The Sanctuary on Emerald Princess or any others

Moxiefurball

can someone tell me about their experience on The Sanctuary?

On our med cruise next June we only have one sea day and thought this sounded great . Does it have its own pool ?

We were on the Ruby in March 2018 and spent one morning at The Sanctuary. We loved it!! We were able to choose our lounger, and then we could come and go as we pleased (altho we pretty much just stayed!). There were attendants to bring you water and/or other food and beverages. There was the Lotus Spa Pool just down a few steps from the Sanctuary.

Silly question...but, what exactly is The Sanctuary? I know I have to pay extra to use it during the Glacier Bay Day on our Alaskan cruise, but, other than that, what is it? How much is it during a normal day? Thanks.

Silly question...but, what exactly is The Sanctuary? I know I have to pay extra to use it during the Glacier Bay Day on our Alaskan cruise, but, other than that, what is it? How much is it during a normal day? Thanks.

It is a lounging area that is located on a forward upper deck on most ships, with comfy lounge chairs and some special service. You reserve your chair by visiting the Sanctuary as soon as you board. You can reserve half days am or pm or all full days of the cruise. Cost is $20/half day, $40/full day. $30/full day if reserved for all days of the cruise, both sea and port days. It is normally in high demand on tropical cruises. Personally I don't see much of a benefit for an Alaska cruise.

https://www.princess.com/cruise-tips-vacation-ideas/video/onboard-experience/sanctuary.html

can someone tell me about their experience on The Sanctuary?

On our med cruise next June we only have one sea day and thought this sounded great . Does it have its own pool ?

None of them have there own pools.

Incorrect. The Coral has one that’s exclusive to the Sanctuary. I think the Sea Princess does, too.

Sun and Sea Princess have pools - if you can call them that. About 10 inches deep. You can get wet all over in them if you're determined but realistically they are only suitable for cooling your feet.

Sun and Sea Princess have pools - if you can call them that. About 10 inches deep. You can get wet all over in them if you're determined but realistically they are only suitable for cooling your feet.

Only 10 inches deep??? I was on the Coral in Jan and, while small, the pool is about 5 feet deep. It's great for cooling off. Perhaps you're confusing the shallow entry to the pool with the deeper section?