What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

18 hours ago, xcell said:

You can just use your old boarding passes to get in and they will take care of the rest if you win your bid.

Congrats -- they took the cruise off of NCL site, so I guess all rooms have now been assigned.

Congrats -- they took the cruise off of NCL site, so I guess all rooms have now been assigned.

May be just an ordinary maintenance down-time - the OOPS 404 page can't be found - on Vacation

Abandon Hope all ye who bid beyond this point - not really !

NCL may have shut the system down while playing musical cabin assignments -

Awarding the suites and Havens upgrades while making room for the bids for the Balconies Spas

Mini-Suites.

Any PROCESSING or WAIT FOR THE EMAIL still going on ?

Has the site come back online and have you noticed any changes - checked your email ?

3 minutes ago, pete_coach said:

Where is this upgrade website some of you are mentioning??

You can't get to it directly. You have to receive the correct URL for your specific reservation, which should be sent to you via email around 80 before your sailing. You should also be able to access it via My NCL at that point by clicking on the big "Let's Get You Upgraded" banner that should appear when you first click into your trip. It should also be in your Messages area in My NCL.

Just now, pete_coach said:

Where is this upgrade website some of you are mentioning??

When you book your cruise, usually around the 80 day mark, NCL will send you an email invitation to bid for upgrades. 

Some TAs do not subscribe to the "bidding" process, so some people will not be eligible to bid.

And to summarize the post, usually you will find out if you are successful in the bids a week up to 2 days before the cruise sailing. Your status will say processing, then you are charged on your cc that you entered for the bidding and your upgraded (for a cost). If you are not successful, they will also let you know.

What I don't get that maybe JamieLogical could answer is if the rooms are N/A for 3- and 4- persons, but are available for 2- persons, does that mean cabins for 3- and 4- persons will more likely not get an upgrade (even though the rooms available for 2- persons say that it can accomodate 4?).

12 minutes ago, xcell said:

What I don't get that maybe JamieLogical could answer is if the rooms are N/A for 3- and 4- persons, but are available for 2- persons, does that mean cabins for 3- and 4- persons will more likely not get an upgrade (even though the rooms available for 2- persons say that it can accomodate 4?).

I've wondered about this too as in the case of a Haven upgrade NCL stands to save a little money by giving priority to 2 person bookings over parties of 3 or 4 so as to not have to extend the perks to passengers that are by design not paying for the upgrade. Keeping the Haven population lower results in less work for the staff and fewer meals served in the Haven restaurant. Just a theory. 

16 minutes ago, xcell said:

I also think it has to do with numbers.  Specifically the lifeboats.  They can't sell all the cabins at capacity.  But I do agree, that when upgrading to the Haven it makes more sense money-wise to upgrade two people instead of four,

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, megaphone84 said:

I've wondered about this too as in the case of a Haven upgrade NCL stands to save a little money by giving priority to 2 person bookings over parties of 3 or 4 so as to not have to extend the perks to passengers that are by design not paying for the upgrade. Keeping the Haven population lower results in less work for the staff and fewer meals served in the Haven restaurant. Just a theory. 

Yeah, that makes sense.  I guess if the 3- and 4- are not being offered, the cruise is at it's capacity for family those size, otherwise, it would make sense to offer the Haven rooms to still be booked (directly, not bid) for that size.

So I wonder then, how many 3-, and 4- persons cabins get upgraded to Haven on holiday sailings (spring break, summer vacation,  etc...).  

But what a waste of a H4 cabin for only 2 people -- that second bedroom is gone to waste...LOL... in case any NCL admins are reading this...LOL...

19 minutes ago, xcell said:

Yeah, that makes sense.  I guess if the 3- and 4- are not being offered, the cruise is at it's capacity for family those size, otherwise, it would make sense to offer the Haven rooms to still be booked (directly, not bid) for that size.

So I wonder then, how many 3-, and 4- persons cabins get upgraded to Haven on holiday sailings (spring break, summer vacation,  etc...).  

