Route of the Vikings Live on Board

galeforce9

Galeforce I love everything about your pictures posted at 6.41 today. Can't decide if I prefer the wave in the Irish Sea or the food plates ;p .

Watch out for those cinders on the train!

PS pity about the weather but at least it's giving people a taste of our crazy climate.

I once went to the Isle of Man to research the background of Bounty mutineer Fletcher Christian. It rained the entire time I was there and I'm not surprised it's still raining. Isle of Manky I call it.

We had several childhood holidays in the Isle of Man. Sulby Glen and Balaugh as I remember it. There was an RAF bombing range offshore at the north of the island and we would sit on the beach watching the V Bombers coming overhead.

The centre of the Isle of Man is very scenic. That is a port where I would be tempted to rent a car.

The rental agencies were all based at the airport which is a pain from Douglas. As it turns out, with the weather as it is, I think it’s saved us some money!

Yeah, I can see that. We used to put the car on the boat in Ardrossan so never needed to rent. That, of course, was several million years ago. :D

Again very much enjoying your pics. Sorry about your turn in weather - they could sure use some of that rain at the British Open.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think they've got it. Very wet-looking on the lunchtime news.

...at the British Open.Sent from my iPad using Forums

What, lovely Chairsin, is the “British Open”? There is The Open, first played in Prestwick, Scotland in 1860, then copied by The US Open, which first teed off in 1895. Rather akin to the US’s use of the nomenclature “British English” to define a language we have been speaking for somewhere in excess of a thousand years - well before your country was even discovered, let alone in possession of any form of English!;p;p;p

What, lovely Chairsin, is the “British Open”? There is The Open, first played in Prestwick, Scotland in 1860, then copied by The US Open, which first teed off in 1895. Rather akin to the US’s use of the nomenclature “British English” to define a language we have been speaking for somewhere in excess of a thousand years - well before your country was even discovered, let alone in possession of any form of English!;p;p;p

My first ever girlfriend lived in Prestwick .........

Just sayin .... :D

Well that's disappointing. Suddenly I can't see any of the photos that have been posted to this thread. Have cleared my cache, am not aware that any settings have changed since earlier today when I could see them all.

It’s odd. The way that I upload them seems to have changed during the day and I don’t know why. Can you see the earlier ones?

No, I can't see any of them.

I've tried a different browser too and still don't see them. I wonder if it's a temporary CC glitch?

I'm using a Mac primarily Safari and switched to Chrome to check.