New Coffee Card

LARGIN

Here's the link for the details for those with coffee cards from previous cruises.

Have the terms written on this link always been the same or were they changed at some point?

Are people saying that Princess historically has never made an attempt to imply that the cards/punches were not good forever and not transferable?

I just find it amazing that it would have been Princess’s intent to have customers accumulate such large numbers of the cards and to sell them to other people. Although this was a practice allowed, it surely was not the intent. Hopefully Princess has learned a lesson about certain customer’s behavior. The creator of the old system might want to leave the creation of the system off their resume.

The new process (package on the current cruise) has certainly cleared up any confusion going forward. With time the issue will go away.

I do agree that if Princess published or clearly stated that people could exchange their free mini bar set up for two free coffee cards that would never expire and could be transferred to others, then Princess should honor the deal. Stop issuing new cards and let the old cards be used.

I do agree that if you plan on selling your unused cards, received as perks, this new program is a loss for you.

So, what's your point?

That because I had quite a few cards, the loss doesn't matter?

Who knows ... if I take another cruise, I may trade the mini-bar for something else, and then I could really use the cards.

I 'always' traded for coffee cards, as all the other trades are a terrible value.

I never sold the cards, as I though it was cheesy to sell something that was a gift.

Edited by pablo222

So, what's your point?

Who knows ... if I take another cruise, I may trade the mini-bar for something else, and then I could really use the cards.

I 'always' traded for coffee cards, as all the other trades are a terrible value.

I never sold the cards, as I though it was cheesy to sell something that was a gift.

My point is...you stated that you have more than a dozen cards, so something more than 180 drinks to use before they void all of the old cards. You also stated that you 'always' trade for coffee cards, as other trades are a terrible value. Since you have more than a dozen cards, you must not be using the 15 drinks on most of your cruises.

I see this as 2 different issues, one for elites (who trade out mini bar) and those who purchase the package. As elites we still get the mini bar, or trade out for 2 coffee packages, with unlimited brew and 15 specialty drinks. Really no change. Next cruise we get to choose again.

I see the big loss to those who buy the coffee package and do not use the 15 drinks. If I wasn't elite, and getting the 2 package perk, I wouldn't buy the package because I probably wouldn't drink 15 drinks in a week. I might buy if on the older ships (not Royal or Regal) that serve the "sludge" in the buffet to get the brewed in the IC.

place the blame on the passengers that abused the free brewed coffee cruise after cruise as long as they had a single punch

sorry...that's where the problem started and Princess had to start putting dates, cruise numbers and expiration dates to curb the abuse...

then took it another step to try to stem the selling of the cards on ebay, etc. by changing it to a coffee package on your cruise card...

place the blame on the passengers that abused the free brewed coffee cruise after cruise as long as they had a single punch

sorry...that's where the problem started and Princess had to start putting dates, cruise numbers and expiration dates to curb the abuse...

then took it another step to try to stem the selling of the cards on ebay, etc. by changing it to a coffee package on your cruise card...

I agree. I remember people on CC saying they left one punch on the card to get free brew on the next cruise. While this was not breaking any rules, at the time, I don't believe this was the intent of the card. Princess saw what was going on and decided to start restricting the card. Looked on ebay today and a person has several cards for sale with Regal and a voyage number on back. Again not breaking any rules, but Princess has decided to close this loop hole. If one has several cards and wants to get some value back, might be time to sell before they expire.

My point is...you stated that you have more than a dozen cards, so something more than 180 drinks to use before they void all of the old cards. You also stated that you 'always' trade for coffee cards, as other trades are a terrible value. Since you have more than a dozen cards, you must not be using the 15 drinks on most of your cruises..

I'm not sure that what I trade or what I drink is any of your business.

But, thank you for your gratuitous comments.

I'm not sure that what I trade or what I drink is any of your business.

But, thank you for your gratuitous comments.

You’re quite welcome [emoji3].

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No one "abused" the policy if the servers accepted the cards. If Princess made the policy clear to the servers it wouldn't have happened.

