Sink heights and drink packages

TeamA

We booked a sky suite and the only two left were handicapped accessible.

Just how much lower are the sinks? My husband is 6’6” so obviously not desirable.

Any chance of getting a switch into a regular one?

Also, I booked online and was told it would include the premium beverage package. I don’t see it listed anywhere on my booking.

Is that something I need to worry about and take action now?

We had problems when we were put in a Handicap Suite. I am 5’8” and my husband is 6’1”. It was problematic. Don’t remember the sinks as we are used to them being low. The shower had no lip so any lengthy shower results in a very wet bathroom. I had to use the spa shower to wash my hair. The clothes racks were about 20 inches shorter than normal. This works for shirts and slacks but no so good for dresses. Hope you are successful in getting switched to a regular suite.

Have to admit I'm 5'10" and have no problems with the accessible suite we were assigned as a GTY on Summit. Yes the shower leaks, just place an extra towel at the base of the door. The stateroom attendants are used to this and will provide a clean dry one every time they service the room.

Agree with wrk2cruise the water from the shower only gets all over if the ship is rocking, building a small dam with towels solves the problem. We have higher than standard counters in our homes didn’t find the sink to be a problem .

We loved the extra space; celebrated DHs bday and had 5 couples join us for drinks in the Suite it would have been very cramped in a regular SS. The extra space was great for doing yoga in the suite.

We were assigned a accessible Sky Suite by the upgrade fairy. But if there were only 2 Sky Suites left when you booked and you could book an accessible cabin I would say that the likelyhood of changing is slim.

I need an accessible cabin. Ask your room steward to set up a dam around the shower using rolled up pool towels. I’ve found this works very well in soaking up water and preventing water from spreading out into the rest of the bathroom. The sink is regular height but with no cabinetry below to allow for a wheelchair.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I need an accessible cabin. Ask your room steward to set up a dam around the shower using rolled up pool towels. I’ve found this works very well in soaking up water and preventing water from spreading out into the rest of the bathroom. The sink is regular height but with no cabinetry below to allow for a wheelchair.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much!

When I booked my first (and only) upcoming Sky Suite all 4 perks were included. They were all listed, with the prices, and each one was minused out for the same amount but with an odd code.

Can you please tell me where on the website you saw this?

Thanks

We had problems when we were put in a Handicap Suite. I am 5’8” and my husband is 6’1”. It was problematic. Don’t remember the sinks as we are used to them being low. The shower had no lip so any lengthy shower results in a very wet bathroom. I had to use the spa shower to wash my hair. The clothes racks were about 20 inches shorter than normal. This works for shirts and slacks but no so good for dresses. Hope you are successful in getting switched to a regular suite.

Thanks for the reply!

Also the closet bar might be lower and not the same as the regular sky suite. I actually had a handicapped sky suite on the summit many years ago and found the room set up different with the exception of a low roll in bathroom sink and a flood in the bathroom until I folded a towel dam was a problem.- You will have plenty of room however.

Can you please tell me where on the website you saw this?

Thanks

Your first post asked about your booking, and that was what I was referring to - the booking confirmation that they e-mail you. Third section down, it says Booking Charges - Currency:USD and there is listed Cruise Fare, Vacation Protection Plan, every perk, with a dollar amount then the same dollar amount minused out.

On the website it was the "deal" when I booked the suite ("All Suites come with Go Best, all 4 perks" or some wording like that).

Also, IMO the greatest suite perks are dining in Luminae and access to Michael's club which helps to really make your vacation great. So worth it!! Also keep checking the cabin availability by doing a mock booking. Sometimes at the last minute another sky suite could open up and you can switch. Check often.