickel) who was just off the Eclipse where they had a mock up of the new M Class post- reconstruction. They were told that each ship would take from 4-6 weeks to complete so I guess count back 4-6 weeks from the completion date to see about when it starts.

Thanks for sharing! It will be nice to see some refurbishment, especially with the M class. I just hope they don't get rid of the T pool or make it a "suite retreat" like someone else said. My favorite part of the ship.

And I must be the only one but we've never had a problem with storage and we are not lite packers. I read about lack of storage all the time, just don't understand it. If it was my house then sure it would be an issue but I'm only there for 10 nights.

There is no mention of a suites only pool on the M and S Class ships that I have seen. It just says suite sundeck with stunning views so is likely the forward top deck or Rooftop Terrace/Basketball court area on the M class. Maybe there will be a hot tub or two.

My guess is that the new Retreat Lounge (likely will not be called Michael's anymore) will be in the same site as the present Michael's so possibly the only new suite area might end up being that top deck forward or aft. Just speculating ...

Celebrity-Revolution-41-774x505.jpg

To Celebrity:

Love the idea of the changes, but please, please, please Doh’t change the M-Class Solarium Pool. I thilnk it’s the best pool afloat. We get SR’s on the 9th Deck underneath it and run up to it every morning we can.

Warm, saltwater with those lounges on the side!

I think someone can correct me and tell me that Edge has a similar setup. I saw a pool that looked like it had lounges into the water also......i hope I hope I hope.

Den

There is no mention of a suites only pool on the M and S Class ships that I have seen. It just says suite sundeck with stunning views so is likely the forward top deck or Rooftop Terrace/Basketball court area on the M class. Maybe there will be a hot tub or two.

My guess is that the new Retreat Lounge (likely will not be called Michael's anymore) will be in the same site as the present Michael's so possibly the only new suite area might end up being that top deck forward or aft. Just speculating ...

I agree with those guesses. There are really only three places to put the Retreat Sundeck: forward top deck, basketball court, or aft movie screen. I doubt it will replace the movie screen because that is quite recent. The basketball court is under the smokestack so I doubt that would be appealing either. My guess is that they will restrict the forward top deck to suites passengers and install a new pool and hot tubs there--similar to what Royal Caribbean did on their Freedom and Voyager-class ships.

They will have their hands full trying to renovate every cabin in six weeks.

Thanks for sharing! It will be nice to see some refurbishment, especially with the M class. I just hope they don't get rid of the T pool or make it a "suite retreat" like someone else said. My favorite part of the ship.

And I must be the only one but we've never had a problem with storage and we are not lite packers. I read about lack of storage all the time, just don't understand it. If it was my house then sure it would be an issue but I'm only there for 10 nights.

I do agree Duanerice....I’m talking about the ‘new’ stateroom looking as if there will be way less space for things needing to be put in drawers and placed behind doors . There looks to be no fiddles to even keep things on open shelves. It all looks spacious and slick with no one trying to function in these rooms for 10- 14 days.

I agree with those guesses. There are really only three places to put the Retreat Sundeck: forward top deck, basketball court, or aft movie screen. I doubt it will replace the movie screen because that is quite recent. The basketball court is under the smokestack so I doubt that would be appealing either. My guess is that they will restrict the forward top deck to suites passengers and install a new pool and hot tubs there--similar to what Royal Caribbean did on their Freedom and Voyager-class ships.

They will have their hands full trying to renovate every cabin in six weeks.

I believe that the cabins are self contained units, almost like a large cargo container, the old ones will come out, & the new ones will go in with most components in place.

**I'm sure at least 52 people will correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

Here are the dates for the roll out of all X ships after they have their makeovers (S and M class). I hadn't seen this posted anywhere yet, but maybe someone else already posted it.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/Travel_Advisory_Panel_8.5x11_flyer.pdf

Thanks a lot for posting the time frame!

Checking the sail-dates for the Silhouette I see that there is a gap between 01/03/2020 and 01/24/2020.

