Jeans in the dining room and other last minute attire questions

ekatiel

Okay, so, don't press them if that is the way you do it or don't do it where you live No irons permitted to be brought onto the ship anyway so, GOOd,

Edited by sail7seas

Where I live we wear clean jeans. Pressed? Nope.

GREAT you like them washed, If you don't like pressed, good,

DOn't have them pressed. EASY. ;)

Wherever you live, if that is how you live, so be it. Clean will have to do

NO Problem :D

Edited by sail7seas

But who really cares?
Remarkably, more than a "few".

When someone asks if it is ok to wear jeans in the MDR why not answer correctly? Why answer with some inane comment like would you not feel better in Dockers or jeans are too heavy or my husband only wears jeans to work in the garden? Just answer the question. YES.
Excellent point. I fear how much it is just about trying to project the illusion of power.

There certainly can be and are cruisers who stay in 5 and 6 s tar hotels and resorts and also stay in Neptune and; Pinnacle Suites,
Wow, that's a remarkable movement of the goalposts, from denying that only few people can afford 6-star and 7-star accommodations, to now just saying that "there are cruisers" who have done so.

Michelin, mobil...........
Incidentally, Forbes bought Mobil Travel Guide years ago.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Remarkably, more than a "few".

Excellent point. I fear how much it is just about trying to project the illusion of power.

Wow, that's a remarkable movement of the goalposts, from denying that only few people can afford 6-star and 7-star accommodations, to now just saying that "there are cruisers" who have done so.

Incidentally, Forbes bought Mobil Travel Guide years ago.

So? :confused::rolleyes:

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

But who really cares? Jeans are just fine in the MDR on non gala nights. Without question.

If you want to wear your bathrobe to the pool or spa be our guest. We don't care. But we will not view it as out of the ordinary either. Really, what harm does someone do wearing a bathrobe to the pool and why on earth would someone criticize it or even think about it twice. Only those who live in a very small world or perhaps have absolutely nothing better to do.

When someone asks if it is ok to wear jeans in the MDR why not answer correctly? Why answer with some inane comment like would you not feel better in Dockers or jeans are too heavy or my husband only wears jeans to work in the garden? Just answer the question. YES.

I actually don’t think anyone had an issue with wearing a bathrobe at the spa or at the pool. Since I’m the one who brought it up, and I actually brought it up in jest, but got attacked for it, my issue was with wearing it at the Dutch Cafe and in the lobby by guest services. And not just passing through, but lounging and reading the paper. I didn’t have an issue with it however, because if I did, I would have said something to guest services, but I didn’t. I was just commenting that I thought it was odd. And I think most have agreed that non distressed or torn jeans are allowed in the mdr on non-gala nights in accordance with the Holland America dress code. So it sounds like we may be in violent agreement! 🤣🤣🤣

The more this thread goes on, the more I am grateful that they still have tables for 2 in the MDR :rolleyes:

Way way back in the thread I posted that I didn't think it could get any weirder. I was wrong!

I do, about 230 nights a year, and let me tell you that as long as you wear long non ripped trousers for dinner with closed tip shoes for dinner, all is fine.

This whole discussion is useless as some here refuse to understand that jeans, when not ripped are perfectly fine in any establishment nowadays, obviously not meaning ripped or baggy US style ill-fitting fashionhorrors that some teenagers wear ( around their knees it seems).

)

I enjoyed your description :). Confined to the US? I can only hope so. But definitely not limited to teenagers. Eventually you could see this “fashionhorror” :) aboard. (I have, on HAL.) No ship’s staff is going to be assigned the task of measuring how low the waste is or how many centimeters of underwear is showing.

GREAT you like them washed, If you don't like pressed, good,

DOn't have them pressed. EASY. ;)

Wherever you live, if that is how you live, so be it. Clean will have to do

NO Problem :D

But....but you previously said 'I fully agree if one wears clean pressed jeans with appropriate top and shoes to dinner, in MDR. no problem. IMO'

So, are you now okay with non-pressed jeans? :confused:

But....but you previously said 'I fully agree if one wears clean pressed jeans with appropriate top and shoes to dinner, in MDR. no problem. IMO'

So, are you now okay with non-pressed jeans? :confused:

Must I only like one way, one thing? May I like more than only

one way? Can a person not be flexible?

I like s teak and I like BURGER once in a while. But, I also really like good piece of fish as well........... Is that okay? :rolleyes:

One does not contradict the other.

I like jerseys and I also like sweaters............... i think my point h as been made.

Wow! This is really entertaining! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a topic go so far off the rails! I’m learning a lot about the people who post on this site! Does anyone really take cruises anymore? 🤣🤣[emoji483][emoji483]

Wow! This is really entertaining! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a topic go so far off the rails! I’m learning a lot about the people who post on this site! Does anyone really take cruises anymore? 🤣🤣[emoji483][emoji483]

No, I can’t waste my time taking a cruise!

:champagne-toast:

This is for the Katie, who started this thread.

Two weeks ago, on our Alaska trip on the Westerdam, we saw a man turned away from the dining room on a gala night because he did not have a collared shirt. The maitre d' was very discreet but my partner is a birdwatcher with acute hearing and she overheard it while we were waiting to be taking to our table. The man was told that he had the choice of eating at one of the other venues that night or returning wearing a collared shirt. He came back in 5 minutes with a sports shirt.

You suggest that a long-sleeved t-shirt should be sufficient. Sleeve length apparently is not the issue -- there were lots of men and boys with short-sleeved shirts -- but with collars.

Now it may be that your son will be treated as a young child and exempted from the dress code. You might want to think about this: risk it or not? Also consider, would he prefer being treated in a special, respectful, adult way by simply wearing a collared shirt? This might be a good occasion for a mother-son talk to find out how he feels about the possible thrill of dressing for an occasion. After all, if he's excited about it, why spoil it for him? And it's a great opportunity for him to learn about wearing appropriate attiire for different occasions, something we all learn as we grow up.

It's up to you and your family to decide what is appropriate; just be aware that on Gala nights, the rules are different and you always have the choice of the Lido restaurant, specialty restaurants or room service if you feel that there is a burning reason why he should wear a t shirt that night.

She mentioned her son had Aspergers, this is not him saying he doesn’t want to dress up this is him feeling very uncomfortable. I have 5 grandchildren, 4 have Aspergers to varying degrees. I’m sure she can find a nice shirt he can wear

Sent from my iPhone using Forums