Lost our connecting rooms on Harmony

We sail on HOS next month and the trip was booked over a year ago by my inlaws for their 50th anniversary. His TA told him yesterday that they were informed our booked connecting room doors have been removed and no longer connect. It is me and my wife in 1 room and in the connecting room it was our 2 sons (3 and 9) and our 14 year old nephew. I don't know if the TA is trying to work on it but wondering peoples thoughts or experiences with this happening and any suggestions you may have. I think the 2 older kids would be ok in a non connecting room but not sure of the little guy. I guess we can flip the room assignments as it seems like the kids room has the sleeper sofa and he can sleep with us but not very happy right now.

Why ? Nothing changed in your occupancy for either cabin did it ? Of course your TA should be working on this....not acceptable at all to change your connecting cabins.

We sail on HOS next month and the trip was booked over a year ago by my inlaws for their 50th anniversary. His TA told him yesterday that they were informed our booked connecting room doors have been removed and no longer connect. It is me and my wife in 1 room and in the connecting room it was our 2 sons (3 and 9) and our 14 year old nephew. I don't know if the TA is trying to work on it but wondering peoples thoughts or experiences with this happening and any suggestions you may have. I think the 2 older kids would be ok in a non connecting room but not sure of the little guy. I guess we can flip the room assignments as it seems like the kids room has the sleeper sofa and he can sleep with us but not very happy right now.

I’m confused. Did they move one of your staterooms? If not, then more likely either the rooms were mislabeled by Royal as connecting or your TA screwed up. I can’t see why (or how) Royal would “remove” a door to make the rooms no longer connect.

I’m confused. Did they move one of your staterooms? If not, then more likely either the rooms were mislabeled by Royal as connecting or your TA screwed up. I can’t see why (or how) Royal would “remove” a door to make the rooms no longer connect.

I don't know why they would remove one either but on the harmony room layout key it does show as connecting 12670 & 12672

Where is the other stateroom now? Sounds like the TA messed up. I would call RCCL directly even though you booked with a TA and explain your issue. Also I though that minors can't be in a Stateroom by themselves unless its connecting.

I don't know why they would remove one either but on the harmony room layout key it does show as connecting 12670 & 12672

I’m looking directly at Royal Caribbean’s website and these cabins do not connect. It is possible they used to and no longer do, but it’s odd.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/harmony-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1819/12

I’m looking directly at Royal Caribbean’s website and these cabins do not connect. It is possible they used to and no longer do, but it’s odd.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/harmony-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1819/12

MikeBTN, you could be on to something that at one time the Deck plan did show connecting.

Cruise Critic’s Harmony deck plan DOES show 12670 & 12672 staterooms as connecting.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/harmony-of-the-seas-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=983&deck=12

OP,

Ask TA if Royal would check with the ship, maybe latest deck plans are incorrect, and they do connect after all.

Also I though that minors can't be in a Stateroom by themselves unless its connecting.

No, minors cabin only have to be a nearby, as in adjacent, very close by or across the hall from the adults' cabin. The two cabin do not have to be connecting ones.

MikeBTN, you could be on to something that at one time the Deck plan did show connecting.

Cruise Critic’s Harmony deck plan DOES show 12670 & 12672 staterooms as connecting.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/harmony-of-the-seas-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=983&deck=12

OP,

Ask TA if Royal would check with the ship, maybe latest deck plans are incorrect, and they do connect after all.

iCruise also shows these as connecting rooms. I’ve never seen connecting rooms become non-connecting, but I suppose it COULD happen. I found this from March of 2017 showing those staterooms would at least not be connecting as of April 2018, though.....

http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/content/uploads/Harmony_Deck_Plans_Reference_Guide_2018_2019.pdf

And according to this, those rooms were not connecting last year either: http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/ship/harmony-of-the-seas/deck-plan/

OP,

Waiting for info from onboard team to confirm if it is connecting or not.

The optimist in me would say maybe there are two cabins where the occupants don't want to be in connecting rooms, and maybe willing to swap. The problem would be someone at RCI making all those all calls and finding a match.

I not familiar with arrangements for underage children, but in some cases I thought they were allowed in a cabin across the hall. (non-connecting)

I agree with Biker get some OBC and move on.

