Beach Club Choices in Cozumel

Been looking at Mr. Sancho's, Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park and Paradise Beach. All 3 look promising, but can you please tell me what you liked/did not like about each? DH and I will be traveling with 4 family members, none of which has been on a cruise or to the islands for that matter. One is an adventurous 12 year old. Thanks...

I guess it all really depends on whether you're looking for an AI or PAYG and how much of a "party" scene you want. We've done Paradise Beach twice and for the cost, it can't be beat. It's considered a PAYG and the entry fee is only $3 per person, all they ask is that you spend $10 in food/drink, but they don't enforce this. They have a lot of lounge chairs in sun and shade (included in entry fee) and a huge pool with bar area. They also have ocean inflatables to play on for around $18 per person for all day use.

PB is a great option especially for the water toys for the 12 yo. It can get really crowded though. Last time we went, the pool was so full you could not move in it. Literally.

Mr Sanchos has a PAYG side and an AI side. The AI is $55 all you can eat and drink, I think there is a cheaper price for the 12 yo. The AI has it's own beach and 2 pools. Not sure about the PAYG section - there is also a waterpark with toys there.

Both are great spots.

There is also another AI. Nachi Cocom. It only excepts 130 guests per day. It is beautiful! It has a pool, pool bar, restaurant, covered area, beach umbrellas and chairs that are all included. Also food an drinks (alcoholic and non alcoholic). We have this reserved for our October sailing on Allure.

Paradise Beach is very nice and relatively inexpensive. It is only $3 to get in and $18 (extra) if you want to do the water blow-ups, which are very fun. They do ask that you eat $10 worth of food or drinks, but that is not hard to do. (It is not an all-inclusive.) The one thing that was nice was the pool is heated. This may not be an issue depending on the time of year, but we have been to Chankanaab a couple times, and their pool was freezing.

Chankanaab is a great place also. There are a lot of different activities, and there is good snorkeling right from the beach. The price is very reasonable for the general admission, but it varies depending on your activities. Also, they have an all-inclusive option. This is a great place for families because there are so many different activities.

We went to nachi cocom, was greeted by champagne. It is all inclusive. And the food wad excellent. We booked the snorkle, then decided not to go. They do have a no cancellation policy. So they gave us snorkle gear to do off the beach. We saw so many fish, and even star fish and sting rays. Was a great day. They also have a pool and hot tub with swim up bar

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Mr Sancho’s is our go-to beach. The food is always good & the drinks are endless (we do the AI). A $17 taxi gets you there, and taxis are always waiting to take you back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is also another AI. Nachi Cocom. It only excepts 130 guests per day. It is beautiful! It has a pool, pool bar, restaurant, covered area, beach umbrellas and chairs that are all included. Also food an drinks (alcoholic and non alcoholic). We have this reserved for our October sailing on Allure.

This for sure. We have been several times and excellent each time. One thing not mentioned above is the massage right on the beach...

It depends on what you want. If you want a small and quiet AI-only with limited guests then Nachi Cocom is hard to beat. If you are looking for more crowds and excitement then the others would be your better bet.

We love Nachi Cocum! But, if we had kids with us I think we would go to Mr. Sancho’s or Paradise. It looks like they have more activities for kids to do. We’ve seen children at Nachi who seemed a little bored.

Sherri:)

I guess I am the only one that thought Paradise was overrated. I mean, I didn't hate it. I didn't think it was as great as everyone makes it out to be.

I really liked Chankanaab. A little more pricey though. Next time will probably be Nachi or Sancho's.

With a 12 year old I would choose either Paradise Beach or Sanchos, pay extra for the water toys, and sip on a margarita while the young (and young at heart) wear themselves out. PB charges a $3 admission, has great facilities and a HUGE pool. Sanchos is a better choice if you want all-inclusive (food/drinks).

Lots of reviews and comments on both on the Cozumel board - check it out: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210

Have been to Nachi several times and always a good time-but last time we went it wasn't as good. Not sure what was up. I had made the reservation many many months earlier so I know that wasnt it. When we arrived they tried to seat us in a dip way back from the beach-almost in the woods-all shaded and you could not see the water if you were in your lounger-Asked for something closer and was told they were full today and this was the best they could do-There were lots of empty loungers in the front- He did eventually agree to get us a little closer to the water (Which I tipped him very well for doing) Looked like maybe some sort of company function was going on and they had reserved the best seats for them Ended up getting most of our drinks myself and most of the staff didn't seem like they were having a good day.

Nachi Cocom is wonderful. The food is delicious, all areas are clean, the staff are friendly and attentive...and it's all inclusive. There's snorkeling right off the beach, nice places to see fish and starfish. We can't wait to go back! Enjoy wherever you decide to go :)

With a 12 y/o, Paradise Beach is a great choice. Nachi is better suited for laid back couples.

In addition, if it is not good beach/pool weather, you have nothing invested in PB but would still have to pay something at Nachi, even if you don't show up.

With a 12 y/o, Paradise Beach is a great choice. Nachi is better suited for laid back couples.

In addition, if it is not good beach/pool weather, you have nothing invested in PB but would still have to pay something at Nachi, even if you don't show up.

The deposit at Nachi for February 2019 is $11 per person, barely the cost of one drink. Totally worth the risk of bad weather, etc.

I wouldn’t recommend it for kids though. There were zero there last trip. So peaceful.

Does Chankanaab have a longer beach than Paradise? I've only been to Chankanaab but in pictures, their beach looks much longer than Paradise. It doesn't have a sandy entrance like it looks like P does, but we go to Chankaab early in the day and have really enjoyed the long beach with relatively low crowds (summer months)--not sure how Paradise would compare?