Anybody else been told you can't use Safari with the Celebrity Web

ccotting

I haven't been able to get into the Celebrity website, it asks me for my security question, tells me my answer is wrong and that another user is using my email.

Speaking to Captain's Club I was told the problem is my web browser, that I must use Google Chrome.

I haven't had similar problems with any other website. Has anyone else been told this? Any Geeks out there with feedback? It seems bizarre to me for a major corporation to have their website fail to work with a major Apple platform.

I had similar problems but everything is working now, explorer, safari, and Firefox. I did clear cookies on all devices and that seemed to do the trick. Good luck. Frustrating. I too had a conversation with Captains Club. Their advice was wait. It was a web site issue. Whatever!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven't been able to get into the Celebrity website, it asks me for my security question, tells me my answer is wrong and that another user is using my email.

Speaking to Captain's Club I was told the problem is my web browser, that I must use Google Chrome.

I haven't had similar problems with any other website. Has anyone else been told this? Any Geeks out there with feedback? It seems bizarre to me for a major corporation to have their website fail to work with a major Apple platform.

Had the same problem with Firefox. I don't know how many things you've tried but using my email address instead of my username, I did a password change using 'Forgot Password?' and it worked for me.

Fixed. We did the password reset. The system had mixed my husbands and my accounts. My first pet answer was not his!!! So each of us had to go in and manually change email, date of birth, name and then enter crown & anchor and celebrity numbers against our emails. Each of us one at a time. That sorted it out. Nothing to do with Safari, it works fine! Another winner of a response from the phone staff......

It’s a lot of nonsense.

I use Safari and Firefox on my computer with no problem. I have used Chrome in the past and it very poorly written . It couldn't access a lot of common sites. My online banking doesn't recommend Chrome or Edge for use on their site.

I use Safari and Firefox on my computer with no problem. I have used Chrome in the past and it very poorly written . It couldn't access a lot of common sites. My online banking doesn't recommend Chrome or Edge for use on their site.

When the Celebrity phone attendant recommended I download it and offered to help me, I declined. My IT security program does not show it protected which makes your comment very interesting to me.

Just a bit of extra detail of what we did: For each of our emails, we requested password reset. Both email accounts had defaulted to my husband's name. I had to answer the security question with my husbands first pet, then it let me in. After that, in settings, I changed all personal information to me (name birthdate etc) and added my royal and celebrity numbers. We did this through both the Royal and Celebrity portals.

I use Chrome on my pc and Safari on my ipad and have no problems due to the browser I'm using.

I have also been able to register and use my IPad to view my registration. However I am still not able to review excursions within my reservation using an IPad.

Are you able to view excursions on your reservation?

Thanks.

I have also been able to register and use my IPad to view my registration. However I am still not able to review excursions within my reservation using an IPad.

Thanks.

I don’t currently have any reservations on Celebrity but I do have two on their sister line, Royal Caribbean. I am able to acess everything on both of those.

Thanks.

I have that same problem. I can see my reservations, but if I try to go into any links, it brings me straight back to the home page. I emailed X and the reply stated that they couldn’t ring me due to the time difference and they couldn’t sort the problem with me online through email :confused:? I would need to telephone the US myself instead :o! Err, I think not - it was perfectly fine until they did their ‘updating’ :rolleyes:!

I tried to log into Celebrity today, using Chrome and Edge. Wasn’t able to get in. We just booked our first Celebrity cruise, so I created an account just a few weeks ago. I had no problems logging in until today. I’ve had an account for many years on Royal, and had no issues logging in there today (also have a cruise booked with them in the Spring).

Granted the websites have never been great, but this latest update does not impress.

I may have to go the “forgot password” route and go from there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks.

Haven't got that far yet! Hope so!!!

:rolleyes:I think the website is an equal opportunity disaster. When we booked our last cruise we had to use Chrome for certain things, Firefox for others and Edge as a last resort for printing the express pass. Go figure?:rolleyes:clear.png?emoji-roll-eyes-1744

There were reports the last few months of people being told by agents that X's website "didn't play well" with Apple products. This sounds like one of those things that was spread among the staff and some still take it as gospel. It very well could have been true at the time these reports started appearing. Their site has been in various states of disaster for over a year now.

I have that same problem. I can see my reservations, but if I try to go into any links, it brings me straight back to the home page. I emailed X and the reply stated that they couldn’t ring me due to the time difference and they couldn’t sort the problem with me online through email :confused:? I would need to telephone the US myself instead :o! Err, I think not - it was perfectly fine until they did their ‘updating’ :rolleyes:!

You might want to try again. Over the last several months I have had problems when using my IPad. I also had the same issue after the upgrade yesterday.

But today it is working, so I wonder if Celebrity made another change.

You might want to try again. Over the last several months I have had problems when using my IPad. I also had the same issue after the upgrade yesterday.

But today it is working, so I wonder if Celebrity made another change.

I tried again today and the mystery continues. As I stated previously, I can get into my account and see the reservations, but I can’t click on anything to book excursions, packages etc. However, while in ‘My Account’, I clicked on the main drop down menu (top left of page) and re-entered the reservation on the ‘Cruise Already Booked’ link, even though I could actually see the reservation on the screen in front of me. Anyway, it worked by going through the actual reservation number and sailing date, rather than solely on ‘My Account’. At least I could view the excursions on offer.

Will it work tomorrow - who knows :confused:?

I have had problems with BOTH Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. I can get in ONLY if I hit forgot password and pick a new one each time. This is totally crazy!!! I will no longer order anything online - just call and make reps do my work for specialty dining, drink packages, etc. I hope I can get in when I must do check in information.

I use Apple products(and Safari and Firefox) and I was finally able to login and see my account and future cruises by: choose sign in from main X site (top right corner of page) BUT do not use your username, use your email associated with your X account then put in your password. I had called X and do not want to clear my cookies, and it was X staff who suggested to do the email and not let the computer populate the user/ password

Hope it helps

I use Apple products(and Safari and Firefox) and I was finally able to login and see my account and future cruises by: choose sign in from main X site (top right corner of page) BUT do not use your username, use your email associated with your X account then put in your password. I had called X and do not want to clear my cookies, and it was X staff who suggested to do the email and not let the computer populate the user/ password

Hope it helps

Yes, that’s the correct thing. Unfortunately, my email was associated with my husband’s name. It was lucky we figured it out. During password reset the message came to my email addressed to him. I couldn’t get in because I was giving my answer to the security question, not his. Once we understood that, I used his answer, got in and changed the personal information associated with my email. Husband had to go in and do the same for his although it had his email but was not coping well with 2 emails against the same club number.

I agree, the user name is no longer active. As a previous poster mentioned “nice” of them to let us know!