Tropical depression Liberty of the seas sailing 6/17/18.

I don't like seeing on the weather channel the chance of a tropical depression this weekend coming up for Galveston texas since that is my cruise date:mad:. Just wondering how much of a depression it has to be for them not to sail? I really hope it doesn't become a hurricane!!!!

I don't like seeing on the weather channel the chance of a tropical depression this weekend coming up for Galveston texas since that is my cruise date:mad:. Just wondering how much of a depression it has to be for them not to sail? I really hope it doesn't become a hurricane!!!!

A week or two ago I believe Liberty stayed in Cozumel and extra 8 hours, or overnight to avoid a tropical depression that later became the first named storm of the season. You may want to start looking at NHC.NOAA.GOV - from memory.

Regarding this depression the site says chance of development in the next 5 days is low - 20%

It's expected to landfall on 6/17 Sunday father's Day. They may delay in going out on Sunday if they decide to not dock that morning and ride it out in the gulf. It's way too early to say at this point but the news is beginning to ramp up a bit here in Houston and telling all to pay attention and begin early preparations for the storm season.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

Wait. Your title says sailing 6/24, or almost two weeks from today. Very little chance it will hang around for 2 weeks, and even if it did, the track is not predictable that far out.

They're on our cruise leaving on 6/17 if i remember correctly.

Wait. Your title says sailing 6/24, or almost two weeks from today. Very little chance it will hang around for 2 weeks, and even if it did, the track is not predictable that far out.

That's weird. I never put anything on my title to say I leave on the 24th. I actually leave june 17th and come back the 24th. How do you change your title? thanks

That's weird. I never put anything on my title to say I leave on the 24th. I actually leave june 17th and come back the 24th. How do you change your title? thanks

"Tropical depression Liberty of the seas sailing 6/24/18"...that's what it said.

Request Host Bob to change the title.

Sorry my bad!!! I don't know why I Put the 24th on there. How do I have bob edit my thread title? Do I write him something? Sorry new to the board so im still learning :). Thanks

Fixed.

I recommend looking up Eric Berger with Space City Weather. He has a very honest outlook on the weather here. RC likely won’t cancel the cruise, if it looks like it will be bad then I’d make sure you are here on Saturday, before flights get canceled, and stay close to the island.

I was on Liberty when she came back on Sunday to be greeted by Harvey. My best advice is to go enjoy and have a great time. Buy trip insurance. They will not take you in and drop you off at the port if it is unsafe. I can only speak for what happens if you are on the ship. We took a detour to Miama and came back. They were very good to us on the ship.