Microwave oven

Lonzay

we’re traveling with a two year old that is gluten and dairy free. He eats organic,dairy and gluten free soup every day. It comes in a carton. Will we be able to get access to a microwave to heat the soup? His diet is very limited.

Are there any gluten free options on board?

we’re traveling with a two year old that is gluten and dairy free. He eats organic,dairy and gluten free soup every day. It comes in a carton. Will we be able to get access to a microwave to heat the soup? His diet is very limited.

No microwave's on a ship for public use ,,,

Make sure to let special needs know ahead of time of the allergies. In addition, the wait staff will do what they can to make sure your 2 year old is happy. Unfortunately, heating up soup you brought yourself might be a problem.

I learned in my chef's table and behind the fun tours that there are no microwaves in the galley. They made it sound like there are no microwaves on the ship at all, which I tend to believe since there isn't really a need for them.

I agree with notifying special needs about the dietary need and they will ensure the young one will not go hungry or eat allergens.

Did you book the cruise? Did you call the cruise line special needs line? Its always good to call and ask questions first, then ask again, to make sure your special needs can be met. Then ask for an email confirming the information to take with you.

Definitely talk to special needs before you go. You may find that cruising is not a suitable vacation for your two year old because of his limited diet.

Will he eat other foods? The ship can provide gluten and dairy free foods. However, "organic" is not something that the ship can offer.

Will he eat other foods? The ship can provide gluten and dairy free foods. However, "organic" is not something that the ship can offer.

That's because "organic" is not a dietary restriction, it is simply a preference.

In MY opinion, and ONLY MY opinion. IF the child has these allergies and has to be strictly monitored on his food intake, ANY food prepared out of my sight would be of concern. You can pre package all his food ahead of time, and bring it with you, but how many meals would that be? How would it be stored and prepared? I would opt to wait on a cruise with him until he was much older.

"Carnival can provide our guests with meals suited to the following special dietary needs: vegetarian, low-cholesterol, low-fat, low-carbohydrates, low-sugar, and gluten free. Our chefs will make every effort to fulfill your requests, and will gladly prepare freshly-made options that meet your dietary needs. Once on board, we ask you speak with the headwaiter or dining room host in advance, so they can assist in planning your daily meals in the dining room. This will allow us the necessary time to prepare foods, as requested, in a timely manner.

Gluten-free pizza dough, pasta, bread for deli sandwiches, and hamburgers buns, as well as cake are available upon request. Plus, our frozen desserts and yogurt are gluten-free. All items are freshly prepared and may take a little longer than regular menu items. Gluten-free beer, Estrella Daura, is available for your enjoyment."

"Food Allergies:

We ask that you please inform our dining team of any food allergies and special preparation you may require to accommodate your allergy. Please discuss this the first evening of your cruise. Although there are a number of options at our various restaurants, special dietary and food requests can be accommodated in our main dining rooms only.

Other Dietary Needs:

Although we do not have dietitians on board, we can offer assistance with simple requests such as the method of preparation of menu items. Diet requirements need to be arranged with the head waiter on the first night of the cruise. If dining in the Lido Restaurant, the guest should discuss requirements with senior dining staff."

Source: https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs.aspx

specialneeds@carnival.com

Hope you have a great cruise. I agree with the others that microwaves are not available.

That's because "organic" is not a dietary restriction, it is simply a preference.

Yes, I know that.

LOL - there was a thread on another forum where the woman wanted pasture raised, organic goat milk and felt that because she was in an expensive cabin, it should be provided.

Yes, I know that.

LOL - there was a thread on another forum where the woman wanted pasture raised, organic goat milk and felt that because she was in an expensive cabin, it should be provided.

Has anyone ever watch on Bravo channel, Below Deck Mediterranean, where charter guests are totally demanding bazaar things....

As other have said, contact the Special Needs department prior to sailing. They will not be able to accommodate your need for "organic;" however, they are masters at handling the gluten-free, dairy-free request. Go see the Maitre d' on the first day after you board. You will be able to pre-order your little one's meal for the evening, and then each evening you will be able to pre-order for the following day.

Question, does your 2 year old honestly only eat soup? There is a wide world of foods that they can be trying and still manage to be gluten and dairy free.

At embarkation, see the hostess in the MDR to preorder his food for the first night. Every night they will take the next day’s order.

Use Celiac, Gluten, Dairy and Allergy in the search bar. Lots of threads pop up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, “organic “ is just a preference . I’m sure he’ll find things to eat. They were just looking for a simple strategy. This is a family reunion cruise. They probably would not have done a cruise with him at this age if it weren’t for this special event. Thanks to all for your thoughts on this.

"Carnival can provide our guests with meals suited to the following special dietary needs: vegetarian, low-cholesterol, low-fat, low-carbohydrates, low-sugar, and gluten free. Our chefs will make every effort to fulfill your requests, and will gladly prepare freshly-made options that meet your dietary needs. Once on board, we ask you speak with the headwaiter or dining room host in advance, so they can assist in planning your daily meals in the dining room. This will allow us the necessary time to prepare foods, as requested, in a timely manner.

Gluten-free pizza dough, pasta, bread for deli sandwiches, and hamburgers buns, as well as cake are available upon request. Plus, our frozen desserts and yogurt are gluten-free. All items are freshly prepared and may take a little longer than regular menu items. Gluten-free beer, Estrella Daura, is available for your enjoyment."

"Food Allergies:

We ask that you please inform our dining team of any food allergies and special preparation you may require to accommodate your allergy. Please discuss this the first evening of your cruise. Although there are a number of options at our various restaurants, special dietary and food requests can be accommodated in our main dining rooms only.

Other Dietary Needs:

Although we do not have dietitians on board, we can offer assistance with simple requests such as the method of preparation of menu items. Diet requirements need to be arranged with the head waiter on the first night of the cruise. If dining in the Lido Restaurant, the guest should discuss requirements with senior dining staff."

Source: https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs.aspx

specialneeds@carnival.com

Hope you have a great cruise. I agree with the others that microwaves are not available.

Thank you.