Is a Grand Suite worth $2K more?

I'm looking at booking a suite on Symphony for next May. It will be four us (2 kids) and the KSF is in place so they cost next to nothing outside of taxes.

The prices I'm looking at are: $4,800 for a Junior Suite and $6,700 for a Grand Suite.

Are the perks really worth almost $2,000 more?

We used to get grand suites but we decided for our family of 4, we like having 2 balcony cabins more (two bathrooms and more privacy). Plus it always costs less money. Once we reached diamond we didn’t miss grand suite perks (lounge etc.). We do miss the Labadee suite section on the beach.

Edited by Melrosgirl

One other question ... Can you bring (well behaved) children to the happy hour in the CL or is it strictly for adults only?

yes, properly dressed and properly behaved children can be in the CL with their parents only, not by themselves.

Oh, good, let's define "properly/well behaved". :eek:

My kids are 11 and 8 and they WILL behave or we leave. That's always been my parenting policy and I've raised both of my kids like that. I'm old school (just short of physical spanking) and always have been. Even when our kids were babies if they acted up in public we left so we didn't disturb other people. My kids will sit at the table and behave. There are plenty of places on the ship for them to run around.

My kids are 11 and 8 and they WILL behave or we leave. That's always been my parenting policy and I've raised both of my kids like that. I'm old school (just short of physical spanking) and always have been. Even when our kids were babies if they acted up in public we left so we didn't disturb other people. My kids will sit at the table and behave. There are plenty of places on the ship for them to run around.

Where is the double thumbs up button?? :hearteyes:

It sounds like my 14 year old would get along just fine with your kids. I have always taught my son to behave. He also knows how to carry on intelligent conversations with adults. In fact, my son has been better behaved in the SL than adults on more than one occasion.

The only perks worth actual money would be the "free" drinks in the lounge at the cocktail hours.... They aren't available all day, and you're not supposed to take them out of the lounge, although, sometimes, they will allow it.Pretty sure the kids would prefer to be somewhere else, doing fun stuff, than in the suite lounge!

Whether its worth it or not varies by individual, what's acceptable to some will be unacceptable to others. I know Pinnacles that got there by booking inside cabins, some by balcony cabins, and some by booking full suites. It all depends on what's acceptable to your wallet. One suggestion, all you Pinnacles that book inside rooms then park in in the D Lounge, give up your spot every now and then and make room for some of the rest of us, how many hours can you actually sit in there! And please, figure out how to use the coffee machine;p

Whether its worth it or not varies by individual, what's acceptable to some will be unacceptable to others. I know Pinnacles that got there by booking inside cabins, some by balcony cabins, and some by booking full suites. It all depends on what's acceptable to your wallet. One suggestion, all you Pinnacles that book inside rooms then park in in the D Lounge, give up your spot every now and then and make room for some of the rest of us, how many hours can you actually sit in there! And please, figure out how to use the coffee machine;p

How could you possibly know the status of all the people in the D Lounge? They earned the right to spend as much time in the lounge that they want.

The only perks worth actual money would be the "free" drinks in the lounge at the cocktail hours.... They aren't available all day, and you're not supposed to take them out of the lounge, although, sometimes, they will allow it.Pretty sure the kids would prefer to be somewhere else, doing fun stuff, than in the suite lounge!
You can get beer, wine ,soda and water from 11am to 11pm. Except oasis which is 1130am to 11pm.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk