Can you get a soda, iced tea, water and so on at Guy's and Blue Iguana?

LongHill44

Guy's and Blue Iguana Cantina serve food. Ice cream is just behind them on the way to the Buffet, where drink stations have water, ice, lemonade and ice tea, along with coffee and hot chocolate. All of those are free (included in cruise fare).

Outside by Guys and Blue Iguana Cantina is a red Frog bar & Blue Iguana bar. You can get soda and dricks there for $$$

I like Mountain Dew. Carnival has a deal with Coke that only their products will be sold. So no Pepsi, 7Up, Dr. Pepper and so on.

I carry mine on board, and usually hit Guy's first. Usually one must visit a bar or have waiter service to get a soft drink.

Wouldn’t you think you could? Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes the food lines at Guy's, Blue Iguana or the regular buffet seems to get stuck behind someone who can't make up their mind about what they want. I think having a soda/beverage station along the same line would only increase any delays.

Ummmm no I would not think that

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Restaurants with no drinks available seems normal or customer friendly to you? Odd that concept hasn’t caught on elsewhere! I cannot think of another food outlet on another cruise ship without drinks available, besides on Carnival...

Sometimes the food lines at Guy's, Blue Iguana or the regular buffet seems to get stuck behind someone who can't make up their mind about what they want. I think having a soda/beverage station along the same line would only increase any delays.

Maybe freestyle soda machines as part of the outlet? Water, tea, lemonade there? Everyone drinks while they eat... sorry, I just found it odd you had to get your food then forage for drinks. Food and drinks just go together! That is NOT just me [emoji39]

Maybe freestyle soda machines as part of the outlet? Water, tea, lemonade there? Everyone drinks while they eat... sorry, I just found it odd you had to get your food then forage for drinks. Food and drinks just go together! That is NOT just me [emoji39]

“Forage”...lol. It really, really is not a big deal. But it is Carnival...whatever that means.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Restaurants with no drinks available seems normal or customer friendly to you? Odd that concept hasn’t caught on elsewhere! I cannot think of another food outlet on another cruise ship without drinks available, besides on Carnival...

These are not full on restaurants, but more like food stations that cater to a specialty food item, no reason you cannot get your drink before or after you get your food at these stations. The lines are already long at many times when they are open and it is ridicules to even think that they should be a more full service venue. There are plenty of drink stations elsewhere and not too far away from each other, really it is not a big deal.

Obviously you have not been on a Carnival ship or you would understand the layout. It is more like a food court, with several food choices and drink stations that are located in between them. Relax and move on. It's not as difficult as you are making it.

If one were really to take a look at the space available for Guy's and Blue Iguana, one would really understand why there is not drink service in those places. Same reasons there are no drinks served at the Pizza place, at the Deli, at the Omelet station, in the Lido Buffet lines, and at the BBQ place. There are more than enough self service (free) drink areas and bars where any kind of drink can be acquired. In most cases it is a question of space and the need for more service people to provide a service that is already available within a minute or two.

I seem to recall that there was a drink station a few steps away from Guys/Blue Iguana on Pride and the bar wasn't that far away either. I would get the food and DW would grab us something to drink. I suppose the layout on each ship might be a little different but if memory serves drinks were close by those food venues on Glory also.

The drink stations are not in the same line at the buffet, pizza counter, deli, etc, so how is a nearby drink station or bar any different for Guys or the Blue?

Exactly, the drink stations (in most cases) are a few steps away from the various Lido Deck food stations - just as they are in almost every one of your neighborhood eateries.

After all, we only have 2 hands and carrying a tray is usually done with both hands.

How is it any different from a fast food restaurant where you order you food and then take the empty cup to the drink station to fill up? There is always a drink station to get tea, lemonade or water very near a Guy's. We grab a drink before we get our burger. Which, by the way, after you get your burger, you can go to the stand with additional toppings. All soda and alcoholic beverages come from the bars - which again, are close by. It really isn't a big deal. This is a buffet format, so getting your drink near by should be expected. If you want to be served, you need to go to the MDR.

Drinks are available, but take a little more work than a land restaurant.

At a full service establishment (MDR or specialty restaurant) where the food is brought to me I expect drinks to be brought to me also. For a buffet/cafeteria style venue I expect drinks to be available but that I would have to get them myself from a nearby area but not exactly where I get my food (a mall food court I would order my drink from the same as my food). On cruise ships where you have to pay for many drinks, I would expect a bar reasonably close but that I would have to search it out.

It was a pleasant surprise on Regal Princess when staff brought drinks around during breakfast (water, coffee, juice). I don't remember if you could serve yourself or if they took orders for pay drinks. I thought you had to physically go to the specialty coffee stand.

I seem to recall that there was a drink station a few steps away from Guys/Blue Iguana on Pride and the bar wasn't that far away either. I would get the food and DW would grab us something to drink. I suppose the layout on each ship might be a little different but if memory serves drinks were close by those food venues on Glory also.

That was my memory on Pride also.

On every ship we've sailed on, in the Lido buffet during breakfast, we've observed little carts that go around with orange juice, apple juice and I think the mango juice cocktail (which I don't like, but hey, to each their own) and I think even a few pastries. :)