Deck 10, 11 or 12 Norwegian Escape

Jacaluke

I didn't look at the deck plans, but they should be pretty much the same. Without knowing any details I would select deck 11, because it is between two other decks of cabins, which will help minimize outside noise.

I've always read the higher the deck, the more you feel the movement of the ship. So I always tend to choose a lower deck, provided the room isn't located directly above a noisy area.

They all have only cabins below and above, so there won't be any direct noise from venues on any of those decks. We just got off last week and had an AFT facing balcony on 12 and we were able to hear the music from H2O since it is an outside venue, so that's something to consider location wise (aft/mid/front). I would look at the specifics of the individual cabins to compare the balcony sizes. Depending on where you are they are sized differently.

Last year we were in room 11274. There was no noise. We were right by the elevators and never had any issues with noise. I could hear the sail away party but it was faint. We had an angled balcony and I loved it so much we're doing it again this fall just a different deck

We are midship - Cabin No. 12214. There are mini-suites available on Deck 10 for another $300/cabin - is it worth it? Otherwise we might just stay where we are.

The only difference between a Balcony Cabin and a Mini Suite is the bathroom, bigger shower and double sink.

We decide whether we want to be near the Waterfront on 8 or the pool area and cafe on 15. I like to do stairs so a deck or two up from either is OK with me. Our favorite location on that ship class is close to the waterfront area so we would choose 10. All that being said, we got a great deal on a cabin on deck 14 on our cruise tomorrow. Should be interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They all have only cabins below and above, so there won't be any direct noise from venues on any of those decks. We just got off last week and had an AFT facing balcony on 12 and we were able to hear the music from H2O since it is an outside venue, so that's something to consider location wise (aft/mid/front). I would look at the specifics of the individual cabins to compare the balcony sizes. Depending on where you are they are sized differently.

I guess I'm different from most and always took the Aft-Facing cabin below H20.

We are usually there at night when it closes or if going to bed earlier, we sit out on the balcony for awhile before hitting the sack and look at the stars. In fact, the engine props in the back create a sound like a waterfall and makes it easy to fall asleep.;)

Don:cool: