Will RCCL give extra key for kids room?

We are cruising on the adventure of the seas. My kids are staying in the room next to ours not connecting. Will the cruise ship give us a extra key so we can access there room? Does anyone know?

Make this request once onboard at Guest Services..they'll be no problem.

We get extra keys all the time. What we do is put the extra key for the kids room in the slot on the back of our door that hold the do not disturb / please make up room keys. We leave a key for our room on the back of the kids door.

This way we always know where the extra JP key is and we don’t have to carry it with us.

Yes they will if you ask at guest services. Our 6 year old daughter wanted her own sea pass card on a lanyard (to be like us...lol) and when we took her to Adventure Ocean in the evenings we felt better that she had it in addition to her bracelet. I believe there was no way to purchase anything on it, it was basically just a room key that had her name on it and looked similar to ours

Yes they will if you ask at guest services. Our 6 year old daughter wanted her own sea pass card on a lanyard (to be like us...lol) and when we took her to Adventure Ocean in the evenings we felt better that she had it in addition to her bracelet. I believe there was no way to purchase anything on it, it was basically just a room key that had her name on it and looked similar to ours

Did your 6YO not get her own seapass card at check in? I thought everyone regardless of age got one as you need that to get on and off the ship.

Did your 6YO not get her own seapass card at check in? I thought everyone regardless of age got one as you need that to get on and off the ship.

Yes, she did but we kept it with us so it didn't get lost. She just wanted an extra to carry around with her to be like us.

We get extra keys all the time. What we do is put the extra key for the kids room in the slot on the back of our door that hold the do not disturb / please make up room keys. We leave a key for our room on the back of the kids door.

This way we always know where the extra JP key is and we don’t have to carry it with us.

Great idea!

We recently made the mistake of not getting an extra key for our teenage kids’ room in a regular hotel. They are very sound sleepers and we could not wake them with texts or phone calls or knocking on the door. We didn’t want to be rude to other guests by pounding and yelling through the door. Of course we finally woke them up, but have learned to now always get a key to their room along with the key they have to our room.

We get extra keys all the time. What we do is put the extra key for the kids room in the slot on the back of our door that hold the do not disturb / please make up room keys. We leave a key for our room on the back of the kids door. .

I never give the kids a key to our room.

They have to knock...

We just did this last week. I had to book my husband and I apart as the kids were not next door, and we were not sure if our oldest was coming or not. As soon as we got on board, we went to guest services to try to switch keys. Since we were not in international waters yet, they couldn't switch the rooms, but said they could just give us extra keys. So one daughter had keys to our room, and we had the key to theirs. We had never had that before and it was really great! Since there were 3 girls in one room, they would sometimes come and use our shower.

I'm assuming the answer here is 'no', but figured I'd ask. If on a ship that offers WOW bands, is there any way to program the bands to open the kids' door as well as your own? Or, if you choose to get the WOW band, the extra key card would still have to be carried?

I'm assuming the answer here is 'no', but figured I'd ask. If on a ship that offers WOW bands, is there any way to program the bands to open the kids' door as well as your own? Or, if you choose to get the WOW band, the extra key card would still have to be carried?
Wow bands can only be programmed for one room, same for seapass which is why the extra key is needed.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I seem to remember Anthem cruisers reporting being turned down for extra keys - maybe that went away.

I remember those complaints about Anthem but haven’t heard any in a while. When they first started weren’t they giving out the WOW bands free to all rooms? That may have been when those observations were from.

IWhen they first started weren’t they giving out the WOW bands free to all rooms? That may have been when those observations were from.

I seem to remember only Quantum and maybe early sailings of Anthem having free WOW bands - the difficulty getting extra cards seems to be more recent than that, but you're right, have not heard any recently.