West or East Caribbean?

Guym20

Perhaps if you compared apples to apples?

Compare Windstar to Paul Gauguin or Oceania (all lines that do Polynesia with small ships regularly). Using Carnival pricing only gets you a Carnival experience (wherever they sail).

And, again: fares on some lines (like Oceania) include the airfare (even to Papeete from Miami).

Wow are you a snob.

Sorry but, with a very few exceptions (best experienced by yacht charter), there's just no Caribbean comparison to places like Bora Bora, New Caledonia, Fiji et al. - not just the geography but also the culture, far fewer incidences of monstrous cruise ships parked all over along with thundering herds of tourists, etc.

6211fd7b2148ae3489bcfb2eb4a40ae1.jpg

Fakarava Lagoon

f4f131a9184a7b6cc1dea7f03ad7c632.jpg

NaPali coast, Kauai

95ad03da243cfd01ffb79d354ce9c383.jpg

Bora Bora

e33563060758f821bde3f0eeeae0168e.jpg

Easter Island

I have no doubt that what you say is true but how many people here have the time and money to spend heading to Polynesia?

Compare Windstar to Paul Gauguin or Oceania (all lines that do Polynesia with small ships regularly). Using Carnival pricing only gets you a Carnival experience (wherever they sail).

And, again: fares on some lines (like Oceania) include the airfare (even to Papeete from Miami).

I was not comparing apples to anything - while you were comparing diamonds to potatos with your claim of a Polynesia itinerary costing no more than one from Miami.

Yes, a better experience across the board: but comparably priced ---- BULL!

I also recommend St. Thomas (Megan's Bay) or better Trunk Bay on St. John. In St. Thomas take a taxi to Red Hook and catch the ferry to St. John. They have transportation to most of their beaches. Trunk Bay has the only underwater National Park in the system. Take your snorkel gear for a unique experience.

Good thing the OP did not ask for advice on getting their first car, I am guessing a nice late model Bentley would have been your advice. What part are you not understanding? They live in Miami. They are a young couple and want advice on a practical cruise in the Carib. Why do you insist on standing your ground when you are offering a very impractical answer? Let it go Bro!

To the OP - many locations you can and will visit on an east or west cruise will be really nice. You'll have lots of opportunities to see some really nice beaches on either route. If your looking for a secluded experience on the beach you should be able to find excursions which take you away from the massive cruise crowds.

My advice - find a nice Norwegian cruise offering. Just my advice but stay away from Jamaica and DR. There are some nice beaches in Grand Turk, Roatan, heck even in the Bahamas they have nice beaches.

Good luck!

Sorry but, with a very few exceptions (best experienced by yacht charter), there's just no Caribbean comparison to places like Bora Bora, New Caledonia, Fiji et al. - not just the geography but also the culture, far fewer incidences of monstrous cruise ships parked all over along with thundering herds of tourists, etc.

6211fd7b2148ae3489bcfb2eb4a40ae1.jpg

Fakarava Lagoon

The water and sand in this picture reminds me of our Carnival excursion that included a stop at Gold Rock Beach while we were in Freeport, Bahamas. There were around 30 of us split into 3 groups of around 10 each, so not crowded at all. There was a picnic pavilion in the trees and a few benches, but otherwise very little to mar the view on the beach.

We've done a few cruises and usually go in September as it's our anniversary month. I have to say we have been lucky and only hit one hurricane. Boston to Bermuda behind hurrican Mitch ( name which was ironic because our last name is Mitchell). They will divert you if any storms come up so be ready to change plans just in case.