Tea and sugar

eip

Wife and I will be on the Star in less than 2 weeks. My wife is a tea drinker and fairly particular. Can any one please confirm what kind of tea (e.g. brand, flavors, etc) is available? Is Stevia available on the ship?

Thanks!

Wife and I will be on the Star in less than 2 weeks. My wife is a tea drinker and fairly particular. Can any one please confirm what kind of tea (e.g. brand, flavors, etc) is available? Is Stevia available on the ship?

Thanks!

If she is particular about her tea, perhaps it is would be easiest to bring her own, so that she is absolutely sure that she will have exactly what she wants.

Thanks!

I am a tea drinker too and I assure you the brands and flavors, while suiting the majority of people, do nothing for the tea affectionado. She should bring her own to risk disappointment. No stevia (or truvia either).

Both of us only drink tea, so a good cup of tea is a must at breakfast. Not too worried about the brand of tea, more interested in that they can make a proper pot of tea. Our last cruise with CMV, which caters to the UK market, served lukewarm tea from a thermos. Couldn't get off the ship fast enough for proper tea.

Hopefully Viking use tea pots and boiling water when making tea.

When I requested camomile tea after dinner in the restaurant as well as Manifredis they served it in the same teapot shown in Peregrina’s photo. It was very hot, and very good. I did not order tea at breakfast

Was it the loose leaf tea variety ?

At the wintergarden afternoon tea they have a menu of 19 different loose leaf teas.

I ended up getting the Mango /... Herbal tea. Cannot remember the other ingredient?

I never drank it at meals,only at afternoon tea.

I am a big coffee drinker and loved the Living Rm bar for coffee ,even late at night along with a Drambuie.:)

On the Sun last December, they had blue, yellow, and I think pink sweetener in addition to white and brown sugar.

Thanks. Blue is usually aspartame [although in southern Africa aspartame is bright red] so I won't pack a lot.

On our Viking cruise last year, we found the tea was served luke warm. The Afternoon Tea sandwiches, little cakes and scones with cream were delightful, but the water in the pot was not boiling, as it should be and so the experience was a disappointment. J

On our Viking cruise last year, we found the tea was served luke warm. The Afternoon Tea sandwiches, little cakes and scones with cream were delightful, but the water in the pot was not boiling, as it should be and so the experience was a disappointment. J

That is rather distressing news, as regardless of the quality of the loose tea/bags, if the water isn't boiling you just can't get a proper cup of tea. Four months without proper tea - OMG

Agreed; the tea itself was underwhelming and weak. The experience was fun, though.

I actually wasn’t fond of most coffee we had on the Sky either. I guess I like my decaf stronger than most people. And they usually supplied milk when we asked for cream. (We found this everywhere we went in Europe.) I would rather drink it black than with milk, so that’s mostly what I ended up doing. Or I ordered espresso.

We did have a good cup one evening in one of the specialty restaurants ... can’t remember which one. I’m going to guess Manfredi’s, because Italy makes some fabulous coffee.

Heidi 13 on a WC they will figure it our for you!!!

My husband fusses about not soup soup and thy figured it out!!!!

Yes, it won't be the first time we have taught crew members how to make a proper cup (pot) of tea. On our previous WC it only took a couple of days, but that was traditional fixed seating and not open seating.

Edited by Heidi13
Spelling

Yes, it won't be the first time we have taught crew members how to make a proper cup (pot) of tea. On our previous WC it only took a couple of days, but that was traditional fixed seating and not open seating.

So how does one make a proper pot or cup of tea?

So how does one make a proper pot or cup of tea?

First heat the pot, pour out the water, add tea, then add boiling water, leaving it to infuse for 3 - 5 mins. To serve, personally I prefer a wee splash of milk in the cup, then pour the tea. I prefer my tea stronger, whereas DW prefers weaker tea, with more milk and a little sugar.

The worst option is when they bring a pot of lukewarm water to the table and hand you a tea bag to put in the water. In this situation you will never get a decent cup of tea.

First heat the pot, pour out the water, add tea, then add boiling water, leaving it to infuse for 3 - 5 mins. To serve, personally I prefer a wee splash of milk in the cup, then pour the tea. I prefer my tea stronger, whereas DW prefers weaker tea, with more milk and a little sugar.

The worst option is when they bring a pot of lukewarm water to the table and hand you a tea bag to put in the water. In this situation you will never get a decent cup of tea.

That sounds perfect to me!

Yes it’s all about getting the water to a rolling boil. Even if you just use a tea bag in a cup it’s got to be boiling otherwise it’s just horrible.

That sounds perfect to me!

Yes it’s all about getting the water to a rolling boil. Even if you just use a tea bag in a cup it’s got to be boiling otherwise it’s just horrible.

Sadly, I have to admit that around the house we generally make tea directly in the cups. Only bring the pot out on special occasions. However, it does taste better from the tea pot.