Connecting Cabins on the Edge - Lots of Interesting Options

vtcruising

I was researching connecting cabins since my cabins on my Edge cruises are all connected to another cabin. The Edge has many connecting cabin options, including friends or family booking a suite with a non-suite connected to the suite and receiving access to the Retreat. Here is some of the info from the Edge FAQs and press releases:

"In addition to the new stateroom classes, a new feature available on Celebrity Edge makes it even easier for families and friends to get together and get away. Celebrity continues to offer adjoining staterooms that allow two rooms of the same category to open to each other for a larger vacation space: Two Edge Staterooms with Infinite Verandas become one, two inside staterooms become one.

But, as with everything else on Celebrity Edge, the brand took that idea one step further and created more than 174 connecting stateroom options. Of these 174 possible connections, many of them offer new and different combinations that create incredible new vacation spaces."

Suite Options:

"For instance, the connection of a new Iconic Suite paired with a Royal Suite creates a stateroom space for up to 10 guests, or a Sky Suite paired with an inside stateroom that more than comfortably accommodates up to six guests.

Celebrity will also extend the exclusive Suite Class amenities and services to guests in a non-suite stateroom when paired with a suite. Everyone in suite-paired accommodations has access to the Suite Class private dining, exclusive lounge, personal butler, and all other special Suite Class perks."

I'm not sure about the butler service in the non-suite cabin as the following was also in the literature:

"61. HALF OUR PARTY IS IN A SUITE, THE REST IS CONNECTED TO OUR NON-SUITE STATEROOM.

• Any non-suite connecting to a suite will receive access to The Retreat, but with no other suite amenities, including butler service.

62. WILL THEY ALSO HAVE TO PAY SUITE TIER GRATUITIES OR THE STANDARD RATE OF THEIR ACTUAL ROOM SINCE THEY ARE RECEIVING THESE EXTRA SERVICES?

• Only when staying in a Celebrity Family Suite or Sky Family Suite do guests have to pay for suite amenities

63. WILL THIS EXTENDED AMENITY OF SUITES TO CONNECTED NON-SUITE ROOMS BE AVAILABLE

FLEET WIDE OR ONLY ON EDGE?

• Only available on Edge.

64. THE WEB SITE SAYS FAMILY SUITES ARE AVAILABLE ON SELECT SAILINGS. HOW WILL WE KNOW WHICH SAILINGS?

The Celebrity Family Suites (2 pairs CS- C2) and Sky Family Suites (6 pairs SV + S1) are only available during Christmas and New Year’s Eve sailings. The brochure will identify that the rooms can convert to family suites.

To book, you must to call Reservations as these suites will be held back. Note if they do not sell we will recategorize to the original categories.

57. WILL THE CONNECTED STATEROOMS FEATURE THE SAME SETUP DESIGN OF ONE DOOR BETWEEN BOTH STATEROOMS, SIMILAR TO CELEBRITY SILHOUETTE AND CELEBRITY REFLECTION?

• There are 174 rooms that can be connected by a vestibule or a door.

134 connecting, and 40 vestibules."

Interestingly, most are true connecting cabins so will have a connecting door inside the cabins. 40 of them will have vestibules to connect the cabins. I have attached this cabin info sheet that reveals some of the connected cabins that have vestibules (such as S3's connected to an inside cabin by vestibule and the Sky Family Suite with connected aft S1 and SV's, though they mistakenly call them S2's, but there are no S2's next to SV's). That adds up to 24 of the 40 vestibule-connected cabins. There are several connecting cabins by doorways and the Celebrity Family Suite- a CS and a C2 are also connected by a door.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/Celebrity_Edge_Stateroom_Internal_Categories.pdf

Shows the Sky Family Suites (on Thanksgiving and Christmas cruises), with vestibule connection (such as 11268 and 11270).

enhance

This shows the S3's with 2 with vestibules (such as 11166 and 11168) and 2 connected with inside doors (such as 11158 and 11160).

enhance

There are also some accessible connected cabins so that those with mobility issues can connect 2 cabins when sailing with family and friends.

