Oasis of the Seas.. Netflix Mega Food

Just watched. Thanks for sharing. Made me wonder if charging for room service is also about reducing room service demand to eliminate some of the complexity that room service requires behind the scenes. Looks like a much more "manual" process than other options.

just added that series to My List. As an aside, you can always ask your waiter what is cooking in the staff mess.

RCCL use to have a daily Indian curry on the menu, which they no longer do. I have found the waiter very enthusiastic about finding a curry for me on a next day basis if I ask. Sometimes my tablemates are happy to join in when we bring it up!

I checked out the episode last night, really interesting. I wonder, does Royal Caribbean still have lobster night and on what night is it?

Usually the second formal night on a 7-night Caribbean cruise.

RCCL use to have a daily Indian curry on the menu, which they no longer do. I have found the waiter very enthusiastic about finding a curry for me on a next day basis if I ask. Sometimes my tablemates are happy to join in when we bring it up!

There was some curry and other Indian stuff a couple of times at the Windjammer on our March cruise. Yummmmmmmmm. Different strokes but I prefer all the Indian I care to grab off the buffet with no waiting over dressing up and waiting for a lobster tail. They don't mention it in the show, but I also fell for the Kummelweck (roast beef) slider type sandwich at Park Café. Could have had that for lunch every day, and it was available every day.

We were so spoiled for choice on Oasis, I would think almost anyone could find cuisine and dining style they prefer, unless you are a professional, cutting edge Foodie. I wonder if people who still manage to complain are just trying to show that it is possible to exist at a higher plain of taste and class than the rest of us peasants.

There was some curry and other Indian stuff a couple of times at the Windjammer on our March cruise. Yummmmmmmmm. Different strokes but I prefer all the Indian I care to grab off the buffet with no waiting over dressing up and waiting for a lobster tail. They don't mention it in the show, but I also fell for the Kummelweck (roast beef) slider type sandwich at Park Café. Could have had that for lunch every day, and it was available every day.

Just came back from Adventure OTS today and loved the Indian options. As noted before from some others our waiter was from India so I was sure to ask him about curry options. He gave us the choice of meat or veggie curry every night and my wife and I had them a couple times. A great Korma was the other night and that was so good we found a similar recipe online to make for ourselves this week. Overall most of the food was great, though the regular roast beef (not the one quoted above) was really the only disappointment.

I watched that and it explains why the lobster tails are rubber and how in general the food has deteriorated on all lines as the ship grew in size.

I live in Maine so obviously knew the lobster was bad (rubbery, bland), but it's frozen and already cut to just tails! Didn't realize it until I watched this but I guess it makes sense. People seem to love it though. I only wish they could taste fresh Maine lobster. It'd change their life. ;p;p

I was on Anthem two weeks ago and kept seeing "Maine lobster" available for an extra (rather reasonable and under market price) charge but couldn't make myself do it. I wonder if it would've been the same as MDR lobster night or if it truly would've been A Maine lobster!

• 1 month later...
I live in Maine so obviously knew the lobster was bad (rubbery, bland), but it's frozen and already cut to just tails! Didn't realize it until I watched this but I guess it makes sense. People seem to love it though. I only wish they could taste fresh Maine lobster. It'd change their life. ;p;p

I was on Anthem two weeks ago and kept seeing "Maine lobster" available for an extra (rather reasonable and under market price) charge but couldn't make myself do it. I wonder if it would've been the same as MDR lobster night or if it truly would've been A Maine lobster!

I live in Nova Scotia and we have good lobster here too. I am always amazed by the lobster craze on cruises. I think that its as you say, the freshness and knowing how to cook it makes a huge difference in how good it is. Going on my 7th cruise soon and I still have not tried lobster on any cruise, I'll take steak please. And I LOVE lobster but getting it lfresh live and cooking myself is hard to beat and I want the entire lobster!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

I live in Nova Scotia and we have good lobster here too. I am always amazed by the lobster craze on cruises. I think that its as you say, the freshness and knowing how to cook it makes a huge difference in how good it is. Going on my 7th cruise soon and I still have not tried lobster on any cruise, I'll take steak please. And I LOVE lobster but getting it lfresh live and cooking myself is hard to beat and I want the entire lobster!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

For us inlanders we take what we can get and cruise lobster is what we can get. :D