Comparison Question

twinkle toes

They are sister ships and almost identical. The Regal has an additional small dipping pool on deck 17 aft. The Regal is also being fitted for Ocean Medallion which is just barely operational. I would choose based on the itinerary.

For the exact same itinerary, I'd go with the Regal just for the walking space on the Promenade. But we're going on the Royal next because of the itinerary--trans-Atlantic from Southampton to New York in September.

We were on the Regal this past March and have the Royal booked for next January. I'm sure we will enjoy the Royal as much as we did the Regal, though I will miss the aft pool. I like to sit back there, look out over the pool and the wake, and think about nothing! Our ship choices were strictly based on itinerary.

We were on the Regal this past March and have the Royal booked for next January. I'm sure we will enjoy the Royal as much as we did the Regal, though I will miss the aft pool. I like to sit back there, look out over the pool and the wake, and think about nothing! Our ship choices were strictly based on itinerary.

Clownfish, I have often used this phrase myself, but seeing it caused me to reflect on whether it is possible to actually think of nothing. The very act of thinking about nothing would be something, would it not? Sort of like a mindless state or a state of oblivion, I suppose. I will contemplate this while looking aft on a pooless Royal this fall.

We have never sailed either ship (yet) but I can pretty much guarantee that, itinerary and pricing being equal, we would sail Regal. My wife loves aft pools an loves to hang out there in the afternoon with a beer and a book.

If the prices and itineraries were the same I would choose the Royal over the Regal. The aft pool on the Regal is nothing like the aft pool on other ships. It is pretty much an eye sore of a wading pool. It blocks much of the view from the surrounding lounging area. The space the pool takes up would be full of people in loungers enjoying the sun and the view of the ship's wake like on the Royal. We spent two weeks on the Regal and never saw the pool used by as many people as we saw using the space for loungers on the Royal.

If you had the choice to go on the royal or the regal for your next cruise, which would you choose, and why?

I would choose the Regal since I have already been on the Royal. The two ships are twins so one holds no advantage over the other.