NEW OFFER - 10% off upgrading beverage package

chamima

Did any one else get this email?

Is it legit?

If so it would help soften the blow a little for the increased price of the premium package for those who didn't upgrade before the increase in price .

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.email.celebritycruises.com%2Flib%2Ffe741570746504797615%2Fm%2F17%2F10Yr-BestPremiumCruiseLine.jpg&t=1529418170&ymreqid=3b98d2f0-610a-2ab3-013a-2c02b3010000&sig=s3ijOZC4fltfDEAtClY6xA--~C mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.email.celebritycruises.com%2Flib%2Ffe741570746504797615%2Fm%2F16%2FCelebrity_Black_Accolade.jpg&t=1529418170&ymreqid=3b98d2f0-610a-2ab3-013a-2c02b3010000&sig=Y6d_uG25GE5UdvoqmdpAXw--~C mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.email.celebritycruises.com%2Flib%2Ffe741570746504797615%2Fm%2F16%2F03_08_NAT_EM_EDGE_Villas-Phone.jpg&t=1529418170&ymreqid=3b98d2f0-610a-2ab3-013a-2c02b3010000&sig=ayIiddLzc8MGSbD1Rzx20A--~C Call Us: 1-888-752-7762 or contact your travel agent mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.email.celebritycruises.com%2Flib%2Ffe741570746504797615%2Fm%2F18%2FMartiniDay-600x800NOCTA.jpg&t=1529418170&ymreqid=3b98d2f0-610a-2ab3-013a-2c02b3010000&sig=NPTZoczO9huy.jBWuvH6oA--~C To book this exclusive offer—not available online—call

1-888-752-7762

and mention promo code 3055.

I haven't received anything yet....I wonder if this is only for certain sailings, and if you can use your OBC on your account.

You have absolutely NOTHING to lose by calling that number and trying.

(That's the reason I put it on here)

The interesting thing is that we upgraded all of our packages already (thanks to the info on this board :D ) just before the change so this offer doesn't affect me - not sure why I got it.

And to the person who asked about the OBC - we used OBC to upgrade - so, yes you can.

I just found out that the answer is no. After seeing these posts I went to my cruise planner to try to upgrade. Sure enough, the promotion was there on the website, but it wouldn't let me add the promotion to the cart. It said to call the customer service number. I did, and they said that it does not apply if you received the classic package as a promotion. I said that they should explain that on the website so I don't have to waste my time. They didn't seem to care.

This is my first Celebrity cruise. So far, the customer services is abominable. The website is the worst I have experienced. It locks you out all the time, and makes it extremely difficult to book reservations for a big group (we are a group of 15). I just hope the experience gets better once we get on board.

I just found out that the answer is no. After seeing these posts I went to my cruise planner to try to upgrade. Sure enough, the promotion was there on the website, but it wouldn't let me add the promotion to the cart. It said to call the customer service number. I did, and they said that it does not apply if you received the classic package as a promotion. I said that they should explain that on the website so I don't have to waste my time. They didn't seem to care.

This is my first Celebrity cruise. So far, the customer services is abominable. The website is the worst I have experienced. It locks you out all the time, and makes it extremely difficult to book reservations for a big group (we are a group of 15). I just hope the experience gets better once we get on board.

I agree that Celebrity IT leaves a lot to be desired. The ad did say not available on line, but it should have also said not combinable with perk packages. We’ve been on a dozen Celebrity cruises and the on board product has been great. Hope you and your group have a great cruise!

Please rest assured that the experience you’ve had on the phone and website are in NO WAY representative of what your experience will be once onboard!!! We’ve experienced all the website frustrations as well...but we’ve sailed Celebrity over 30 times with several future bookings. (Albeit according to the Celebrity website I don’t have any future bookings...[emoji12])

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought it might be applicable to 'full' package purchases, most of the specials do apply only in that situation.

Sorry about your CS experience, yet mine is quite different than yours, as I have found everyone to have been polite and quite helpful even when a response is not to my liking or desired.

As I have posted elsewhere here on CC, our experience with the website has not been bad in the least bit. In fact, on our next sailing on Edge we are going with 20 others and no one has had an issue with the website.

In fact, the group only expects me to communicate with them when reservations or changes need to be made and not me to do it for them, which makes it real easy. There is no way 20 of us will be able to dine together in any of the MDR's on Edge, I tell them the choices and the times others want to dine so they can make their reservations accordingly. Once aboard, I will have a spread sheet to give the Maitre d' to insure each of our dining wants are met, including special dietary requirements.

For one person to try and do it all for everyone in a group of ten (10) plus, well it can become a 2nd job unless it is one job to do this, as in getting paid to do it. Being one of the most experienced X passenger in the group, the group knows that I Am available to answer any question they may have about being on X and what to expect and do. In fact there are four (4) of us who step into this role..

Once you board your ship, all will be well...

bon voyage

Not true! I just was able to upgrade by calling my Travel Agency and they called the phone number above and the code and I received the 10% discount to upgrade from classic to premium. It was one of my perks! Good luck.

I was able to upgrade to the Premium Alcohol package from my perk of the classic alcohol package using this promotional offer - this was for an 11 night cruise in November. It did take some time as the person at Celebrity that I spoke with was not familiar with the offer and the code given on the email does not work, however, she was able to find it and we did complete the upgrade. If you have OBC, you could use it for the cost of the upgrade. Not a tremendous savings but it helped a bit.

I did not receive the email but logged on to Celebrity’s website where it shows an option “Promo CALL Upgrade to PALL ($12.60)”

I can only assume that “PALL” means the Premium alcohol package. We received the classic package as a perk, but the acronym has me a bit confused.

Should we do this ourselves or go through the travel agent who booked us on the cruise?

Edited by landlocked12
correction

I did not receive the email but logged on to Celebrity’s website where it shows an option “Promo CALL Upgrade to PALL ($12.60)”

I can only assume that “PALL” means the Premium alcohol package. We received the classic package as a perk, but the acronym has me a bit confused.

Should we do this ourselves or go through the travel agent who booked us on the cruise?

PAL or PALL is the code for the zpremium Beverafe package. The code for the Classic package is CAL or occasionally CALL.

10% off isn't that good of a deal and would pass unless you really plan to drink all those items on the nicer drink menu.

We received offers for 20% off somewhere between 1 and 2 months prior to sailing, so that may yet appear.

You can also upgrade on the ship. And if you don't choose to upgrade until say day 5 of a 10 day cruise, you'll only be charged for the remaining days.

You can also just pay the difference between the drink prices.

So you really need to drink at least 3 - 6 premium drinks a day for the upgrade to be worthwhile.

'Course this is only logic speaking.

You have absolutely NOTHING to lose by calling that number and trying.

(That's the reason I put it on here)

The interesting thing is that we upgraded all of our packages already (thanks to the info on this board :D ) just before the change so this offer doesn't affect me - not sure why I got it.

And to the person who asked about the OBC - we used OBC to upgrade - so, yes you can.

Thanks for posting! I was able to take advantage of the offer, and yes I could use my OBC!

Sent from my iPad using Forums