Hygiene

FangedRose

I do use the sanitiser, but it's totally useless against norovirus because it's only anti-bac and not anti-virus.

The Purell hand sanitisers have been anti-viral for a few years now as well as anti-bacterial.

I've just come back from the Lakes to this thread; it's absolutely hilarious! It's something I've never considered on a cruise as I've slept naked since I was 14. Does that mean the steward shouldn't make my bed?

I've just come back from the Lakes to this thread; it's absolutely hilarious! It's something I've never considered on a cruise as I've slept naked since I was 14. Does that mean the steward shouldn't make my bed?

That will be ok as long as you promise not to perspire but whatever you do don't get in a drawer or cupboard :')

Edited by Strawberry field
Spelling

Hi...this is a very amusing but pointless thread but a question for those in "the know". How long do these pesky pests lurk in drawers and cupboards ? If one is very anxious about these lurkers in drawers why consider putting it in the drawer in the first place ? Oops.. .that is two questions 😉

Hmm, so if I wear a pair of short in the morning and then decide to go ashore in a pair of trousers, I should then not wear the shorts again or put them in the drawer? Give me a break! I wear shorts and trousers for days, and hang them up when I am not wearing them. No wonder people need 4 suitcases each. I take one!!

Hmm, so if I wear a pair of short in the morning and then decide to go ashore in a pair of trousers, I should then not wear the shorts again or put them in the drawer? Give me a break! I wear shorts and trousers for days, and hang them up when I am not wearing them. No wonder people need 4 suitcases each. I take one!!

Once an item of clothing has been worn, apart from when trying on etc, never should be put back into cupboards or wardrobes where clean, unworn clothes are. Ne'er the twain shall meet.

Worn, but too clean for laundry, clothes are left out on a chair or other suitable place, to be worn next time. I too take one case, plus a little one for disembarkation day.

I too am of age...before anti bacterial information was available or even heard of.. how on earth I have managed to get to this age without any knowledge of A B gels and so forth goodness knows. As regards my grandparents I can assure you that they weren't forever washing/changing their clothes...they didn't have that many to do that and even if they had to be continually washing/drying them would have been a full time job....unfortunately washer/dryers hadn't been discovered then ...dolly tubs and mangles were the order of the day. ..miraculously they lived until their eighties without new fangled ideas.😨

Janny, I'm not sure how i''m still alive and healthy?!! of course I put clothes that I have worn once back in the wardrobe. I still work, so I haven't got time for all this washing and ironing! God I must be covered in bacteria? Perhaps it the good bacteria and that's why I'm healthy, slim, working and enjoying life at 71. My mother certainly didn't wash clothes after she had worn them once either.

I have a colleague who is bacteria-phobic. She is always ill with something and a nervous wreck. !

I too am of age...before anti bacterial information was available or even heard of.. how on earth I have managed to get to this age without any knowledge of A B gels and so forth goodness knows. As regards my grandparents I can assure you that they weren't forever washing/changing their clothes...they didn't have that many to do that and even if they had to be continually washing/drying them would have been a full time job....unfortunately washer/dryers hadn't been discovered then ...dolly tubs and mangles were the order of the day. ..miraculously they lived until their eighties without new fangled ideas.😨

My mother only washed once a week. One set of clothes lasted a week. Before deodorants we must of all stunk. :eek:Not acceptable today. (Mind you the smell was masked by the odour of fags). However, when clothes were washed they were virtually boiled in very very hot water with caustic smelling soap. Modern day fabrics wouldn't last one wash.

Janny, I'm not sure how i''m still alive and healthy?!! of course I put clothes that I have worn once back in the wardrobe. I still work, so I haven't got time for all this washing and ironing! God I must be covered in bacteria? Perhaps it the good bacteria and that's why I'm healthy, slim, working and enjoying life at 71. My mother certainly didn't wash clothes after she had worn them once either.

I have a colleague who is bacteria-phobic. She is always ill with something and a nervous wreck. ![/quote

Hi Jean...your last point touches on a more serious note of all this "obsession" with continually washing and changing clothes every time they have been worn. They are attributing the steep rise in allergies...some quite serious...to being " too clean" Also it is being thought that possibly the rise in children's cancers could be linked too. As I said this " overly clean" generation could have a very serious side to it.

Janny, you said exactly what I said in earlier post of mine. This obsession with anti this and that is actually killing people. Kids don't go out to play these days. I was never home! I remember my friend in Canada had her first child and another friend came to visit. The friend said "don't you worry about him crawling about outside?" My friend said " I stopped worrying when I found him sucking the loo brush!"

Some comments are pretty funny . British humor , perhaps ? Anyway , I found some underwear in a drawer , once. So , the drawer had not been cleaned evidently. Obsessive behavior is no laughing matter. I don’t put stuff in drawers , though. It is just a preference. Happy Independence Day to US !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some comments are pretty funny . British humor , perhaps ? Anyway , I found some underwear in a drawer , once. So , the drawer had not been cleaned evidently. Obsessive behavior is no laughing matter. I don’t put stuff in drawers , though. It is just a preference. Happy Independence Day to US !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You've missed the most important detail, the topic of the thread. Was the underwear clean?😨

I have a superb flexible storage system for clothes, both clean and dirty, the bedroom floor!

ps - don't wash yourself all over with anti bacterial soap, it kills off the good bacteria too. Best to just use plain water, or mud is good then rinse in water. You will pong for a time and then the pong will die away. Your good bacteria have asserted themselves and you are just smelling like a human being should smell

Worn, but too clean for laundry, clothes are left out on a chair or other suitable place, to be worn next time

But then you have a messy room and one that is not easy to keep clean;p

my son sticks all his once worn clothes in the wash, I do the sniff test and a lot of it goes back in the wardrobe. He showers, puts on a fresh tee shirt and sits in his room for a couple of hours, you can't tell me that needs a wash! And anyway since I'm doing the work I will decide what needs me to wash and iron it. We both work in a hospital and come into contact with viruses all the time, I can't remember the last time I had to have any time off sick. You'd be surprised at some peoples habits, I could write a book:eek: