Double Points

You don't get double points for booking early, however, you do get double points for booking a latitudes inside offer and if you book a suite. So, you could get triple if you book a suite on an inside offer cruise.

So that changed with the Latitudes changes in Feb 2017? I wonder if they would honor a reservation made in Jan 2017 when the booking 9 or more months out gave you double points?

So that changed with the Latitudes changes in Feb 2017? I wonder if they would honor a reservation made in Jan 2017 when the booking 9 or more months out gave you double points?

Yes, they will still honor an old booking that was made in Jan 2017. Make sure on your booking confirmation, the booking date shows Jan 2017 and make sure that date does not change.

Yes, they will still honor an old booking that was made in Jan 2017. Make sure on your booking confirmation, the booking date shows Jan 2017 and make sure that date does not change.

That would be awesome. Thank you (booking date still show 04 Jan 2017 for our upcoming July 2018 POA cruise).

The double points for booking more than nine months out is long gone. We have not received double points since 2013.

I received double points for booking 9+ months out on my July '16 cruise. We booked in May of '15 and ended up getting more points from that 7-day cruise than the 12-day cruise we did in '15 (when we rebooked at 6 months out to take advantage of a huge price drop). I'm sad to see the double points for booking early go, as we always seem to book more than a year out. ;)

Edited by Lucinarei

That would be awesome. Thank you (booking date still show 04 Jan 2017 for our upcoming July 2018 POA cruise).

If you would please post whether or not you received your double points when you get home and also if you had to follow up to get them?

We booked Nov 2016 but we aren't going until next Feb. I don't plan ahead or anything. :rolleyes:

The double points for booking more than nine months out is long gone. We have not received double points since 2013.
What may have happened to you was you made a change to the reservation (for example, if you saw a better promo and called to get it...... that would change your effective booking date and make you less than 9 months to cruise date...... I shot myself in the foot on several cruises trying to save $100 here and there and never put 2 and 2 together why my points weren't adding up)

If you would please post whether or not you received your double points when you get home and also if you had to follow up to get them?

We booked Nov 2016 but we aren't going until next Feb. I don't plan ahead or anything. :rolleyes:

Will do.

What may have happened to you was you made a change to the reservation (for example, if you saw a better promo and called to get it...... that would change your effective booking date and make you less than 9 months to cruise date...... I shot myself in the foot on several cruises trying to save $100 here and there and never put 2 and 2 together why my points weren't adding up)

Same similar thing can happen with booking an Insider Offer and then changing the date/sailing - you lose !

However if the Insider Offer you booked an inside cabin and subsequently score a better cabin on the same

ship and sailing don't let NCL deprive you of the double points. Simply file for a review and take it to the top

front office of NCL if nothing is done on the first level of appeal. You should not be penalized for opting to a

better cabin on the same insider offer sailing. I recently won a case - I know !

We got the 9-month double points for two cruise we booked before the change and sailed after.

You were OK - it was the booking date that was the determining factor not the sailing date !

Wished I could have booked a whole bunch of sailings at that time but the budget only allowed one !

NCL sure tighten the Points program making it tougher to rapidly get to the next tier for its bennies.

I sailed in March last year and got the 9 months bonus points. I didn’t need to follow up. These were automatically added. Became silver after one cruise and will become gold after my TA. I think their points are generous!

I can only go from experience. As happened to us or rather my daughter.

You will get the points for booking over 9 months out. Also your Latitudes tier level will be as it would have been if you'd had the points added at booking.

We sailed on the Spirit for 10 nights in November 2017, we booked it November 2016 it was an insider deal when we booked. We got 30 points. Before cruising my daughter had 21 points which would be Bronze but she had already been grandfathered as Silver. She got the 30 points taking her to 51 which should have kept her at Silver under the new system BUT she was Gold because at the time of booking 51 points was enough for Gold.

Hope this isn't too confusing. It's confused me.