Can you not use Cruise Planner on the X site if you book through a TA ?

dgparent

I see my reservation online but every time I click on Cruise Planner I get the error "To protect your privacy the booking has been locked. Please wait 20 minutes and try again....."

Is this because I booked via TA ? Or is this a X website problem ?

Thanks

It is a Celebrity IT issue, not a Celebrity vs TA issue. Call them--Celebrity-- and ask. I have always been able to use the cruise planner despite always booking with TAs. It makes sense for you to be able to use it because you are spending money with Celebrity and they like money

I see my reservation online but every time I click on Cruise Planner I get the error "To protect your privacy the booking has been locked. Please wait 20 minutes and try again....."

Is this because I booked via TA ? Or is this a X website problem ?

Thanks

It's the "new and improved" website. You can certainly do cruise planner and book other things on X web site irregardless of whether or not you used a TA. Happens to me all the time....MOST ANNOYING CELEBRITY!!!

Rather than logging in with your user name & password go to the main menu and click on Cruise Planner. Do not put in your user name & password but rather use the option to locate your reservation. Put in you reservation #, date, name, ship and his enter. That will take you to your cruise planner. It is a workaround that I use any time I want to do something in the Cruise Planner

Rather than logging in with your user name & password go to the main menu and click on Cruise Planner. Do not put in your user name & password but rather use the option to locate your reservation. Put in you reservation #, date, name, ship and his enter. That will take you to your cruise planner. It is a workaround that I use any time I want to do something in the Cruise Planner

That helps to bring up your reservation but the 20 minute time out that X insists you take if you close cruise planner or get distracted for a few minutes is really annoying....and it doesn't seem to matter whether you access your itinerary through signing in or using res. #

Before going the Celebrity website, clear your browsing history, cookies and cache. Then open an Incognito window ad do as jelayne suggested below. The only thing you can't do on the cruise planner if you use a TA is book pre or post cruise hotels and transfers. I do recall however booking transfers through Choice Air when booking air. As I recall that was done on the phone rather than on the website.

There is an option to download the cruise excursion brochure. I only have my iPhone so after fiddling around trying to check on excursions I downloaded the brochure and it is very handy for checking in excursions with prices and descriptions. As far as all of the other stuff in cruise planner, good luck. What a pain.

It's the "new and improved" website. You can certainly do cruise planner and book other things on X web site irregardless of whether or not you used a TA. Happens to me all the time....MOST ANNOYING CELEBRITY!!!

This kind of thing is often related to the browser being used. If one is using Firefox and having problems just switch to Edge or another browser and give it a shot. The problem with having so many browsers available is it makes things very difficult for those who write the code to interface with each browser for a seamless experience at all times. To the casual observer it may seem simple, but it's very complex, and can sometimes be very difficult to analyze and repair.

This kind of thing is often related to the browser being used. If one is using Firefox and having problems just switch to Edge or another browser and give it a shot. The problem with having so many browsers available is it makes things very difficult for those who write the code to interface with each browser for a seamless experience at all times. To the casual observer it may seem simple, but it's very complex, and can sometimes be very difficult to analyze and repair.

Thanks for the tip......I usually don't have any problems with Firefox but will try with Chrome.

Thanks for all the replies, I tried all the suggestions and finally just called. They unlocked my reservation and then when I tried to get in a bit later it was locked again. However yesterday X sent me a email to book specialty restaurants and it had a link, guess what now I can get in, I guess if you click on a link that means $$ to X they let you in. :)

Thanks for all the replies, I tried all the suggestions and finally just called. They unlocked my reservation and then when I tried to get in a bit later it was locked again. However yesterday X sent me a email to book specialty restaurants and it had a link, guess what now I can get in, I guess if you click on a link that means $$ to X they let you in. :)

Make sure when you are signed in that you sign out when done. That has been an ongoing Problem