What food venues are open during embarkation? (Equinox)

GetMeToTheSpa

No, Blu is not open for lunch upon embarkation, or any other day for that matter. Strictly breakfast and dinner, except for a private function. The Mast Grill ,Aqua Spa Cafe and Sushi on Five are other options on embarkation day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unfortunately, Blu is never open for lunch! No charge options other than the buffet are the aqua spa cafe and mast grill (burgers, hot dogs)

Sushi on 5 is a la carte pricing but you can usually get 30% off the first day.

OP is in Aqua. You can go to the Spa Cafe which has small plates laid out and some are quite tasty. You serve yourself to as many as you want.As you mentioned, there is the crowded buffet, but you could take what you choose back to your room and eat on your balcony. You can also get a hamburger at the Pool Grill. I believe Sushi on 5 is also open but there is a charge to eat there.

We are in Aqua and wondered if we could visit Blu for lunch or some other place besides the buffet?

We just got off the Equinox 2 days ago and the following were open for lunch:

Oceanview Cafe (Deck 14) 11:30am

AquaSpa Cafe (Deck 12) noon

Mast Grill (Deck 14) 11:30am

Gelateria Italian Gelato (Deck 5) 11:30am

Sushi on Five (charges apply; Deck 5) 11:30am

If you want to wait until a little later the GastroBar Gourmet Pub Food (Deck 4) opened at 4pm.

On another note, nearly all the bars were open when they let people board (Cafe al Bacio, Destinations Bar, GastroBar, Ensemble Lounge, Martini Bar, Mast Bar, Oceanview Bar, Passport Bar, Pool Bar and Sunset Bar).

Neither of us are big sushi people, but my husband insists on a sit-down lunch to avoid the crowds and have waiter service, so we head to Sushi on 5. It's also a way of trying out the cocktails/beer/sake that are unique to that location, and just have a chill vibe for the start of the cruise.

I think last time we spent about $35 for the two of us (we had the premium beverage package) and it was well worth it.