River cruises

lyntony

There are several well known companies with good reputations for river cruises. Princess is not one of them. Thus, I wouldn't expect a lot of help from a Princess group.

As others have said, figure out what part of the world you want to do, and research from there.

You probably better off to go here

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=191

Theo

Excellent recommendation.

OP - go to the River Cruises Board and check out the stickies at the top of thread list, especially New to River Cruising? Start Here and What to Expect on a River Cruise. You can post your inquiry there too but give more info on your budget, interests, river(s) you want to cruise, etc. There is a very friendly group of posters on that board and I'm sure you'll get some helpful responses.

You may have some issues trying to get a cabin in September/October of this year. Remember the ships are much, much smaller than ocean cruise ships and they tend to sell out months in advance on some itineraries. I can give you a personal recommendation for Uniworld which we've cruised on 3 times (Budapest to Amsterdam, the Seine, and the Rhone).

I agree with others. You should consult with the River Cruise forum as stated above.

Also, you stated September/October 2018 time line for a River Cruise. You did not state which cruise line -- Viking, AMA, Avalon,etc. It's highly unlikely you will find anything available in 60+ days. Even if you find something the prices will be high and stateroom selection limited. River cruises book up very fast. How about looking at 2019?

The River Cruise forum will provided a more robust functionality for your questions, comments and/or suggestions.

John