Cruise Crud

Off Adventure of the Seas last Friday...

There were over 900 little kids aboard.

By Wednesday, I had developed a low-grade sore throat that I am still enjoying.:rolleyes:

I may have contracted the Dreaded Cruise Crud.

Ever happen to you...?

According to one of your previous posts, I don't think little kids caused your problem

Aboard Adventure of the Seas as I type this....

Had Cafe pizza last night (drunk) and today for lunch (mostly sober).

Both times it was OK.

Although, today, I became nauseated 1/2 hour after eating it.

I may have alcohol poisoning....

According to one of your previous posts, I don't think little kids caused your problem

Aboard Adventure of the Seas as I type this....

Had Cafe pizza last night (drunk) and today for lunch (mostly sober).

Both times it was OK.

Although, today, I became nauseated 1/2 hour after eating it.

I may have alcohol poisoning....

That’s hilarious :'):'):')

But pizza doesn’t cause sore throats!

Off Adventure of the Seas last Friday...

There were over 900 little kids aboard.

By Wednesday, I had developed a low-grade sore throat that I am still enjoying.:rolleyes:

I may have contracted the Dreaded Cruise Crud.

Ever happen to you...?

No.. I surround myself with kids, hold on to the banisters, press the elevator buttons with my bare hands, eat at the buffet, follow the 5 second rule when food hits the floor, shake hands with strangers and handle cash in my everyday life. I have built up an immunity because I'm not a germaphobe.

No.. I surround myself with kids, hold on to the banisters, press the elevator buttons with my bare hands, eat at the buffet, follow the 5 second rule when food hits the floor, shake hands with strangers and handle cash in my everyday life. I have built up an immunity because I'm not a germaphobe.

Agree, (except for the 5 second rule - lol!) - but there are so many who just don't get it and IMO, some are just plain nuts about germs.

After decades of travel I honestly don't recall ever catching a cold or flu during it. Have had plenty at home though. Don't see the point of blaming travel for illness, it's everywhere......

I'm a road warrior - after 40+ years of spending more nights in hotels than I want to think about and flying all over the place, I'm more likely to catch something from my grand kids at home than being out in public. I have never wiped down anything, anywhere. No hotel rooms, airplanes, or cabins on cruise ships.

We usually have to travel in late June/early July. Right now we are all suffering from the usual allergies. By mid-way through the 7 night cruise, we are free of the allergies and feeling great. We've occasionally gotten sick with a cold after we get home, but I feel more vulnerable to getting the cold germs on the planes than on the ship.

Just got off of the Harmony on Saturday. I have something now that is either a flu or strep throat. Will go to the doctor tomorrow if not feeling better. It started on Saturday on the plane on the way home. Must have picked something up on the ship. Just glad that I wasn’t sick on vacation!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I blame the cabin air conditioning which is on all the time.

After reading another thread about the dust on the AC vents it reinforces my opinion about the AC.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Forums mobile app

oh my goodness this subject hits home. But not my cabin, but rather a tour bus with older loud and very chilly air conditioning. This happened in Guatamala during my recent Panama crossing. I shivered and in less than 24 hours throat was sore and had chills.

funny how NCL cruises make you wash your hands for buffet but all their doors have this green circle we have to touch to open door. At least RCI doors open automatically. Everyone I chatted with just shook their head at NCL door openings.

oh my goodness this subject hits home. But not my cabin, but rather a tour bus with older loud and very chilly air conditioning. This happened in Guatamala during my recent Panama crossing. I shivered and in less than 24 hours throat was sore and had chills.

funny how NCL cruises make you wash your hands for buffet but all their doors have this green circle we have to touch to open door. At least RCI doors open automatically. Everyone I chatted with just shook their head at NCL door openings.

We were put off going on NCL Epic by the fact the cabin toilet wash basin was not actually in the bathroom.

We were put off going on NCL Epic by the fact the cabin toilet wash basin was not actually in the bathroom.

naw that was a cool ship. Try it. I had a studio room and the ship was really neat. you can't see into shower that much while person is showering.

Then again all Disney ships have 2 baths. One for tub and sink and one for the potty and another sink.

But seriously try the Epic. She looks like Donald Duck from a distance and the show are good too.

naw that was a cool ship. Try it. I had a studio room and the ship was really neat. you can't see into shower that much while person is showering.

Then again all Disney ships have 2 baths. One for tub and sink and one for the potty and another sink.

But seriously try the Epic. She looks like Donald Duck from a distance and the show are good too.

The last 3 years we have sailed from Barcelona and Epic was docked next to us each time.

The last 3 years we have sailed from Barcelona and Epic was docked next to us each time.

well give it a try. What do you have to lose. RCI won't mind it either. :cool:

I am sailing from Barcelona on the NCL star for 12 days next year from Barcelona to Venice. Will do Greece. and really RCI and NCL are like cousins.

so ya gotta do Epic and then come to NJ do to the Anthem.

well give it a try. What do you have to lose. RCI won't mind it either. :cool:

I am sailing from Barcelona on the NCL star for 12 days next year from Barcelona to Venice. Will do Greece. and really RCI and NCL are like cousins.

so ya gotta do Epic and then come to NJ do to the Anthem.

We sailed on the maiden voyage of NCL Gem in October 2007 out of Dover England and sailed another 2 times on her since and the choice of restaurants was outstanding.