The fact still remains that the card promised 15 specialty drinks, and now they are taking them away. Whether I got a card as part of an exchange on my minibar, or whether I purchased it myself, I'm still not getting what the cards previously promised.

and now the policy is clear - Crystal clear - deal with it...:evilsmile:

and Princess has always reserved the right to change policies at any time with or without notification to passengers

be glad they gave you a year to redeem you old punches...

and now the policy is clear - Crystal clear - deal with it...:evilsmile:

and Princess has always reserved the right to change policies at any time with or without notification to passengers

be glad they gave you a year to redeem you old punches...

I agree. Maybe they will reconsider the deadline and add another 6 months to help out cruisers that can't go as often as some of us.

I agree. Maybe they will reconsider the deadline and add another 6 months to help out cruisers that can't go as often as some of us.

You seem to believe that Princess actually cares what people think about them. :D

For every one they lose there someone who comes along as a new customer.

Loyalty is becoming a thing of the past.

I have several unused cards, and they were sold with the promise that unused punches never expire. I expect Princess to honor the deal. If they don't I will make a fuss. It's the principal!

please post a link to that "promise"

please post a link to that "promise"

I was told onboard when I purchased at the international Cafe that unused punches do not expire, and my cards do not have any expiration date listed.

Please post a link to a picture of any of these cards with an expiration date. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

what date and what ship did you buy your coffee card?

there are numerous posts with pictures of cards with dates and also is now the 'official' Princess policy

someone onboard told me...hilarious...

We just got off the Caribbean Princess this past Saturday. When I used my coffee card which said Regal and the voyage # 1738 on the back (NO expiration date) the coffee barista told me I had to use the card by August 31, 2019 or it would no longer be good. Not happy, but what can you do.

We just got off the Caribbean Princess this past Saturday. When I used my coffee card which said Regal and the voyage # 1738 on the back (NO expiration date) the coffee barista told me I had to use the card by August 31, 2019 or it would no longer be good. Not happy, but what can you do.

make a lot of friends in line??...;p

what date and what ship did you buy your coffee card?

there are numerous posts with pictures of cards with dates and also is now the 'official' Princess policy

someone onboard told me...hilarious...

Mine were purchased on Royal and Regal a few cruises ago before there was any mention of an expiration date.

And there is no need to be rude. Saying that something I said is "hilarious" is not very nice. Hope you have a nice day and a great week.

[quote name='IECalCruiser;56330782

As Princess has posted' date=' there might be several levels of coffee Card in the future based upon the cruise length.[/color']

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, they have been saying that but I don't see evidence of it yet.

Our upcoming (Oct) cruise is 25 days, but the "Coffee Package" is still 15 drinks.

Then our cruise in Nov. 2019....the coffee package is being offered as 15 drinks.

Not sure how that makes sense.....different lengths but sill the same packages?

So, what's your point?

It probably isn't tacky if you sell them a little cheaper than the sale price and it would give someone an opportunity to save a few bucks...they would probably appreciate it very much.

If the cards had a voyage number and ship name written on the back and you still had punches on it, you could still use it for specialty coffees on the next cruise, but not for the FREE fresh brewed coffee. If you wanted the fresh brewed, they would use a punch for that...NOT free.

I've yet to hear back from Princess in response to my complaint about this issue 11 days ago. I'm wondering if they are working on a solution for those of us who are dissatisfied with the expiration date and too many unused punches.

This has been an informative thread. It will be interesting to see if Princess chooses either a coffee card that states it expires at the end of the cruise where it was purchased or directly on the cruise card.

Our cruising career began with Royal Caribbean. They do offer a coffee card, but it expires once the cruise on which it is purchased is completed.

One nice perk offered to upper level cruisers (Diamond, Diamond +, Pinnacle)on Royal Caribbean ships is a dedicated lounge that offers a very nice coffee ,machine that makes lattes and great brewed coffee. So, when choosing to cruise with Princess, we read about the coffee card and purchased it since we knew we'd want good coffee.

Honestly, we were quite surprised to learn that the card could be used on subsequent cruises. While we understand the uproar over Princess changing their policy surrounding the coffee card, we are just glad we've at least been able to have it for the four Princess cruises we've been on.

Too bad Princess has decided to change the policy on their coffee card program and raise the ire of many. Like most businesses, follow the money.;p