No more Coffee Cards

LARGIN

Since I am reading the cards are electronic and only good for one cruise, how in the world would you use 30 “punches” on a 7 day cruise? Now for our 49 day cruise in February that would work.
🤗

Cheers, Denise

It looks like the number of specialty coffees will vary depending on the length of cruise.

What is Included

• The package includes the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.
  • Guests may redeem the number of specialty coffees purchased in the package in locations where espresso is available. This will include select bar and dining areas and varies by ship and/or itinerary.
  • Selections and service are limited to that venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

Package

Well' date=' IMHO the biggest thing that needs to be put back is that the mini bar is good for 2 coffee cards, whether electronic or paper. The concept of 2 elites or guests in a suite having to choose which ONE gets the perk really isn't fair and doesn't compare with the cost of a mini-bar.

I can live with the concept that perk cards expire at the end of the cruise. I don't like it, but it is tolerable. But if you bought the card, the punches should continue to be valid. Otherwise, they won't sell any coffee cards on short cruises! Princess made a bad decision all around. This could have been much better thought through prior to instituting the changes.[/quote']

But if you swap for a bottle of wine you only get one bottle....so why should you get 2 coffee cards?

I think I'm one of the very rare people who find the coffee card a good deal. I'm a big coffee drinker, so I'll easily have one specialty coffee a day and at least 2-3 brewed coffee's throughout the morning. My cruise will be a 15 day cruise so it's measured out perfectly. But they really do need something for a shorter cruise.

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-package-disclaimer/index.html

NEW GROUNDS COFFEE PACKAGE

Terms & Conditions 2018

What is Included

• The package includes the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.
  • Guests may redeem the number of specialty coffees purchased in the package in locations where espresso is available. This will include select bar and dining areas and varies by ship and/or itinerary.
  • Selections and service are limited to that venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

Package Details and Qualifications

• The package may be pre-purchased up to 4 days prior to boarding the vessel.
  • The package is NOT available for pre-purchase within 3 days of sailing.
  • The coffee package is valid only on the voyage for which it is purchased. If the maximum number of coffees pre-purchased are not used during the voyage, the remaining value will NOT be credited or refunded and is NOT transferrable for any purpose.
  • Coffee packages cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Coffee packages are only valid for use by the purchaser.

Exclusions and Limitations

• Does NOT apply to bottled or ready to drink items such as canned coffee items etc.
  • CANNOT be redeemed when ordering Room Service or for Mini Bar items.

Terms and Conditions

• Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update these terms and conditions of our beverage packages / offers at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply, in addition to the terms and conditions of the passage contract.
  • Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented with or without notice.
  • Pricing is subject to change without notice, and for vessels designated in a foreign currency (Australia as an example), packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations. Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.
  • By purchasing a coffee package, you agree to these and all future terms and conditions.

If any or all of this is true I see it as a major marketing customer relations disaster. Yes Will Survive and it's not the end of the world but why put us through this. So if I buy a card I can't even let my wife use it or buy her a coffee on my card how ridiculous. I think that princess implements these things with a very little for thought. Enough said.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Forums mobile app

If any or all of this is true I see it as a major marketing customer relations disaster. Yes Will Survive and it's not the end of the world but why put us through this. So if I buy a card I can't even let my wife use it or buy her a coffee on my card how ridiculous. I think that princess implements these things with a very little for thought. Enough said.

That’s not true. It’s already been clarified that you can buy multiple specialty coffees on one card and give them to others.

Nothing is different except nothing carries over past the current cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s not true. It’s already been clarified that you can buy multiple specialty coffees on one card and give them to others.

Nothing is different except nothing carries over past the current cruise.

So what about the fact that we only get one card in exchange for our state room setup is that true. And what about all the people that purchase cards as they get off the ship to be used for the next trip or have leftover cards that's ridiculous they should put a long time limit on that a year 18 months to years something to that nature.

It's a shame they can't offer a package that essentially allows you to have as many speciality coffees as you like during your cruise at a set price per coffee. For example, and this is using AUD pricing, the old coffee cards were AU$36 for 15 punches or AU $2.40 per coffee. That way there would be no problems with not using up all the "punches" on the package. Also using this system it wouldn't matter if you bough coffees for other people on your card. And, of course, it would allow unlimited brewed coffee for the card holder only.

Not sure how it could be adapted for elite/suite swap-outs though.

Not sure if this means it's not available for purchase onboard, or if presale just ends 4 days before the cruise. For instance, the bottled water package specifically states: "For pre-purchase ONLY through Gift Guide or Cruise Personalizer." Also the coffee program T&C's state in part "packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations."

Not quite sure if this is true either as the new rules specifically state "If the maximum number of coffees pre-purchased are not used during the voyage, the remaining value will NOT be credited or refunded and is NOT transferable for any purpose" where before you could use punches on future cruises. It also states "Coffee packages cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Coffee packages are only valid for use by the purchaser" where previously there was no restriction on sharing a coffee card between people. Although I suspect the part of selling or otherwise transferring cards is part of the reason for the change, effectively killing of the trading in minibars for coffee cards and then selling them on eBay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unbelievable! The whining over a $2.33 cappuccino after spending $$thousands for a cruise. Again, we all must thank those who abused the system so that Princess had to restructure the "coffee card" benefit to protect others.

