Is there a way to search for cruises that do not stop in Nassau?

starrzone

I have cruised 3 times before; in 2000, 2006 and 2008, so it's been awhile! I'm trying to plan a cruise for next year, and wanted to know if there are any sites that let you search beyond the general term "Eastern/Northern.Western/ Southern Caribbean". I do want to cruise in that area, but have *no* desire to visit Nassau again.

Most cruises DON'T stop in Nassau. In fact, we have been on 8 or 9 Caribbean cruises, and never stopped in Nassau.

Western and Southern Caribbean cruises don't typically stop in Nassau.

Think Holland America rarely stops in Nassau, but we have also sailed RCI and Princess, and not stopped in Nassau.

One of my favorite online cruise travel agencies has a marvelous Custom Search function. You may exclude up to two ports using an option labeled, "You may exclude cruises that visit certain ports". I am sorry that Cruise Critic rules do not allow me to name the travel agency.

As CruiserBruce mentioned, most cruises do not stop in Nassau. You've been unlucky at least two times.

I am going to guess that the OP is looking primarily at short cruises (less than 7 days). The Bahamas are very popular with the short itineraries because they are close to Florida. Once you get to 7 day (or longer) cruises you will find that a majority of ships do not go to Nassau. In fact, we have been on far more than 100 cruises and have not been to Nassau in over forty years (and hope to not return).

Hank

Echoing some of the other comments, the Southern Caribbean itineraries do not have a port of call in Nassau as they originate out of San Juan, PR. The exception might be those of 9 night+ departing out of Florida. If those did stop at Nassua it would not deter me from doing the itinerary based on the other ports of call that would be involved. In our experience the Western Caribbean itineraries also do not stop there.

In most cased the only itineraries that do include Nassau would be the shorter 3-5 night itineraries due to the Bahamas proximity to Florida, and the Eastern Caribbean. So if you are looking at 7 night itineraries and longer it typically is easier to find those that do not stop there than those that do.

So contrary to what you indicated in your post, search 7 night+ Southern and Western and you will find that most - if not all - all them do not stop in Nassau.

Princess doesn't have any cruises scheduled to go to Nassau this year or next. We did have one Princess cruise go there, though, after Princess Cays was damaged by a hurricane a few weeks before we were scheduled to be there.

I have cruised 3 times before; in 2000, 2006 and 2008, so it's been awhile! I'm trying to plan a cruise for next year, and wanted to know if there are any sites that let you search beyond the general term "Eastern/Northern.Western/ Southern Caribbean". I do want to cruise in that area, but have *no* desire to visit Nassau again.

Where will you be cruising from? Baltimore and probably NYC are more likely to stop at Nassau, but ports further south will have more time to reach further ports.

What about Nassau don't you like? I know many here dislike it, but there might be some hidden gems depending on your interests (or even just adding an extra "sea" day) if the itinerary is one that otherwise is a good fit (cost, dates, other stops).

Best wishes finding a cruise you will enjoy:)