Upgrade Fairy 4 months out

tamsocal

We were emaild today regarding complimentary Upgrade for Canada/New England cruise in October.

Originally booked 2 cabins as IF guarantee back in March. Rates kept changing late march and paid $80 to move both to BF guarantee lowest Balcony category.

Both "guarantee" cabins were assigned today by Princess to Deluxe Balcony DB. WOOHOO! they aren't next to each other but can't complain about that one.

Now I want another upgrade or $$ upsell to mini or Suite LOL. One Platinum in each cabin and a kid (but they have cruise time for platinum).

not quite as good as your Upgrade fairy blessing you with side by side cabins. :)

LMAO, I was pretty amazed at that one. I did link the reservations, but that doesn't always guarantee that they will be assigned next to each other.

LMAO, I was pretty amazed at that one. I did link the reservations, but that doesn't always guarantee that they will be assigned next to each other.

our reservations are linked but we cleared the waitlist for dining and now with the cabin assignment, we can't complain. Since I will consider upsell and would take another upgrade- not even going to call to ask for closer room. We all could sleep in a DB and have done that before just used the other cabin for storage (and picked the cabin we wanted to sleep in based on location, cabin steward, etc).

3rd and 4th passenger were crazy priced cabins when we booked.

Linking reservations is only for the purpose of table assignments at traditional dining. It has no connection at all to where cabins will be located.

In practice, people who have selected different cabin types in very different locations will have their reservations linked for dining purposes.

We had a complimentary upgrade offer last week for a cruise in October. Normally we mark our bookings No Upgrade as we want the same cabin for a series of B2B cruises. But this was our first cruise of several in a row, and we couldn’t get the same cabin for it that we had for the rest. We marked the booking Upgrade to the next cabin category accepted and were moved from an IE to BC. Both of these categories, as well as most others, are waitlisted on this particular cruise.

We had a complimentary upgrade offer last week for a cruise in October. Normally we mark our bookings No Upgrade as we want the same cabin for a series of B2B cruises. But this was our first cruise of several in a row, and we couldn’t get the same cabin for it that we had for the rest. We marked the booking Upgrade to the next cabin category accepted and were moved from an IE to BC. Both of these categories, as well as most others, are waitlisted on this particular cruise.

that is fantastic! you were moved up more categories than we were! WOOHOO!

we were on a guarantee so I had no specifics marked obviously-- was just hoping to not be under noisy places but planned to bring headphones and make the best of it since the guarantee fare was lower than all the rest-- $1329 for 10d

Just received an upgrade from lowest inside to outside for my Baltic cruise in July. Will be glad to have light.

we have had outstanding trips from lowest category inside to the penthouse-- love cruising!

but light is always nice-- happy cruising!!! enjoy your Oceanview!

• 3 weeks later...

Well darn! This is super! How did I miss this! 👍👍👍