But what a waste of a H4 cabin for only 2 people -- that second bedroom is gone to waste...LOL... in case any NCL admins are reading this...LOL...

This is caused by the shp’s capacity and lifeboat places. There are 1200 kids on the sailing for the Escape 12/28 sailing. You can only book 2 people in any cabin on the ship now. Some have been able to dry-book it and it looks as if you may book 3+. I was told by 3 different NCL phone agents that, “Due to the number of kids on the ship you may only book 2 people per cabin”.......

Ncl website is really weird.

I was doing a mock booking and ended up with the following for 4- persons  8 BA, 4 BB, 5 B6, 1 H7 and then at the end, everything went N/A.

1200 Kids? WOW that's more than the Dec 21 cruise, where my friend got the email stating there were going to be 1100 kids.

Any way, I can only hope and dream....thanks for all the responses.

On 12/13/2018 at 10:47 AM, CruisinHarvey said:

this weeks meet and greet update update. Let me know if I need to correct anything, or add someone.

Cruise Critic ID

First names & # attending

Home City

Cruisinharvey

Kerry and Kim  2

Cincinnati, OH

Kismet618

Jack and Sherri 2

Long Island, NY

Grovez23

Alan and Donna 2

MA

Cghno1

Carol 1

Riverside, CA

dehile24

Larry and Denise 2

Indiana

Splat Inc

George 1

Carolina’s

DebbieKO

Debbie 1

San Clemente, CA

Beckia

Becky 1

Atlanta, GA

mariefiveoh

Marie  Tambra 2

Kentucky

Tlm48

Pete and Tracie 2

Ontario Canada

???

John and Katie 2

Buffalo, NY

Gojirart

Gwenda and Mark 2

Waukesha, WI

FB

Audrey and Tim 2

Pataskala Ohio

NM Cruiser

Eric 1

Albuquerque, NM

callie1958

Cecile and Ernie 2

Connecticut

DrJohn

John and Kathy -2

Vero Beach, FL

Donna and Alan 2

Man UTD

Nigel, mike, Caroline and Breanna 4

Victoria, BC, Canada 

nblchrst

Christopher 1

Hadley, PA

Total Attendees 34

Kerry

Please add Kip, Dawn, Melanie and Olivia - Minneapolis, MN  Shadyfish59

39 minutes ago, xcell said:

Does any one have experience with 3- persons, and 4-persons cabins being not available and still being successful in bidding?

Yes. For a week or 2 there was no 3 persons available when i did a mock booking, but if i changed to 2 ppl the rooms would show available again. I did get an upgrade approved from a balcony to an H7 after this happened so don't give up hope just yet 😉  

Thanks, StormiB -- when I do a mock booking it doesn't allow me to book anything for 3- or 4- persons. Then when I select 2- persons, all the rooms open up, and I then change it to 4- persons and the same rooms are available.

NCL is toying with me.

Did you have 3 or 4 people in your room???

13 minutes ago, xcell said:

Thanks, StormiB -- when I do a mock booking it doesn't allow me to book anything for 3- or 4- persons. Then when I select 2- persons, all the rooms open up, and I then change it to 4- persons and the same rooms are available.

NCL is toying with me.

Did you have 3 or 4 people in your room???

1 hour ago, Ronin23 said:

I am now around 36 hours out from my cruise and still no notification if my bid was successful or unsuccessful. Is this normal?

Would not be normal - BUT ?

Did your credit card get charged for the upgrade ?

Have you checked your email and spam files ?

Have you gone back to the NCL website and checked your Edocs ?

Nothing there ?

No changes ?

It would appear that your bids were unsuccessful and NCL did not let you know that that is the case.

3 hours ago, Ronin23 said:

I am now around 36 hours out from my cruise and still no notification if my bid was successful or unsuccessful. Is this normal?

We leave on a Friday too and mine are all pending. I’ve lost hope but they don’t say cancelled, sooo?  

I know that others got upgraded yesterday.