Do they really get all the work done in 3 weeks?

Whew, we just booked our 10 year anniversary cruise on the 4/6/19 sailing on Summit with no knowledge of the revolution. Looks like we're just the 2nd trip after completion, hope they run on schedule! This will be a nice bonus for our first cruise with Celebrity, can't wait!

My guess is that we will be seeing reports of how beautiful the open design is, balanced by other reports lamenting the loss of space where you can stuff things out of the way. I suspect rooms will look spectacular when you first enter them, but not look nearly as great by mid-week.

I am beginning to get worried about the same thing. Love all the storage in the over head and all the cupboard space of the S class bathrooms. They better not take that away.

I am beginning to get worried about the same thing. Love all the storage in the over head and all the cupboard space of the S class bathrooms. They better not take that away.

I agree with you. Furthermore, I don't want my things out where stewards will see what I have. I do trust most stewards, but why have things out in the open for anyone who comes into the cabin to see? Also I feel that open shelves contribute to a cluttered look, not a neat stowed away look.

Interesting that the flyer says adding staterooms and suites and a suite deck. For existing staterooms it is just change the bedding and minor updates like new carpets. I ssume all“upgrades“ will be similar to Royal updates: more cabins and people, less public space in combination with higher prizes and more pay restaurants.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was from another press release:

"This Celebrity Revolution will take place between 2019 and 2023 and will see new modern designs for all staterooms.

• New re-imagined Aquaclass staterooms
  • New renovated oceanview staterooms
  • New redesigned inside staterooms
  • New improved Signature staterooms
  • New re-conceived Reflection Suites

Brian Abel, Vice President of Hotel Operations at Celebrity Cruises, said that the cruise line isn’t just redesigning the staterooms, but tearing them down and building them back up. He went on to say that the “incredible new design by HBA is sleek, contemporary and comfortable, and speaks volumes about our commitment to the guest experience”.

The second picture is representative of the new oceanview cabins, I believe, with floor to ceiling windows. They will likely not redo all of the oceanview cabins, but have a few of these in a different category, like they will have on the Edge.

picture3.jpg?anchor=center&mode=crop&width=794&height=430&rnd=131523868180000000

picture6.jpg?anchor=center&mode=crop&width=794&height=430&rnd=131523868200000000

This was from another press release:

"This Celebrity Revolution will take place between 2019 and 2023 and will see new modern designs for all staterooms.

• New re-imagined Aquaclass staterooms
  • New renovated oceanview staterooms
  • New redesigned inside staterooms
  • New improved Signature staterooms
  • New re-conceived Reflection Suites

Somebody broke put out their high school Roget's Thesaurus for those adjectives! ;p

These upcoming changes are all well and good but unfortunately I’m sure it will mean $$$ for every cruise and stateroom category.

Very true and the reason why I haven't booked any Edge cruises. Their prices are insane.

I’m also wondering if any of the cabin number locations will have changed once the ‘Revolution’ has been carried out? If they are adding extra suites and reconfiguring staterooms, will the cabin numbers change (any impact on those that have already booked specific location/cabins)? I know this happened on Royal’s Oasis ship when they had some alterations to cabin layout. Just a thought :confused:?

I believe that the cabins are self contained units, almost like a large cargo container, the old ones will come out, & the new ones will go in with most components in place.

**I'm sure at least 52 people will correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

I'll take the bait. :)

The cabins are self-contained units when they are placed into a new ship. However, they would basically need to deconstruct the entire ship deck by deck to get them back out.

So if I’m on the Eclipse on March 15, 2020 and the completion date says April1, 2020, should I be concerned? There is a cruise listed before us as well.

I don't think so. It appears that the schedule for the Eclipse hasn't been released at all for 2020 beyond your sailing.

I don't think so. It appears that the schedule for the Eclipse hasn't been released at all for 2020 beyond your sailing.

So the completion schedule is already off? LOL