Oceania drink prices

lrcruising

We are considering a premium drink package for our upcoming cruise. Does anyone have pricing for top shelf cocktails and martinis???? Trying to decide if it's better to pay by the drink or get the package. We are in port most of the days.....

We are considering a premium drink package for our upcoming cruise. Does anyone have pricing for top shelf cocktails and martinis???? Trying to decide if it's better to pay by the drink or get the package. We are in port most of the days.....

Expect to pay ten to twelve dollars per cocktail, plus the 18% service fee. :D

El Tesoro Annejo Tequila is $16.50 neat (less than 1.5 ounce pour) or as a single Margarita (plus 18% gratuity). Thus, two doubles/day (other than at twofer happy hours or free booze O Club events) for premium spirits makes the Prestige Package a good deal.

However, since we have started to do mostly extended journeys of more than three-four weeks, such a booze consumption pace (IMO) would be a bit much. In addition, we almost exclusively drink wine we've brought onboard or acquired in appropriate ports. The $25 corkage at dining venues plus the cost of exceptional wines retailing for more than $40 USD/bottle is far less that the charge onboard for a list of mostly mediocre offerings (even worse are the wines-by-the-glass offered in the packages).

Bottom line is that the value of the packages really is an individual decision.

My wife and I have been on three Oceania cruises over the past sixteen months (one on the Riviera, two on the Marina). All three times, we purchased the premium beverage package ($59.95 pp, per day, inc. gratuities), and we've never regretted it.

If you're a martini drinker you certainly need to get the premium package, because the "non-package" martinis are small, and I mean really small ("premium package" martinis are basically double martinis, by Oceania's definition). And if you like French champagne, you'd pay something like $17 per glass without the package (plus the 18% gratuity), and you'd probably have more than one (and maybe you'd enjoy a glass or two at lunch as well---my wife did almost every day).

By the time you paid for all the individual drinks and glasses of wine and champagne, and added the 18%, most regular drinkers would be over the $59.95. And why have to think about it? You're on a great cruise---let yourself go!

• Like 1

A couple of beer at lunch some wine with dinner and a good single malt at the end of the day plus 18% should cover the cost of the premium package

not sure why the links do not work

here is one menu

i-bpGHcTS-L.jpg

Hello LHT28, I See that Knob Creek is listed on the bar menu. On my last O cruise, Marina, March 2017 they had it listed on menu as well, but was no longer available on the ship. Does anyone else like Knob Creek? And do they now stock it on ship? Thanks

Hello LHT28, I See that Knob Creek is listed on the bar menu. On my last O cruise, Marina, March 2017 they had it listed on menu as well, but was no longer available on the ship. Does anyone else like Knob Creek? And do they now stock it on ship? Thanks

we just took the photos of the menus

• 8 months later...
On 6/8/2018 at 12:07 PM, FetaCheese said:

We just came off of Regatta; they had Knob Creek on the shelf in Horizons.

On 2/18/2019 at 12:05 PM, kroeni said:

Can anybody please explain me which wines are included in the house select (house wines only?) and which wines are included in the premium/prestige? Is it marked in the menue? Thanks!

The wines are the same on both packages. The house package is wine and beer only at lunch and dinner. The prestige is hard liquor, wine and beer, anytime, anywhere.

Hi all!!! I figured I would throw my 2 cents in... The way I look at it -- If you are relatively big drinker then the package is worth it. I am not a huge drinker; my Partner a bit more (probably from living with me..:classic_biggrin:). You are basically paying $70 per day including gratuity PP.  We will be on the ship for 10 days, so it would be $700 per person x 2 $1,400. I personally just can't see spending that money for 10 days.  We have been on Oceania twice before and they had great happy hours - BOGO free; one from 5-7 PM and one at 10 or 11 PM in the lounge upstairs.  We also bring a bottle each with us of what we drink.  We will also be off the ship in the Med all day.  I usually find those packages better suited for the Caribbean cruises.  I like them even better when I get them included as a perk on some cruise lines. Happy cruising to all....🍸😊  

Just now, neilrr said:

Hi all!!! I figured I would throw my 2 cents in... The way I look at it -- If you are relatively big drinker then the package is worth it. I am not a huge drinker; my Partner a bit more (probably from living with me..:classic_biggrin:). You are basically paying $70 per day including gratuity PP.  We will be on the ship for 10 days, so it would be $700 per person x 2 $1,400. I personally just can't see spending that money for 10 days.  We have been on Oceania twice before and they had great happy hours - BOGO free; one from 5-7 PM and one at 10 or 11 PM in the lounge upstairs.  We also bring a bottle each with us of what we drink.  We will also be off the ship in the Med all day.  I usually find those packages better suited for the Caribbean cruises.  I like them even better when I get them included as a perk on some cruise lines. Happy cruising to all....🍸😊  

The Prestige package is roughly $60 pp pd  so you could save a bit  from your calculations :classic_biggrin:

Or if you don't drink much have your partner get the package and you pay as you go. On Oceania both people in the cabin don't have to get the drink package. 

Also remember, if one is on an O ship with the package,and does La Reserve , they get a 20% discount off their dinner price on the final bill. That was nice from our Dom Perignon dinner!

Edited by pinotlover

On the subject of Knob Creek Kentucky Bourbon; Having a week ago departed the Marina I can personally attest to enjoying a ( Ok, maybe a couple) Knob Creek Old Fashions in Horizons as we launched anchors and sailed away from another beautiful French Polynesian Island! Life was good!

As to the Happy Hour bogo deal it's about as legitimate as the brochure prices they advertise. The only reason they give you a second drink free is because the drinks are half normal size so you need two to make one drink you get in Maritnis.