Would you take this "upgrade"?

Bruin Steve

Millennium: Category C1 Concierge #8045--on the "slant" with oversized balcony...to #1114 --A1 Aqua class...

Assuming you are cruising with two other couples who are both in Concierge class cabins and all intend to eat together?

If you're planning on dining with the two couples in Concierge Class for dinner, you'll have to do that in the MDR, OVC or specialty restaurants, as they can't join you in Blu, which for us at least, is the main benefit of Aqua class. Additionally, if your friends are traditional fixed dining rather than Select, dining together in the MDR will be a problem as well. Since you have a great hump balcony and will be switching to a less optimal cabin in a location that may well be in an undesirable location (under the pool, café or gym) in this case I'd say "thanks, but no thanks."

Millennium: Category C1 Concierge #8045--on the "slant" with oversized balcony...to #1114 --A1 Aqua class...

Assuming you are cruising with two other couples who are both in Concierge class cabins and all intend to eat together?

Good to see your post Steve! I would stay with the C1 forward near elevator with cabins above and below. The A1 is above the sunset bar at aft , I think ,and open to the elements and sun.

We had a C1 on our "running of the bulls " sailing. it was on the aft and had folks over for pre dinner for drinks on the balcony.

Since our sailing on the Constellaiton, I have sailed on the Viking Ocean for a TA, awesome.

Looking at Azamara now for another great itinerary.

When and where are you going on the Millie?

Actually, that's my thinking as well...but it's not me...I'm one of the other folks in a Concierge cabin...

If I'm reading this right, your friends have an opportunity to upgrade but you don't. Guess it depends on how much your friends want to dine with you vs a chance for dinner in Blu. If I were your friend I would stick with my hump cabin.

When and where are you going on the Millie?
Was this a move up offer? What is the date of your cruise?
If I'm reading this right, your friends have an opportunity to upgrade but you don't. Guess it depends on how much your friends want to dine with you vs a chance for dinner in Blu. If I were your friend I would stick with my hump cabin.

We're on the Millie twice in the rest of 2018--to Alaska June 29, then again to Southeast Asia on December 22...But, the one in question here is the June Alaska one--only about 6 weeks away...

Actually, everyone in our party moved up...Two of us originally booked inside cabins down on deck 2, trying to economize a little on this one (since we're spending a whole lot on 4 cruises over the next little over a year)...But they just, very briefly, posted some incredible "Residency Rates" and two of moved up from those inside "steerage" cabins all the way to Concierge...The third couple had originally booked that Concierge and we thought they would just stay there--since it was one of those great slant cabins (We've had 2106 on the S-class ships on a couple of occasions and loved that giant balcony).

So, I was quite surprised when they told me they changed cabins (after it was already done, so, there's no going back now). And, yes, we all plan on dinner together each night--so "Blu" really doesn't enter into it...

Our "upgrade" was a complete no-brainer. For zero additional money, we went from inside deck 2 to Concierge, Deck 9...and our cabin remains near midship...I wish we could have gotten one of those slant cabins, but those were all gone when we made the switch...I guess if I knew they were going to give up 8045, I would have grabbed it...unfortunately, it didn't stay open long. The special deals came down about as fast as they went up and most of the Suites, Aquas, Concierges and even Verandas are all booked now--only a few of each remaining...

Maybe they thought better of a cabin that would have a limited view down the one side of the ship...and wanted to be on the flat. Deck 11 also has very, very easy access to the outside...and maybe they thought it would be nice to have that access to easily be able to jump out the back to the Sunset Bar or out to the jogging track to catch the back view of the ship with ease OR the opposite side of the ship with ease.

They don't have to eat in Blu.

And now they can use the spa services in their free time. If it didn't cost them anything to do the upgrade, then yeah, I might too considering that deck 11 could be an amazing deck to be on for getting to see everything.

I'd take it for dining in Blu, but as you're dining together, I'd pass on the upgrade for that reason.

Our "upgrade" was a complete no-brainer. For zero additional money, we went from inside deck 2 to Concierge, Deck 9...and our cabin remains near midship...I wish we could have gotten one of those slant cabins, but those were all gone when we made the switch...I guess if I knew they were going to give up 8045, I would have grabbed it...unfortunately, it didn't stay open long. The special deals came down about as fast as they went up and most of the Suites, Aquas, Concierges and even Verandas are all booked now--only a few of each remaining...

Congrats on snagging a great upgrade. Obviously, the opportunity wasn't there very long. Now they can liquidate all those newly-vacated deck 2 staterooms!