Oceania drink prices

lrcruising

11 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

To quote our Butler:  Not the best but not the worst.  We agreed with that assessment of our Cab:  it was OK, but then we're not Cab fans.  We wouldn't buy it, but when it's free, do as the Romans do 🍷

Thank you, 1985rz1,

I appreciate your input.

3 hours ago, Brentwood Bay said:

Presently aboard Regatta around Australia.....

We told them that the Cyclo gift wine was really poor.  They told us that was probably why they had seen several bottles of Cyclo left in bins in other cabins.

$5.00 a bottle would not be a bargain. Surprisingly we have seen it listed as the red wine of the day for $7.50 + 18% gratuity per glass.  Run away!

I think you have told me all I need to know.  Thanks.

O has served many of these lower quality wines, particularly from South America or South Africa, on their by the glass package s for years. This sounds like something Viking does by private labeling plonk for their cruise line.

Fortunately, I haven’t seen the wine in question! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, a couple of other quick questions:

- if you subscribe to the Premium drink package, how soon can you have a drink on board (can you have a mimosa with your breakfast or a beer before noon)?

- also, does anyone have a list of the prices for wine/champagne and cocktails.  The pictures of the menus just showed liquor and beer.

- finally is champagne, the real deal from France, or sparkling wine?

thanks!

17 minutes ago, Sun Queen II said:

- if you subscribe to the Premium drink package, how soon can you have a drink on board (can you have a mimosa with your breakfast or a beer before noon)?

- also, does anyone have a list of the prices for wine/champagne and cocktails.  The pictures of the menus just showed liquor and beer.

thanks!

The greater question would be “ Can I find an adult beverage server at breakfast. If in the Terrace, you’ll probably finish your meal before you could ever actually order, or have delivered, a mimosa. Likely never happen in Waves. The best chance would be in the GDR at breakfast. However, a lot of patience would be required.

Regular waitstaff will not take orders for adult beverages. In all venues, You have to wait for a wine steward, or other specifically designed waiter, to take a drink order. The Terrace is for Teatotallers!, and that’s at lunch and dinner, good luck finding anyone there to show up at breakfast to take your order.

Best bet, only eat breakfast in the GDR. You may however find this difficult in that the GDR rarely facilitates normal early morning port tours.

10 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

The greater question would be “ Can I find an adult beverage server at breakfast. If in the Terrace, you’ll probably finish your meal before you could ever actually order, or have delivered, a mimosa. Likely never happen in Waves. The best chance would be in the GDR at breakfast. However, a lot of patience would be required.

Regular waitstaff will not take orders for adult beverages. In all venues, You have to wait for a wine steward, or other specifically designed waiter, to take a drink order. The Terrace is for Teatotallers!, and that’s at lunch and dinner, good luck finding anyone there to show up at breakfast to take your order.

Best bet, only eat breakfast in the GDR. You may however find this difficult in that the GDR rarely facilitates normal early morning port tours.

My experience at the Terrace, on both the Riviera and Marina, has been somewhat different. I've always seen several wine stewards there at lunch, and my wife and I had wines by the glass at lunch nearly every day at the Terrace. The key is to find a table near where the stewards congregate and have their wine "stash" (usually near the doors to the outside area), and either make eye contact with them or ask one of the "regular" servers to bring someone over. It always worked.

As for Champagne by the glass, it was real French Champagne, at least as of our most recent O cruise eighteen months ago. it was included in the drink package, which made the package even more of a bargain (it would have been around $17 a glass otherwise, and my wife always had two glasses).

2 hours ago, jimdee3636 said:

My experience at the Terrace, on both the Riviera and Marina, has been somewhat different. I've always seen several wine stewards there at lunch, and my wife and I had wines by the glass at lunch nearly every day at the Terrace. The key is to find a table near where the stewards congregate and have their wine "stash" (usually near the doors to the outside area), and either make eye contact with them or ask one of the "regular" servers to bring someone over. It always worked.

As for Champagne by the glass, it was real French Champagne, at least as of our most recent O cruise eighteen months ago. it was included in the drink package, which made the package even more of a bargain (it would have been around $17 a glass otherwise, and my wife always had two glasses).

Don’t you feel it’s rather poor service that you had to find a table near where they hang out??? How about those poor dry souls that don’t/ can’t find such a table?? You obviously think that is acceptable!!!!!

I have been on three (3) Oceania Cruises since your last one. O has reduced wait staff in the Terrace since you last sailed. Finding an alcohol server now in the Terrace is now difficult. Last two cruises they had one each working each side of the Terrace at lunch and dinner. Good Luck getting service during prime time!

3 hours ago, Sun Queen II said:

thanks!

my go to guy has photos of the bar menus on his blog

https://www.thepreismans.com/marina19_menus.htm#Bar

On 12/30/2019 at 6:08 PM, Sun Queen II said:

thanks!

The champagne for a few years has been a true French Champagne called Montaudon, which I like and runs about $35 bottle retail, making the package a good deal.  Recently, it looks like something called Germain has taken its place; it appears to be from Champagne, but the winery has no presence on the web.  One post on another thread called it a $10 bottle and compared it to US Korbel.  This is a disappointing development, if true.  The Oceania menu prices the Germain at $16.50 just like the Montaudon was, but if the Germain retail quote is correct, that just appears to be Oceania pretending that it is a like-substitute...

• 2 weeks later...

Two glasses of Duck Horn cab cost us $42 USD last week.  Only a few of the cheap house wines are included in our Premium Beverage package by the glass.  

A double Patron over ice would have been $32 had it not been included on our beverage package.  Most of the browns were $10 - $12 a shot, with Macallan Quest $16.50.  Knob Creek $11.25  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

On 6/7/2018 at 1:30 PM, lrcruising said:

We are considering a premium drink package for our upcoming cruise. Does anyone have pricing for top shelf cocktails and martinis???? Trying to decide if it's better to pay by the drink or get the package. We are in port most of the days.....

Well....you can buy the prem drinks package at any time prior to the last 3 days of the cruise !!!   You do not have to buy in advance...just run down to  reception at any time and ask to get it .... 30 seconds later you get  a new card and can order.

Since your in port most days, you may want to come on board and see just what your ordering... and what it is costing you , then make a decision.   That will give you a sound experience and  you can see what you could or could not get and if it is worth  it.

Personally,, with lots of port days  I would not...I'd have to binge drink after getting back to the ship..... I value my health more than my wallet.