Room Service Question - Suites

RocketMan275

i was in a royal suite, and never had stuff delivered by the butler, i guess he was always too busy, but never had the dinner in room dining done.

Did you every ask for or order food in your room?

If you don’t order room service or chat with your butler about dining in suite he will assume you prefer to dine in Luminae or the speciality restaurants...

Most RS/PH guests only occasionally dine in their suite in the evenings. Last cruise on Reflection we never dined in the suite preferring the wide range of other choices.

To make the most of having a butler you do need to talk to them soon after boarding about what you want from them. For example, we like them to leave a snack in the fridge each evening for us to enjoy late at night on the balcony. If we didn’t have the conversation the butler would not provide this.

Did you every ask for or order food in your room?

If you don’t order room service or chat with your butler about dining in suite he will assume you prefer to dine in Luminae or the speciality restaurants...

Most RS/PH guests only occasionally dine in their suite in the evenings. Last cruise on Reflection we never dined in the suite preferring the wide range of other choices.

To make the most of having a butler you do need to talk to them soon after boarding about what you want from them. For example, we like them to leave a snack in the fridge each evening for us to enjoy late at night on the balcony. If we didn’t have the conversation the butler would not provide this.

i had breakfast three different times and coffee almost every day, always delivered by room service guys, never once by my butler, didn't know they were the ones who do that.

i had breakfast three different times and coffee almost every day, always delivered by room service guys, never once by my butler, didn't know they were the ones who do that.

Have never known that....even if we have requested something when our butler has been off duty it has always been delivered by an alternative butler not by room service.

You couldn’t be confusing two cruises could you or a charter cruise (where sometimes things are changed)? For example, on RC where even when you are in a top suite and have Star Genie service all room service is delivered by standard room service? Just a thought....I can honestly say we have completed many X suite cruises across several of their fleet and never had anything delivered by room service....

When in a suite, breakfast was always delivered by our butler if we ordered it. He also brought us requsted snacks daily. He set up a table with table linen on the balcony or inside the suite if we requested it. We didn’t order from the TV but used the card provided by him at left in on the door the night before we wanted the breakfast.

Have never known that....even if we have requested something when our butler has been off duty it has always been delivered by an alternative butler not by room service.

You couldn’t be confusing two cruises could you or a charter cruise (where sometimes things are changed)? For example, on RC where even when you are in a top suite and have Star Genie service all room service is delivered by standard room service? Just a thought....I can honestly say we have completed many X suite cruises across several of their fleet and never had anything delivered by room service....

i have never been in a suite on royal that's all i did before celebrity, never did a charter or anything like that.

i have never been in a suite on royal that's all i did before celebrity, never did a charter or anything like that.

Now I don’t know if we have been lucky and well looked after by the butler service or if you just had a lazy butler...hopefully a few other RS guests will reply with their experiences.

i've done royal suite twice and celebrity suite twice, going to do aquaclass this time. we have friends that don't do suites, and so can't go into lumanie or michael's club so rather switch to aqua.

All of our cruises on Celebrity have been in either a RS or the PH and we have had many breakfasts in suite. Every time they were brought and set-up by our butler who came in and set everything either on the dining table or on the balcony, including a white tablecloth. Any other time a room service order was placed, our butler or another if ours was on a break would deliver it and always went above and beyond if anything else was needed. The only time it was someone other then a butler was if we ordered late night snacks. Always sailed with family who stayed in sky suites and they received the same level of service. I'll suspect lazy butlers in the case where room service attendants made the deliveries.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by CruisersTimesThree

All of our cruises on Celebrity have been in either a RS or the PH and we have had many breakfasts in suite. Every time they were brought and set-up by our butler who came in and set everything either on the dining table or on the balcony, including a white tablecloth. Any other time a room service order was placed, our butler or another if ours was on a break would deliver it and always went above and beyond if anything else was needed. The only time it was someone other then a butler was if we ordered late night snacks. Always sailed with family who stayed in sky suites and they received the same level of service. I'll suspect lazy butlers in the case where room service attendants made the deliveries.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you ever order anything other than breakfast?

Were you able to order anything other than what was on the MDR menu?

i was in a royal suite, and never had stuff delivered by the butler, i guess he was always too busy, but never had the dinner in room dining done.

i've done royal suite twice and celebrity suite twice, going to do aquaclass this time. we have friends that don't do suites, and so can't go into lumanie or michael's club so rather switch to aqua.

Are you suggesting that you were in a RS twice and the Butler never served you in you cabin? Odd indeed.

Are you suggesting that you were in a RS twice and the Butler never served you in you cabin? Odd indeed.

right, that's what i'm saying, the butler's were really nice, like I asked to be on the bow for sailaway and they got me that, and I got dinner at the captain's table once, that was pretty cool. I got all of those tours, like kitchen and bridge ones by just asking him, so those were all pretty cool.

but in terms of setting up stuff in the room or on the balcony, no i didn't get that. but I will agree that you almost need to know what stuff you can get., because they will do stuff for you especially if you ask.

Did you ever order anything other than breakfast?

Were you able to order anything other than what was on the MDR menu?

Whenever we stayed in the RS, we only did breakfast. We ordered anything we wanted and it was brought.

Our last 2 cruises were in the Summit PH. When we met our butler (who we knew from previous cruises) he told us that we could dine any meal in our suite and we could order from any restaurant we wanted. I don't think this is the norm. I'll guess it was because it was the PH and we had a previous relationship with this particular butler, but we never took advantage of it as we usually sail with family in other suites and we all enjoy dinner in either Luminae or a specialty restaurant.

Some days we would order some lunch in for our son and it wasn't always something on the room service/MDR menu, but was accommodated anyway.

Whenever we stayed in the RS, we only did breakfast. We ordered anything we wanted and it was brought.

Our last 2 cruises were in the Summit PH. When we met our butler (who we knew from previous cruises) he told us that we could dine any meal in our suite and we could order from any restaurant we wanted. I don't think this is the norm. I'll guess it was because it was the PH and we had a previous relationship with this particular butler, but we never took advantage of it as we usually sail with family in other suites and we all enjoy dinner in either Luminae or a specialty restaurant.

Some days we would order some lunch in for our son and it wasn't always something on the room service/MDR menu, but was accommodated anyway.

Debbie, thanks for your comments.

We're looking forward to our first Star cruise next March. We're very fond of dining in our suite. We're considering Celebrity for our next cruise following. It would be nice to have that option again.