Oceania drink prices

lrcruising

37 minutes ago, wripro said:

As to the Happy Hour bogo deal it's about as legitimate as the brochure prices they advertise. The only reason they give you a second drink free is because the drinks are half normal size so you need two to make one drink you get in Maritnis.

Not necessarily. There's a grain of truth here, but not always. 

19 minutes ago, wripro said:

As to the Happy Hour bogo deal it's about as legitimate as the brochure prices they advertise. The only reason they give you a second drink free is because the drinks are half normal size so you need two to make one drink you get in Maritnis.

maybe  the Martinis  are smaller  but I have gotten  wine & they are both regular size

DH  gets  G & T also regular size

48 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

48 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

maybe  the Martinis  are smaller  but I have gotten  wine & they are both regular size

DH  gets  G & T also regular size

They do not decrease the size of the martini's in Horizons during the 241, it is just that the size of the martinis served in the Martini Bar are larger, all of the time.  

We have a number of friends who only patronize Horizons because they prefer the smaller size.  

Just now, StanandJim said:

They do not decrease the size of the martini's in Horizons during the 241, it is just that the size of the martinis served in the Martini Bar are larger, all of the time.  

We have a number of friends who only patronize Horizons because they prefer the smaller size.  

well I cannot comment on the size of Martinis  as I do not drink them  but wine & mixed drinks were the same size outside of HH  as they were during HH

YMMV

1 hour ago, 1985rz1 said:

Our experience is the same as StanandJim's.  Martinis in Horizons are smaller than martinis in Martinis, but they are the same size in Horizons for both normal and Happy Hour.

Regardless of the size of the martinis in Horizons I found their size during the Happy Hours pitifully small and half the size ou would get in any decent restaurant on land.

17 minutes ago, wripro said:

Regardless of the size of the martinis in Horizons I found their size during the Happy Hours pitifully small and half the size ou would get in any decent restaurant on land.

Sounds like I am fortunate that I dislike martinis!  Bring on the fruity sugary drinks. 😁

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!!! We recently booked another cruise on Sirena in July and as I recall all the drinks we had in Horizon/Martinis were the same size all the time (i.e. Happy Hour). We were quite pleased and being that we will be off the ship most of the day in each port the drink package, though nice to have, is too expensive for 10 days for 2 people. We will also bring a bottle along for each of us for room usage. We usually end up with a service for 12 of glassware in the stateroom....LOL😀🍸

I have no idea what your joke of ending up with glass ware is suppose to mean! Do you hide your dirty glasses? Do you tell the room attendant not to take any glasses out? We always leave our used glasses out to be taken and replaced by clean ones! How or why would one want to accumulate dirty glasses?

On 4/6/2019 at 9:23 AM, pinotlover said:

I have no idea what your joke of ending up with glass ware is suppose to mean! Do you hide your dirty glasses? Do you tell the room attendant not to take any glasses out? We always leave our used glasses out to be taken and replaced by clean ones! How or why would one want to accumulate dirty glasses?

Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed on Saturday morning and sounds like they can use more than a glass of Pinot...🍸 Someday when you are older and smarter -- I will explain it to you... P.S. All of the glasses are washed and clean -- stop by for a cocktail sometime...😊  

Neil;

I’ll obviously have to get a lot smarter. I wash enough wine glasses at home! 

If used, the room attendant gives us clean glasses daily. If we have friends over for afternoon drinks, I ask our room attendant or Butler depending upon Cabin type for any extra glasses we might need. We leave for dinner and upon return the dirty glasses have been gathered, the bed turned down, and we have fresh clean glasses for the two of us again. No need for washing dishes aboard ship! But if it’s something you delight in doing on vacation then please wash away and exclaim your brilliance in doing so! Each to their own!

• 8 months later...

Here is a crazy question so bear with me. My 11 year old and I just booked a bermuda cruise and amex promo is free wine tasting and bottle of wine. I don't drink alcohol and other than my son wants to drive me to drink he obviously doesn't drink.

Strangely I collect some bottle of alcohol for every country I've visited, which is around 70. Now my question is I heard Oceania has its own winery, or their parents company. On ship are there any bottles  with their label? Not exactly a country but would be cool for my collection as if possible I'd chose that bottle to keep.

11 minutes ago, thepla said:

Here is a crazy question so bear with me. My 11 year old and I just booked a bermuda cruise and amex promo is free wine tasting and bottle of wine. I don't drink alcohol and other than my son wants to drive me to drink he obviously doesn't drink.

Strangely I collect some bottle of alcohol for every country I've visited, which is around 70. Now my question is I heard Oceania has its own winery, or their parents company. On ship are there any bottles  with their label? Not exactly a country but would be cool for my collection as if possible I'd chose that bottle to keep.

I don't think they or their parent organizations own a winery (Someone on the board might actually know), but they do have a private label, Cyclo.  They have a white and a red.  Here's a picture of the red:

20191207_130912.thumb.jpg.17452795a6908cc25d95b29ddfc0fc60.jpg

Edited by 1985rz1

3 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

I don't think they or their parent organizations own a winery (Someone on the board might actually know), but they do have a private label, Cyclo.  They have a white and a red.  Here's a picture of the red:

I would be interested in how the Cyclo red wine tastes.  Any reviews?

15 minutes ago, NCCruzQueen said:

I would be interested in how the Cyclo red wine tastes.  Any reviews?

To quote our Butler:  Not the best but not the worst.  We agreed with that assessment of our Cab:  it was OK, but then we're not Cab fans.  We wouldn't buy it, but when it's free, do as the Romans do 🍷

Edited by 1985rz1

4 hours ago, thepla said:

Now my question is I heard Oceania has its own winery, or their parents company. On ship are there any bottles  with their label? Not exactly a country but would be cool for my collection as if possible I'd chose that bottle to keep.

I do not believe  Oceania own a winery

Mr Binder  does though & whether he provides  the wine for  the ship I do not know

https://www.silvertridentwinery.com/

I seem to remember one early pairing in La Reserve where one of the courses was paired with a Silver Trident wine. Not sure if they still do or if it's available by the bottle on the ship. 

I've been to their tasting room in Yountville and bought a couple of bottles to bring home. It's pretty good stuff, but I'm no oenophile.

26 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I do not believe  Oceania own a winery

Mr Binder  does though & whether he provides  the wine for  the ship I do not know

https://www.silvertridentwinery.com/

It looks like Mr Binder's winery in in Yountville, CA, a great wine region.  I'd love to try his Pinot Noir, but it's on the pricey side ($60.00 per bottle, list price at the winery).  Oceania's Private Label Cab is from Chile which produces some good wines.  I don't know if his wines are in the upscale section of its wine cellar, as we tend to not buy wines on board.

Thanks for the link.

Presently aboard Regatta around Australia.

When we boarded in San Francisco we arrived to a bottle of Cyclo red wine waiting in our cabin.  A few days later we were given another bottle of Cyclo by a fellow traveller and non-drinker.  My wife and I finally opened our bottle for a pre-dinner drink and promptly spit it out...really foul!  The remainder of the bottle and the other unopened bottle were transferred to the garbage can in the cabin.  Later that evening the room stewards quizzed us as to our actions.  We told them that the Cyclo gift wine was really poor.  They told us that was probably why they had seen several bottles of Cyclo left in bins in other cabins.

$5.00 a bottle would not be a bargain. Surprisingly we have seen it listed as the red wine of the day for $7.50 + 18% gratuity per glass.  Run away!

Edited by Brentwood Bay