Thoughts on harvest Caye ? How do we get to beach??

Nolewis3

There is a long covered walkway when you get off the ship that will take you right to the entrance. It's a short walk to the beach. They also have shuttles you can take.

There are many loungers at the beach and by the pool but you need to get there early.

Also, you can check out many Youtube videos of the property.

Short walk. Look for turtles in the bay as you walk in. Pool was busy, but we found seats pretty easy. Beach was not busy and had lots of room the more you moved down the beach. Water is not amazing, we spent 80 % of our time at the pool. Some one also brought beach balls to the pool. We had a group of about 50 playing keep the ball in the air. It ended up being quite fun. Also we may have filled a large yeti water container with a beverage from this ship and brought it on shore... May have :)

Are there good shade options around the pool and on the beach?

There are plenty of covered loungers but if you want one first row at the pool you need to get there early.

We have really enjoyed our three visits to HC....even the time it rained:cool:

Are there good shade options around the pool and on the beach?

There are plenty of umbrellas and trees that provide shade, but definitely walk off the ship early if shade is important to you - I'd recommend within the first hour, so you can have your pick of spots. If you want to look at the pool AND have shade, walk off ASAP.

Not true, no one asks questions are asked.

Well i am not totally handicapped but walking its difficult and we tried using the shuttle and was told it was for handicap only. I wasn’t going to argue so we walked it.

The distance is not a short walk for someone with difficulties/

Guess it depends on who is running g the show that day as to if anyone can use the shuttle.

Well i am not totally handicapped but walking its difficult and we tried using the shuttle and was told it was for handicap only. I wasn’t going to argue so we walked it.

Guess it depends on who is running g the show that day as to if anyone can use the shuttle.

That's completely ridiculous. Often you CANNOT tell by looking at a person if they have a disability. Additionally, it is extremely inappropriate to ask a person what their disability might be. Get on the shuttle and dare someone to throw you off. They won't.

It must have changed since I was there in August.

You're right, it's a long walk for someone with mobility issues. The shuttle they had was a open air tram type vehicle with enough seating for probably 20 or so people. There were families on it.

I can't imagine there would be that many handicapped people getting off the ship every time they came around and would deny anyone wanting to hop on and just ride past with a few people on it. That would be crazy.