Self-service laundry available on the Epic?

Chiquita7

There is no self service laundry on any NCL ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, and that is unfortunate on longer cruises, you either have to pack a lot or break down and pay NCL's outrageous charges for laundry service. I often wonder how people traveling with kids manage with this.

I'm on a 9 day cruise with a pre and post cruise hotel stay and wondering how much to pack.

Correct, and that is unfortunate on longer cruises, you either have to pack a lot or break down and pay NCL's outrageous charges for laundry service. I often wonder how people traveling with kids manage with this.

I'm on a 9 day cruise with a pre and post cruise hotel stay and wondering how much to pack.

Somewhere during the cruise there will be a laundry special $19>95 or so to "Fill A Bag". If you roll clothes tightly, you caan get a lot in the bag.

Somewhere during the cruise there will be a laundry special $19>95 or so to "Fill A Bag". If you roll clothes tightly, you caan get a lot in the bag.

Thanks! That is I assume one bag per cabin and not per person?

No Laundry rooms on any NCL ship but if you are needing to iron, you can request an iron and ironing board from your stateroom steward or by calling guest services.
Never knew that, that's the beauty of this forum! Thanks

We always use the Fill a Bag Days, for underwear,Pjs. and other clothing sturdy enough to withstand a rigorous wash & dry.

The items come back within 2 days nicely folded in a basket. I wash delicate items in the sink, and hang them to dry on the line in our shower.

I think that the longer cruises such as our 14 day in October, receive 2 bargain bag days. Free for me, since I am a platinum.

Thanks! That is I assume one bag per cabin and not per person?

I was just on the Epic. I called Housekeeping and asked the same question. They told me one bag per stateroom. I had two bags of laundry, so I stuffed the most items I could in one bag and put the $19.99 paper with that one and put the itemized slip with the other bag. When I checked my bill on the TV, I saw they charged me 19.99 each for both! That was a pleasant surprise! The itemized bag came close to $40! I wouldn't count on that pricing, but every now and then you get lucky!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Just got off the epic on Saturday and confirm what others have stated. No self service laundry (we’ve only found that on Disney) and $20 bag midway through 7 day cruise. I sure wish there was a laundromat! 

15 minutes ago, Abm234b said:

Just got off the epic on Saturday and confirm what others have stated. No self service laundry (we’ve only found that on Disney) and $20 bag midway through 7 day cruise. I sure wish there was a laundromat! 

And I'm so glad there aren't any laundromats; who wants to spent valuable vacay time doing laundry? I'm Platinum and love that I get a free bag on my cruise whenever I need it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

And I'm so glad there aren't any laundromats; who wants to spent valuable vacay time doing laundry? I'm Platinum and love that I get a free bag on my cruise whenever I need it. 

Confused as to why you're glad there's no laundromats..... just because you prefer not to do laundry doesn't mean others wouldn't like that option.   It's like saying you'd be happy if they banned internet access because your personal belief is people should be disconnected while on vacation.   So if there was a laundromat, are you that weak you couldn't say no to doing laundry?

Last May we sailed the Epic after 3 days pre-cruise in Rome, and another 7 days post-cruise planned for Venice & Florence. The 3 of us stuffed everything we could into that 19.95 bag and it worked out great. Considering doing it again on our upcoming January 11 day cruise to cut down on how much stuff to bring.

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

Last May we sailed the Epic after 3 days pre-cruise in Rome, and another 7 days post-cruise planned for Venice & Florence. The 3 of us stuffed everything we could into that 19.95 bag and it worked out great. Considering doing it again on our upcoming January 11 day cruise to cut down on how much stuff to bring.

I loved your review and your description convinced us to book the excursion Pisa and a Taste of Tuscany, thank you, I am truly looking forward to it.

Do you happen to remember what day they offered laundry service?  Because we're doing 3-pre-days in Rome as well and want to pack light-ish.  I am curious whats considered mid-week for a multi-port boarding cruise. You may have mentioned in your review which day it was, if so just tell me to go back and look, lol

Edited by Sunkissed Mommy

2 hours ago, Abm234b said:

An FYI- both Princess and Cunard offer self-serve laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards.

Carnival may also offer these facilities as well,not certain as we have not sailed on a Carnival ship.

As to doing laundry on a cruise, we have found the laundry rooms on Cunard while on an east bound TA to be a great help.

We have fresh clothes when we get off the ship in Southampton to wear while visiting London or touring Britain.

19 hours ago, esm54687 said:

Tip: ask your steward for a pillow case and then use it to line the inside of the paper laundry bag..... you can pack much more laundry because the pillow case won't rip like the paper bag 

I've taken duct tape along to reinforce the bag. They don't care if the bag is ripping or overflowing.