There is absolutely no way that previously connected cabins are now not connected. They did not magically "remove" a door.

Either the deck plans that showed them connecting when you booked are wrong, or the deck plans now showing them as not connected, are wrong.

Good idea to have someone on board check the reality of the situation.

The new deck plan is "wrong" that it's showing these unconnected....12670 & 12672 are connecting cabins according to all other deck plans...no way this particular set of cabins would have been changed. The only change that was (should have been) made on the new deck plan was the designation of making them a 5D & 6D. Someone left out the connecting cabin notation on the key.

There is absolutely no way that previously connected cabins are now not connected. They did not magically "remove" a door.

Either the deck plans that showed them connecting when you booked are wrong, or the deck plans now showing them as not connected, are wrong.

Good idea to have someone on board check the reality of the situation.

Agree. Original plans were wrong, can't remember which connecting cabins though or if were ever fixed. Can you imagine showing up kids in one you in another "Connecting" Cabin's ?

The new deck plan is "wrong" that it's showing these unconnected....12670 & 12672 are connecting cabins according to all other deck plans...no way this particular set of cabins would have been changed. The only change that was (should have been) made on the new deck plan was the designation of making them a 5D & 6D. Someone left out the connecting cabin notation on the key.

I checked the old and new deck plans on another website (can't be mentioned as it is a TA site). These two room show as non connecting on both the old and new deck plans.

I checked the old and new deck plans on another website (can't be mentioned as it is a TA site). These two room show as non connecting on both the old and new deck plans.

Well then we're looking at different plans... because my old, older & oldest ones show these as connecting cabins. The newest one doesn't. :confused::confused:

As a follow-up after talking with the TA and RC these rooms have been confirmed to not connect.They tried to find another set but nothing was available. RC has apologized and offered $175 OBC for each room.

Am I disappointed and frustrated..YES Do I wish that something would magically appear....YES Could RC do more...MAYBE Am I going to get over this...YES

I guess the one last decision is if my wife and I should move to the room for 3 people and put our 3.5 year old there and leave the 9 and 14 year old next door or just leave it the way it is. I know it really will come down to our comfort and preference but wanted to update everyone.

As a follow-up after talking with the TA and RC these rooms have been confirmed to not connect.They tried to find another set but nothing was available. RC has apologized and offered $175 OBC for each room.

Am I disappointed and frustrated..YES Do I wish that something would magically appear....YES Could RC do more...MAYBE Am I going to get over this...YES

I guess the one last decision is if my wife and I should move to the room for 3 people and put our 3.5 year old there and leave the 9 and 14 year old next door or just leave it the way it is. I know it really will come down to our comfort and preference but wanted to update everyone.

Your cabin steward should be able to make a bed for your little one to sleep on the sofa even though your cabin doesn't have a sofabed. The steward should also be able to open the balcony divider so that the cabins are at least connecting that way. Talk to the steward when you board.

I might have counter offered for more, but $350 covers most of your gratuity, so that’s not awful.

After boarding go to guest services and ask for extra keys to both rooms. Your key will only operate your stateroom. Also you cannot swap your rooms on the reservation - one of the names from the original booking must remain. It really doesn’t matter where you sleep, you “own” both rooms, so the extra keys will get you what you need. But if it were my wife we would be sleeping with the 3.5 year old.

I feel so bad for you and how confusing this became....Apparently all the other Oasis class ships these rooms are connecting but I guess not on Harmony...I guess we shouldn't be surprised as there are other things we found on HOTS that weren't what we were expecting after sailing Oasis...Sometimes RCI can't leave well enough alone.

The others above have posted some good recommendations how to handle things once onboard...have a wonderful cruise...you certainly deserve it after a bit of stress.

Your cabin steward should be able to make a bed for your little one to sleep on the sofa even though your cabin doesn't have a sofabed. The steward should also be able to open the balcony divider so that the cabins are at least connecting that way. Talk to the steward when you board.

Given your info and that they say there are connecting rooms available but it does not have a sleeper sofa I asked if we can be put into these rooms and just have our little one on the couch. They said no as it exceeds the occupancy for that specific room. Anyone think there is a person who can actually override this given our situation or is useless to continue to try?