Military Discount

silvermom70

A princess rep. told me i could apply for a military discount of $100 dollars. I just return from an Alaska cruise...HC8HVR...(BOOKING NUMBER)........How do I apply for this.

thank you in advance for your help

Joe Seals

A princess rep. told me i could apply for a military discount of $100 dollars. I just return from an Alaska cruise...HC8HVR...(BOOKING NUMBER)........How do I apply for this.

thank you in advance for your help

Joe Seals

I believe the discount must be applied to a future cruise reservation. You can't get money back after the fact.

I'd suggest you contact Princess and ask them how to handle putting the Military discount flag on your account.

Princess does not give an military discount. They give OBC depending on the length of the cruise. You have to apply for it and furnish them proof of eligibility. It cannot be requested after the cruise. EM

Princess does not give an military discount. They give OBC depending on the length of the cruise. You have to apply for it and furnish them proof of eligibility. It cannot be requested after the cruise. EM
I've had a military discount on all my previous cruises. Has Princess decided to discontinue it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Joe I am not a travel agent but I have a very good one. You really need one sometimes to save money. I have gotten the $100 discount being ex military so many times it equals a free cruise. You get it registered with Carnival for all their ships with a copy of your honorable discharge, or proof of active military. That is not all if you own shares of Carnival stock you get another $100 discount. Better find a good agent - they are worth their weight in gold.

J. Patrick

You will have to provide Princess with a copy of your DD214...mail, email, or fax a copy.

Once they have that on file, you will receive OBC, onboard credit, depending on the length of the cruise. You also only have to do it once. Every time you book a cruise with Princess, you'll automatically be eligible for onboard credit. As someone already said, you cannot get the obc retroactively.

Once, on a 14-day cruise, SF to Hawaii and back, Princess gave me a $250 obc for being a military vet. I promptly told my wife....I shouldn't have....she promptly spent it. :D

As others have said, it's an Onboard Credit, not a booking discount, so you can't claim it retroactively. However, you can apply for it after booking your next cruise and up to about 2 weeks before sailing. The OBC amounts are:

Cruises of 6 days or less - $50

7-13 days - $100

14 days or more - $250

If you're booking B2B cruises, check to see if booking combined or separate cruises gives you more credit.

You will have to provide Princess with a copy of your DD214...mail, email, or fax a copy.

Once they have that on file, you will receive OBC, onboard credit, depending on the length of the cruise. You also only have to do it once. Every time you book a cruise with Princess, you'll automatically be eligible for onboard credit. As someone already said, you cannot get the obc retroactively.

Once, on a 14-day cruise, SF to Hawaii and back, Princess gave me a $250 obc for being a military vet. I promptly told my wife....I shouldn't have....she promptly spent it. :D

I received the same deal, $250 OBC for the same cruise in November.:D