Diamond Plus BOGO Speciality Restaurants Question

I recall Royal is letting Diamond Plus use the BOGO perk the first two nights. We've only used this perk one night.

Can we use the BOGO the first night of the cruise as my husband's perk and the second night use mine?

Also, is it best to book one of us in the specialty restaurant the first two nights prior to cruise online or do so once on board?

TIA

I recall Royal is letting Diamond Plus use the BOGO perk the first two nights. We've only used this perk one night.

Can we use the BOGO the first night of the cruise as my husband's perk and the second night use mine?

Also, is it best to book one of us in the specialty restaurant the first two nights prior to cruise online or do so once on board?

TIA

Yes, the perk officially can be used on the first two nights. I'd book one pre-cruise each night to get the times you want.

Yes, the perk officially can be used on the first two nights. I'd book one pre-cruise each night to get the times you want.

Thanks, Bob. Will book one of us each night.

How do I take advantage of BOGO? Do I just make a dinner reservation and show my sea pass when we get there? We’re cruising with another couple who are diamond. Im guessing they just have to pay full price.

We usually just book FIrst Night Done Right but it’s not available on 3 of our next 4 cruises.

How do I take advantage of BOGO? Do I just make a dinner reservation and show my sea pass when we get there? We’re cruising with another couple who are diamond. Im guessing they just have to pay full price.

We usually just book FIrst Night Done Right but it’s not available on 3 of our next 4 cruises.

When it comes time to pay, tell the waiter you want to use your BOGO coupon.

If you book precruise you will be charged full amount on your credit card. You will have to tell your server you want to use your BOGO and it will be adjusted to a credit on your account.

If you book precruise you will be charged full amount on your credit card. You will have to tell your server you want to use your BOGO and it will be adjusted to a credit on your account.

Only prebook for one and then 2 turn up. I usually swing past during the day and tell them there will be 2.

However on ALL of my recent cruises (at least the past 7-8) I have had such an issue with BOGO.

Even when I tell them before hand that I have prepaid for one, there will be 2 of us and I will be using my BOGO for the 2nd person, they seem to have no record that I have prepaid on line, they present me with a full bill for 2 people, it then turns into an argument...... unnecessary and ruins what should be a nice evening utilising the benefits of having cruised so frequently to reach D+.

Only prebook for one and then 2 turn up. I usually swing past during the day and tell them there will be 2.

However on ALL of my recent cruises (at least the past 7-8) I have had such an issue with BOGO.

Even when I tell them before hand that I have prepaid for one, there will be 2 of us and I will be using my BOGO for the 2nd person, they seem to have no record that I have prepaid on line, they present me with a full bill for 2 people, it then turns into an argument...... unnecessary and ruins what should be a nice evening utilising the benefits of having cruised so frequently to reach D+.

We have also had problems doing it that way recently, never used to be that way. And the last time I got a discounted rate on the first person's meal and was told that I had to pay full price for the first meal if using the BOGO.

TIA

Hi, I have seen BOGO special for first two nights for AU$55. Is this the same deal? I am only a diamond member not a diamond plus member. Do you recommend it? Can you choose which restaurant and can you choose to do same one twice? Also can you choose the time for your reservation?

Hi, I have seen BOGO special for first two nights for AU$55. Is this the same deal? I am only a diamond member not a diamond plus member. Do you recommend it? Can you choose which restaurant and can you choose to do same one twice? Also can you choose the time for your reservation?

The BOGO that shows up in your cruise planner is for every level and is slightly different than the D+ BOGO. With the cruise planner BOGO, you have to eat two dinners. With the D+ BOGO, you can treat another to a free dinner.

We have also had problems doing it that way recently, never used to be that way. And the last time I got a discounted rate on the first person's meal and was told that I had to pay full price for the first meal if using the BOGO.

Interesting... I’ve never bothered booking for one person pre-cruise. Seemed like an unnecessary step, yours and little Britain’s report confirms That I think. I just go up to one of the Venues when I get on the ship and never been told No, I can’t dine.

Also keep in mind that many (if not all) cases the BOGO available to all Cruisers advertised in the cruise planner is LESS expensive than the D+ “benefit”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting... I’ve never bothered booking for one person pre-cruise. Seemed like an unnecessary step, yours and little Britain’s report confirms That I think. I just go up to one of the Venues when I get on the ship and never been told No, I can’t dine.

We're the same. We never pre-book but just go to the desk once we board and book for that night. Also on some cruises (not all - and typically on longer cruises) we have asked and been able to use our BOGO on nights other than the first two nights as long as we pay within the first two days

Also keep in mind that many (if not all) cases the BOGO available to all Cruisers advertised in the cruise planner is LESS expensive than the D+ “benefit”

Curious about the above comment. If it's BOGO how can one way be more expensive??

Curious about the above comment. If it's BOGO how can one way be more expensive??

Like this:

Pre-cruise on cruise planner offer is $40 per person for BOGO to everybody, even first time Cruiser, so works out to $20 per person

Each night.

If you’d rather use the D+ BOGO, and Chops is magically $35 + 18% on board then, well.... you can do the math. If only one D+ from your couple, you lose. If you’re both D+ as a couple, you approximately break even with the first time cruiser... not much of a “benefit”.

And the worse is when you base your cruise-planner BOGO vs. D+ BOGO decision based on the pre-cruise planner pricing, but as was the case for Jewel last fall and Brilliance just now both Chops and Giovanni’s were approx $10 more on board compared to pre-cruise, so with the 18% added even a worse deal for the D+ benefit.

In the end on this last sailing, specialty was reduced by 30% for everyone by mid cruise (they weren’t filling seats) and chefs table was 40% off .... to everybody, didn’t matter if you were pinnacle or first time cruiser.

Could it be that the problem is when someone tries to "double dip"?.

Precruise they book a meal for one at chops with the 30% discount offered in the emails we get. Then show up at Chops on the first night expecting to get that price and a free second meal for your mate.

I have booked online and paid in advance for one (at full price) several times at both Giovanni's and Chops without any problems. I do let the waiter know what is going on, bill is zero when leaving.

Like this:

Pre-cruise on cruise planner offer is $40 per person for BOGO to everybody, even first time Cruiser, so works out to $20 per person

Each night.

If you’d rather use the D+ BOGO, and Chops is magically $35 + 18% on board then, well.... you can do the math. If only one D+ from your couple, you lose. If you’re both D+ as a couple, you approximately break even with the first time cruiser... not much of a “benefit”.

Agree - $41.30 iirc for Chops on AD using coupon. Also my server pushed hard for an extra tip which I gave. It was so awkward.

Memory a bit fuzzy cause at first they charged me tax (since we were still in port in San Juan?) and double charged the tip so I had to go to GS and get it straightened out. And the service wasn't that great.

I didn't do specialty dining again it was all too exhausting.

Like this:

And the worse is when you base your cruise-planner BOGO vs. D+ BOGO decision based on the pre-cruise planner pricing, but as was the case for Jewel last fall and Brilliance just now both Chops and Giovanni’s were approx $10 more on board compared to pre-cruise, so with the 18% added even a worse deal for the D+ benefit.

In the end on this last sailing, specialty was reduced by 30% for everyone by mid cruise (they weren’t filling seats) and chefs table was 40% off .... to everybody, didn’t matter if you were pinnacle or first time cruiser.

Wow, I didn't realise this. Thanks for the heads up :)