Reusable water bottle on and off ship

Hi,

I’ve read a few things recently about not being able to take open drinks on and off the ship.

When we go on our med cruise next month I was hoping to take a double walled reusable water bottle to decant water into to keep it colder for longer (perhaps add ice too). Also I would prefer to take one larger bottle for the family instead of everyone having to carry a small one.

Is this allowed?

Sorry if it’s a stupid question but I don’t want to waste money to not be able to use something!

Hi,

I’ve read a few things recently about not being able to take open drinks on and off the ship.

When we go on our med cruise next month I was hoping to take a double walled reusable water bottle to decant water into to keep it colder for longer (perhaps add ice too). Also I would prefer to take one larger bottle for the family instead of everyone having to carry a small one.

Is this allowed?

Sorry if it’s a stupid question but I don’t want to waste money to not be able to use something!

Good Question. I look forward to hearing the reply. I use my water bottle on board all the time, it keeps even ice for 24 hrs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

You will definitely be able to take water OFF the ship. They will make you empty the container before re-boarding, since they think you'll try to smuggle booze on the ship, and cut into their profit.

You can use your water bottle around the ship and carry off the ship. When filling you are requested to use a glass to fill, and not put the bottle to the sprocket for sanitary reasons.

Bottle needs to be empty to bring on board. Too many people smuggling alcohol.

I always pack our thermos bottles to take on our cruises. If you are packing it in your suitcase, take the top off. The first time I packed my bottle in my suitcase I had the top attached and they held my suitcase until I came looking for it. I had to show that the bottle was empty.

Hi,

Is this allowed?

put in you pack and don't worry about it. Too much drama here

Agreed you should be completely fine taking it off, although a slight chance of them making you dump it on reboarding.

However, I've never had an issue initially boarding or reboarding at a port with water in a water bottle. However, I'm guessing that may be at least in part as it was only 1 bottle, and most of the cruises we've been on aren't the type that I'd expect them to be doing extra screening for alcohol (not during spring break, and older demographic, like Alaska and pacific coastal).

They even seemed rather lax with obvious alcohol, when we boarded with wine, and reboarded with multiple bottles we bought to take home and expected to give up for them to deliver later. They would only direct us to a table ahead, not ensure that we actually went there. Then at the table they would only ask to see the alcohol, and didn't check that we showed it all (boarding with wine) or gave it all up (reboarding with lots of bottles).

Side note: The collecting of alcohol upon reboarding was actually quite convenient, as we didn't have to lug it up to our room when we were already worn out, and didn't have to store it. Last cruise we bought alcohol at multiple ports, plus duty free sales, and it all showed up late afternoon on the day before disembarkation, at the same time right when we had started packing already.

When filling you are requested to use a glass to fill, and not put the bottle to the sprocket for sanitary reasons.

Why is it whenever someone asks this type of question, some busy-body always feels the need to give instructions on how to fill a water bottle?

They think everyone except themselve is a small child...

Why is it whenever someone asks this type of question, some busy-body always feels the need to give instructions on how to fill a water bottle?

Maybe because there are plenty of people who are clueless in this regard.

Sadly, I have seen people take a pitcher and put the "snout"insidethe neck of their water bottle to fill it...to put the water bottle around the water spigot to fill it. In both cases I was told to mind my own business when I asked them to use a glass.

No, I dont think everyone besides me is a child, but I do think there are not some nice people around.

• 2 weeks later...

You are kidding, right? How many people are totally oblivious to keeping others safe? Putting your bottle up to that water is like coating it with all kinds of bacteria, just like when you see so many refill a dirty glass!!

You are kidding, right? How many people are totally oblivious to keeping others safe? Putting your bottle up to that water is like coating it with all kinds of bacteria, just like when you see so many refill a dirty glass!!

Way too many "germaphobics" on this site.

The bacteria won't hurt you.

People need toughen up and to build up some immunity...

Way too many "germaphobics" on this site.

The bacteria won't hurt you.

People need toughen up and to build up some immunity...

lol either you are trolling or you really have no clue about how easily disease spreads. It’s not just your family and friends, like a group of 10 or 20, we’re talking swapping spit with 100’s. Not a germaphobe, once something starts on a cruise ship it spreads like fire and you won’t find out until too late.

Back on topic, have never had an issue taking water off the ship. Most times am asked to empty the bottle coming back.