You will still be able to purchase multiple cups on one "card" and refill or get a new "card" when it runs out.

If you don't like the rules, don't cruise. Simple.

It's pretty much like the drink package -- where if you don't drink your 15 drinks in one day,

too bad. You don't get to drink the remainder the next day, or on the next cruise.

If one doesn't like the terms of the new card, simply pay per drink.

Unbelievable! The whining over a $2.33 cappuccino after spending $$thousands for a cruise. Again, we all must thank those who abused the system so that Princess had to restructure the "coffee card" benefit to protect others.

You will still be able to purchase multiple cups on one "card" and refill or get a new "card" when it runs out.

Proof that you shouldn't stand between a person and their morning coffee...

I am looking forward to hearing from somebody who is on a ship with this new card whether or not the iced teas are included. I don't seem to see that mentioned at all in any of the info from Princess.

I have a few punches left on my old card from this past winter which I was going to use on my next cruise. I shall now take it out of my desk drawer and recycle it since it is worthless.

The sad part is that if you want decent coffee, one has to go to the International Café since it is the only place on the ship with brewed coffee and you have to pay for it. The other alternative is the "free" coffee which is made from Nescafe concentrate found in the buffet or MDR.

Edited by tip

So what about the fact that we only get one card in exchange for our state room setup is that true. And what about all the people that purchase cards as they get off the ship to be used for the next trip or have leftover cards that's ridiculous they should put a long time limit on that a year 18 months to years something to that nature.

Also not true. Princess has already stated (on their Facebook page) that you will still get 2 new packages per minibar swap.

While I am guilty as charged for having actually sold ALL of my Elite benefit-sourced coffee cards, I applaud Princess for taking this decision.

It is insane to even think that any kind of package (coffee or otherwise) purchased on one cruise can carry on to another cruise.

Just plain insane and definitely a poor business idea.

I have a few punches left on my old card from this past winter which I was going to use on my next cruise. I shall now take it out of my desk drawer and recycle it since it is worthless.

Don't cut it up yet!!

Wait until the dust settles. Princess bean counters may change their minds.

While I am guilty as charged for having actually sold ALL of my Elite benefit-sourced coffee cards, I applaud Princess for taking this decision.

It is insane to even think that any kind of package (coffee or otherwise) purchased on one cruise can carry on to another cruise.

Just plain insane and definitely a poor business idea.

It may be insane, but that was the practice with unused punches. For people who don't drink 15 specialty coffees on one cruise but who sail frequently on Princess, it made sense. The idea that Princess is instituting a new expiration date on something that was sold without one is what's truly insane.

Or, if you have a friend who is cruising before the card runs out (date on card or 8/31/2019 if no date), recycle it their way. Why give Princess the benefit of the punches you've paid for?

Unbelievable! The whining over a $2.33 cappuccino after spending $$thousands for a cruise.

Not everyone pays "$$thousands" for a cruise. The email I got from Princess yesterday has Alaska cruises at $35/day, so a daily cappuccino at $2.33 is 6.6% of the cruise fare, which is not exactly small potatoes.

We only occasionally drink the specialty coffees, so we save a coffee card from one cruise and use the extra punches on the next one. The new expiration date that was added retroactively means that we'll lose some punches on our existing card (which we paid for with actual money) since we won't be sailing again before they expire. A $15 or $20 loss is obviously not going to break us, but it leaves an unpleasant taste, and this new policy means that coffee cards are not a good buy for us any longer. We'll end up drinking less specialty coffee and Princess will make less money from us.

But if you swap for a bottle of wine you only get one bottle....so why should you get 2 coffee cards?

exactly!

OMG here I am again posting......:D;)

But this coffee card is a hot button with me and I don't even drink coffee...

Why?..because it is such a small thing in the big world of Princess cruising.

Most of the people posting here never have even bought a card...and they feel they are being treated unfairly by Princess.

Those that have purchased them, feel they have already broken even or accept the new policy .......so what is the big deal.....?

No one buys coffee cards as they get off the ship....there are 2 reasons people buy coffee cards 1. because it saves them money and time 2. read 1.

Because the cards are for each person in the cabin. Unlike a bottle which is in your room already and shared, 2 coffee cards allows each person (I am assuming the "norm" of a couple per cabin) can get a coffee without the other person being present. Additionally, I think you should get 2 bottles of wine and not 1, based on the value of the mini booze bottles.

Because the cards are for each person in the cabin. Unlike a bottle which is in your room already and shared, 2 coffee cards allows each person (I am assuming the "norm" of a couple per cabin) can get a coffee without the other person being present. Additionally, I think you should get 2 bottles of wine and not 1, based on the value of the mini booze bottles.

I absolutely agree, anyway this is just one more pennypinching reason why Princess is no longer my first choice for cruises,

why Princess don't just have decent free regular coffee on all their ships like almost every other line I do not know.

Well actually I do know, they are too mean and nickel and diming to do it................. its very shortsighted of them, no way to encourage passenger loyalty, they get your money and then provide as little for it as they possibly can

And after 71 cruises on Princess I think I am qualified to comment, its going downhill big time

I am ashamed to be a stockholder in the company which owns Princess