New water park at Half Moon Cay? Is it ready yet, free to cruisers?

I have heard and read that they are building a new water park at HMC, anyone know if it is open or when it plans to be open? is there a cost?

We were there in early April. No sign of a new water park.

All we saw was the small one for the kids as we docked on the tender.

My first feeling of wonder and awe at seeing HMC was because it was an undeveloped pristine setting back then. Then a few years later, development creep started, yikes.

It's still pretty, but please keep the "improvements" to a minimum.

JMO, YMMV.

I have heard and read that they are building a new water park at HMC, anyone know if it is open or when it plans to be open? is there a cost?

RCCL is building one on Coco Cay, aka Little Stirup Cay. Perhaps this is of what you've heard.

You have your cruise lines & private islands mixed up. RCCL is updating Coco Cay as above poster stated.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/RCCL-unveils-details-reimagined-Coco-Cay

Uncle Google could have straightened you out.

Edited by lizardhowson

There used to be a children's water play area at the end of the beach nearest the tenders (Half Moon Lagoon Aqua Play Park). It had water slides and other floating fixtures for the kids.

It was wiped out during the last hurricane. Perhaps that is being replaced.

You have your cruise lines & private islands mixed up. RCCL is updating Coco Cay as above poster stated.

Uncle Google could have straightened you out.

You know its much easier to lob a ridiculous question out to the masses and see what happens.

This particular fisherman is getting quite good at it.

You know its much easier to lob a ridiculous question out to the masses and see what happens.

You can say that again !

(Plus this is how fake news gets started - look at responses)

You know, it's much easier to skip over a thread when all you have to contribute are rude comments and insults. See, I can do it too.

My first feeling of wonder and awe at seeing HMC was because it was an undeveloped pristine setting back then. Then a few years later, development creep started, yikes.

It's still pretty, but please keep the "improvements" to a minimum.

JMO, YMMV.

We were there two years ago. Back then the only buildings were the BBQ lunch pavilions, stables, plus some mobile homes and small buildings that served as offices and housing for the seasonal workers. Has more been built? I wouldn't really call that stuff development. Just a few necessary structures to serve the purpose of a small, private port of call.

We were just there again for the umpteenth time a couple of weeks ago, and the only new "waterpark" that is at HMC is this newly built splash park down in the kiddie area. Perhaps this is what the OP was referring to? :cool:

IMG_1578-XL.jpg

IMG_1582-XL.jpg

Just you wait, HMC will get more over the years. The private island business is going to become a big one. RCCL is going to show what money can be made there. Not that I like it, it just seems to make business sense.

How do you report someone for bullying? This is uncalled for and an honest question.

We were just there again for the umpteenth time a couple of weeks ago, and the only new "waterpark" that is at HMC is this newly built splash park down in the kiddie area. Perhaps this is what the OP was referring to? :cool:

IMG_1578-XL.jpg

IMG_1582-XL.jpg

Maybe that's what my sister heard about and it's new.

Thanks so much

Once Carnival started sailing into HMC they started developing it too much. The pirate ship, two story cabana's, and the fee based seafood shack have all been added and IMHO have started to spoil it.

Once Carnival started sailing into HMC they started developing it too much. The pirate ship, two story cabana's, and the fee based seafood shack have all been added and IMHO have started to spoil it.

When was this added? We were there in October and it wasn't there then.

LOL, you must be joking, this coming from someone who LOVES Royal which is putting 200 million into cococay making it an amusement park....you are joking, right?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

LOL, you must be joking, this coming from someone who LOVES Royal which is putting 200 million into cococay making it an amusement park....you are joking, right? Sent from my iPad using Forums

Never been to CC. HMC is simply the best we can agree on that. I just prefer it before Carnival starting adding to it. Carnival has plenty of ports with their own money traps when you walk off the ship.

We were just there 2 Sundays ago on 4/29 and there was no water park. I haven’t heard anything about it.

Someone mentioned earlier, that Carnival was ruining HMC, adding a small kiddie splash park, ship wreck bar and Sea Food Shack was ruining the island. Granted they are add ons...this is what I would call over the top.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/RCCL-unveils-details-reimagined-Coco-Cay

when was this added? We were there in october and it wasn't there then.

originally posted by skiingj once carnival started sailing into hmc they started developing it too much. The pirate ship, two story cabana's, and the
fee based seafood shack
have all been added and imho have started to spoil it./
we searched for the seafood shack..... Apparently, only
it may only be open when hal
ships are there.
jw: Been there twice lately, empty hut, no seafood etc... It would be nice, but $20 for a frozen spiny lobster??? Really?:confused:

Edited by jwjax