I hope that the cabins with connecting doors will not be noisy. It seems hard to design a connecting door that keeps the neighbor's noise down when you don't want to be connected with them. :D

There are some nice options for traveling with family and friends on the Edge. I would think it would be a popular option to travel with friends in a suite and connecting non-suite to get suite benefits for all for less cost (and maybe switch it up for who gets the suite bedroom on the next cruise to make it fair). Hmmm, not a bad idea - I feel another cruise booking coming on.... ;)

Edited by vtcruising

I, for one, am very excited about these options. I have a very goofy configuration on Millie next year to account for my kids and let me be in a Suite. I hope they expand them beyond the holidays. I want to spoil my kids... but not too much!

That concept of suite connections was one of the reasons we moved from the Sunset Veranda with connection to a corner suite to one of the middle Sunset Verandas with no connection. If a family needed the connecting cabin we might have been bumped...not sure X would do that but we avoided the issue.

Over school holidays, the numbers in Luminae and the Retreat will increase...not sure by how many...But this is a great concept for family cruising. DH wants to try a suite on EDGE class...might be great time to invite our dtr, son in law and grand baby. All can enjoy suite areas and easy for us to babysit..and for a few yrs they are not tied to school vacation schedules!

Trying to figure out which suite staterooms ( on side opposite the Magic Carpet.)..are the least costly that connect to a stateroom. Any suggestions?

Edited by hcat

That concept of suite connections was one of the reasons we moved from the Sunset Veranda with connection to a corner suite to one of the middle Sunset Verandas with no connection. If a family needed the connecting cabin we might have been bumped...not sure X would do that but we avoided the issue.

Over school holidays, the numbers in Luminae and the Retreat will increase...not sure by how many...But this is a great concept for family cruising. DH wants to try a suite on EDGE class...might be great time to invite our dtr, son in law and grand baby. All can enjoy suite areas and easy for us to babysit..and for a few yrs they are not tied to school vacation schedules!

Trying to figure out which suite staterooms ( on side opposite the Magic Carpet.)..are the least costly that connect to a stateroom. Any suggestions?

That’s so exciting! What a great family vacation. Of course, we would go for an aft S1 and SV, preferably on 11 or 10. You would have the vestibule connection, but you may want the door connection. The nice thing about the vestibule with kids is that vestibule can be used for a little more space when the hallway door is closed (at least it was that way on the Reflection and Eclipse). In less than 5 months we should start getting some info coming back to make a better decision. :D

I agree that the connecting cabins is a great option but unsure what it will do to the Retreat population. I’m not going to worry about it - there are many places to spread in the Retreat and the whole ship will be a playground. :D

I, for one, am very excited about these options. I have a very goofy configuration on Millie next year to account for my kids and let me be in a Suite. I hope they expand them beyond the holidays. I want to spoil my kids... but not too much!

It sounds like you can get the suite Retreat year round if connected to a suite, just not butler and suite amenities in the non-suite cabin. Being able to go to the Retreat would be the main benefit that would be important to me. I guess the kids wouldn’t get a butler or Bulgari so wouldn’t be completely spoiled. 😃

"For instance, the connection of a new Iconic Suite paired with a Royal Suite creates a stateroom space for up to 10 guests, or a Sky Suite paired with an inside stateroom that more than comfortably accommodates up to six guests."

I think pairing the Iconic Suite with a Royal Suite is pure decadence! I would love to invite my entire family and do this someday!

"For instance, the connection of a new Iconic Suite paired with a Royal Suite creates a stateroom space for up to 10 guests, or a Sky Suite paired with an inside stateroom that more than comfortably accommodates up to six guests."

I think pairing the Iconic Suite with a Royal Suite is pure decadence! I would love to invite my entire family and do this someday!

What a wonderful dream! I am buying some lottery tickets tonight! [emoji6]

Looking to be adopted for sailing in Iconic purposes! LOL

bon voyage

If I win the lottery, we would love to adopt you and then you can plan all the family cruises!

PS: hope you like cold and snow!

Edited by vtcruising

Lottery is our only chance for the Iconic suite!

But I do like the idea of a Sunset Corner suite coupled with Sunset View Balc next door .going to be quite popular!

