Southampton cruise port to Gatwick South

amcwaterfalls

But that involves A taxi to the train station first. Then catching the train. Luggage on luggage off. When you go on the Celebrity transfer they move your luggage for you until you get to the airport. If the 0P is really interested easiest that may be it.

We’ve used the National Express Bus system. the bus stop in Southampton is close to the port, great bus system direct to Gatwick and is much (much) cheaper than the cruise line run.

Need to check your depature time and bus schedule, but my experience is it has good schedule availablilty to both major UK airports near London. Very comfortable buses with free internet and many runs take less than 3hrs.

Den

Edited by Denny01

This may not work due to flight times; drop the luggage and everyone except the driver at Gatwick. Drive to Southampton and park there. The driver then catches the train back to Gatwick. Advantages: only one personhas to travel between Southampton and Gatwick, no luggage needs to be transported, at the end of the cruise the car is close by.

Thanks everyone for your ideas - parking the car at Southampton is interesting but would involve around 8 hours driving including home/Gatwick/Soton/Gatwick. DH asks if anyone has experience of using a private car transfer service and would they recommend them if they have?

Ox fan cruiser. Thank you for your suggestion - I’ve just emailed them to ask for a quote. I think a private car transfer is probably the most comfortable way to go even if a cruise ship transfer may have been easier from a logistics point of view.

But that involves A taxi to the train station first. Then catching the train. Luggage on luggage off. When you go on the Celebrity transfer they move your luggage for you until you get to the airport. If the 0P is really interested easiest that may be it.

Maybe it's the fact I live less than 10 minutes from Gatwick that I see that as the easiest. I know when I travel to Southampton in November for my transatlantic cruise I'll be going on the train. :cool:

• 1 month later...
Our car will be left at LGW for a flight to Florida so what’s the easiest, not the cheapest, way to get back there from a transatlantic cruise into Southampton? All suggestions gratefully considered :) thanks

We used Penguin Parking. They do Park and ride. We drove to their car park in Southampton and they took us up to Gatwick . Then they picked us up from Southampton port on our return and it was just a 15 min transfer back to our car. They even gate us bottles of cold water for our drive home. So easy. Sorted with just one phone call. Will def use them again.

Last year we used Celebrity's transfer bus. This year we used "Smiths for Airports" car service. If we do another TA we will use Smiths again.

We used them also. They picked us up at LHR and dropped us off at Bath, then pick us up 2 days later to drive us to Southampton.