Laundry on a 12 day cruise

A couple of laundry questions...

When during a 12 day cruise do they offer the discounted laundry special?

Do Platinum members get more than 1 free bag when the cruise is longer than 7 days?

Going on my first 7+ day cruise in a few weeks and am trying to pack light.

Usually somewhere around the mid-point of the cruise is the bag deal offered $19.99 all you can fit in a bag.

Do Platinum members get more than 1 free bag when the cruise is longer than 7 days?

1 bag per cabin per cruise - Then tie that in with the bag deal 2 laundry services should be more than enough.

You will be fine with having 1 free laundry and one bag deal.

You can mix and match anything that fits within the bag.

Only launder items made to be laundered - Of course silks delicates and dry clean items excluded.

NCL does do dry cleaning also but no bag deal or other deal.

Bring along a small vial of laundry soap or packet of powder soap to do sink laundry.

The Platinum laundry schedule is different from the bag deal - Platinum anytime - bag deal only as scheduled.

Avoid doing your Platinum laundry on the same day as the bag deal.

Bag Deal allow 2 days for the job - Platinum in by 9am (give to cabin steward) and frequently back by 4pm

or early the next morning in a nice basket all folded up or on hangers.

BEWARE the scratchy itchy ID tags attached to your clothing to prevent loss.

If there are two of you in a cabin and both are Platinum you BOTH get a free bag even though the handout just says a free bag. When you do the bag write PLATINUM very bold with one of the names on both the bag and the docket. The second time use the other name.

We were told the way it actually works is that each Platinum guest gets the free bag offer every time that they offer the "All you can fit in a bag" for $19.99 offer.

So if they offer the $19.99 deal twice on the cruise you each get two Platinum frees.

Thanks everyone. I’ve sailed many times on NCL so know the general workings of their laundry system. Was looking to get an idea of when the $20 special took place on longer sailings so I could maximize it with my free bag of laundry (I’m Platinum, my husband is not). Someone else I know mentioned that on a recent TA they did 2 free bags with their Platinum perk but I haven’t ever seen anything that explicitly said you get 1 free bag on 7 day cruises and 2 on longer ones so I didn’t want to assume.

Thanks everyone. I’ve sailed many times on NCL so know the general workings of their laundry system. Was looking to get an idea of when the $20 special took place on longer sailings so I could maximize it with my free bag of laundry (I’m Platinum, my husband is not). Someone else I know mentioned that on a recent TA they did 2 free bags with their Platinum perk but I haven’t ever seen anything that explicitly said you get 1 free bag on 7 day cruises and 2 on longer ones so I didn’t want to assume.

Written policy is 1 bag per cruise. Do not expect more. BUT, on occasion the Cruise Next staff will tell you more bags. These are isolated cases, with the problem of some, making assumptions. For me, in the last 6 months,. I was on 2 14 day cruises, Jan/Feb- 1 bag each cruise. I was just on for 15 days and got 3 bags. , a 12 day in December got 2.

Assume it is going to be one bag.

On 12-14 days cruises the "laundry special" will usually be offered twice, first on day 4 or 5 of your cruise, and then a few days later again. This is in addition to your one free bag per person per cruise because of Platinum status. The Platinum free laundry bag is normally just one bag per person per cruise. To profit the most out of our Platinum/Platinum Plus status in the past when doing B2B cruises (I understand that your cruise is not a B2B, just wanted to mention it anyway :) ), we have booked them as two separate cruises (but staying in the same cabin on both cruises) and then received all Platinum/Platinum Plus perks twice.

Does anyone know if there is a laundry deal if you in a PH suite? It will be our 1st time in this type of cabin and we are not platinum.

Probably no free laundry - but - contact your butler on board and see if a deal is available.

Remember to tip accordingly.

Otherwise the mid-cruise bag deal is always available to everyone on board ($19.99).

Fill that sack/bag and then some - ask for another if possible - max it out !

Remember to inventory all the items going into the bag.

Probably no free laundry - but - contact your butler on board and see if a deal is available.

Remember to tip accordingly.

Otherwise the mid-cruise bag deal is always available to everyone on board ($19.99).

Fill that sack/bag and then some - ask for another if possible - max it out !

Remember to inventory all the items going into the bag.

Thank you! I was just wondering.