If adjoining cabins to suites get the Retreat access, will they also get Luminae? Does Luminae have a children's menu?

Lottery is our only chance for the Iconic suite!

But I do like the idea of a Sunset Corner suite coupled with Sunset View Balc next door .going to be quite popular!

If adjoining cabins to suites get the Retreat access, will they also get Luminae? Does Luminae have a children's menu?

I read the wording very carefully and I would say yes to Luminae. The way it was worded was access to The Retreat and previously they described The Retreat as the Retreat sundeck, Retreat Lounge and Luminae at the Retreat. Just an educated guess, but hopefully all included.

I think Luminae has a children’s menu, but not absolutely sure. It doesn’t really matter there because you pretty much can get what you want (may need to ask ahead for some things). They aim to please! 😃

Ok, so I have a question...

We have cabins 7152 and 7154 booked. They are ‘connecting’ cabins, but show that the connection is near the balcony. Based upon what I’ve read about the location of the bed, then it appears that the door will be at the end of the bed right before the balcony. Am I reading this right??

Guess I’ll have to post pictures once we get there, huh??

imagejpeg

Well, guess i have no idea how to include a picture.....so I have ot have it as an attachment...rats!

31E4539E-7F42-489A-AE17-5667286CCB17.jpeg.644c8957813fc06c8ae2aba1d4e9c176.jpeg

Edited by CaroleSS

Ok, so I have a question...

We have cabins 7152 and 7154 booked. They are ‘connecting’ cabins, but show that the connection is near the balcony. Based upon what I’ve read about the location of the bed, then it appears that the door will be at the end of the bed right before the balcony. Am I reading this right??

Guess I’ll have to post pictures once we get there, huh??

imagejpeg

Well, guess i have no idea how to include a picture.....so I have ot have it as an attachment...rats!

Interesting - I hadn't thought that the location of the door symbol on the deck plan would be where it was in real life, but I think maybe you are right. It looks like the starboard side connecting doors may be by the balcony and the port side by the entry door. It doesn't make sense to me, but it's late and I'm tired... :D

The bed in 7154 would be opposite the connecting door - the cabins are a bit bigger so maybe there is plenty of room. It probably opens into 7152 where the door is in front of the couch, which will be narrower than the bed.

Be sure to post pictures when you sail so we can see what it looks like! We will have the new Edge Class cabin spreadsheet up and running by the first cruise. :D

enhance

If I win the lottery, we would love to adopt you and then you can plan all the family cruises!��

PS: hope you like cold and snow!

LOL, where do I sign???

I love the snow and cold...

bon voyage

They are continuing the vestibule set up for some connecting cabins. It makes you wonder why they did the vestibules on the first four S class ships and not the Reflection.

Actually there are some vestibules on the Reflection, though they do not show up on the deck plans.

On deck 12 aft, the corner S1's and the adjacent S2's are located inside a vestibule that has a large door which when closed becomes a private area for the two suites. The door is unlocked by the key cards for those 2 suites. We have sailed in these S2's many times.

Actually there are some vestibules on the Reflection, though they do not show up on the deck plans.

On deck 12 aft, the corner S1's and the adjacent S2's are located inside a vestibule that has a large door which when closed becomes a private area for the two suites. The door is unlocked by the key cards for those 2 suites. We have sailed in these S2's many times.

Yes, we had a huge vestibule on the Reflection shared with the cabin next door. We were in an S1 (1214) and a C1 (1216) was next to us. When the hallway door was closed, it is like having an additional room, especially if you had both cabins.

enhance

• 4 months later...

I believe from pics and videos I've seen, that they connect in that little hallway outside of the cabin.  Those inside cabins are square and from the diagrams/pics on Celebrity's website, look to actually seem roomier than the usual rectanglular shape inside.

I saw a similar configuration up one deck. It was an alcove connecting the suite and inside. I don’t think it would be different than other cabins next to each other. The doors are about 10 ft apart, I would guess. Yours would be the first door on left and the suite’s further down straight ahead. Congrats for getting a cabin on the Apex!!

• 11 months later...