Worried about upgrade bid

Larhar

I'm currently booked in a mid ship balcony cabin on the Dawn. I put in a bid for an upgrade to a mini. suite with balconey. Now I'm worried that if my bid is successful I might end up with a sail away mini with a obstructed view balcony which would not be an upgrade at all.

Is my worry justified?

The email accepting the bid says it's not to late to cancel the bid. I'm starting to think that I should cancel.

What would you do?

I received an offer of bidding for Epic in July and did not know what to do. I was tempted to put in an offer but decided to call Travel Agent first. They suggested I should keep cabin already booked as there was no guarantee as to what I may end up with.

Regarding mini suites they said there was hardly any difference in size and may get a bath in shower .

I received an offer of bidding for Epic in July and did not know what to do. I was tempted to put in an offer but decided to call Travel Agent first. They suggested I should keep cabin already booked as there was no guarantee as to what I may end up with.

Regarding mini suites they said there was hardly any difference in size and may get a bath in shower .

The balcony toilet and showers transporter tubes are very small. And since there is no bathroom, can’t just leave the doors open. We always book a mini on the Epic.

I'm currently booked in a mid ship balcony cabin on the Dawn. I put in a bid for an upgrade to a mini. suite with balconey. Now I'm worried that if my bid is successful I might end up with a sail away mini with a obstructed view balcony which would not be an upgrade at all.

Is my worry justified?

The email accepting the bid says it's not to late to cancel the bid. I'm starting to think that I should cancel.

What would you do?

I'm curious if OP checked the deck plans? All of the minis are on Deck 11, and none of them are obstructed. The only bad thing about any of those cabins, in my opinion, would be to be located too far forward.

Thanks for the replies.

The following quote is from NCL. Dawn booking page and has me worried.

Sail Away Mini-Suite

As our lowest available rate for this category, a Sail Away Mini-Suite stateroom guarantees you’ll receive a Mini-Suite stateroom or better! Please note that the view from your balcony may be fully obstructed or partially obstructed. Your stateroom may be on any deck and assigned up to one day prior to embarkation. Promotional rates and offers are excluded on this category (MX)

Thanks for the replies.

The following quote is from NCL. Dawn booking page and has me worried.

Sail Away Mini-Suite

As our lowest available rate for this category, a Sail Away Mini-Suite stateroom guarantees you’ll receive a Mini-Suite stateroom or better! Please note that the view from your balcony may be fully obstructed or partially obstructed. Your stateroom may be on any deck and assigned up to one day prior to embarkation. Promotional rates and offers are excluded on this category (MX)

While it is true that the main difference is the bathroom on epic and newer ships, there is a bigger difference in room size on the dawn and jewel class ships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why Are you Bidding?

Do you need a bathtub?

Prefer deck 11?

Just cuz you can?

Our last 3 cruises has been a mid ship balcony on deck 9. The cruise coming up in 2 weeks is also a deck 9 mid ship balcony. Was just looking for something different this time around. By bidding ,I thought that I might get a deal . I don't think that the mini is worth the full price.

I just cancelled the bid.