Entourage Teen Club 17 year old turning 18 on cruise

AMWH

Does anyone know how strict they are about this or if they are even conscious of someone turning 18 on the ship? My teenager enjoys Entourage and is wondering if she will be kicked out for the last few days once she turns 18 or if she will be able to slide through since she starts the cruise at 17 and presumably will have a "17 year old" bracelet/keycard. Thanks for any insight!

You register the first day and that is the age you are for the cruise as far as the kid’s clubs go. I have heard of some parents getting their kids into the next age group up when the birthday occurs on the ship, but that is from the beginning of the cruise. But that is an exception. They do not boot kids from one group to another mid cruise because of a birthday, and therefore, would not boot them out of entourage either and leave them clubless. But if they are 18 when they board for the 1st time, they would not allow them to age down. This goes for all age groups.

We were on the Epic with my teenage son this past Feb. He made a bunch of new friends and one happened to turn 18 over the cruise. I remember my son mentioning to me that the boy was no longer allowed in the club and he was upset as it didn't seem fair. My son and his other friends made an effort to include this boy by spending time with him outside of Entourage. A lot of times the teenagers will connect at Entourage and then go off and do their own thing. Hopefully your daughter will be able to stay in the club and if she can't then maybe she will already have friends that will make accommodations to include her like my son did with his friend.

Okay but what some people think will happen and what will happen is often very different. When you board that minor’s card have a clipped corner. They show this card when they enter entourage to register and for the first day or so... after that, if they are regulars, the staff knows them and the minor is not asked for their card again. I know this from very recent experience a week ago on the Spirit. We registered my teen into entourage, and did the paperwork, chatted with the teen counselor (there were 2 on the Spirit for the 11 days) and the main one remembered my DD from the Escape! After day 2 they were only checking cards for clipped corners for the kids they did not recognize. Entourage is different from Splash Academy... the teens come and go constantly, they do not check them in and out, as the lounge is mostly a meeting place. If the almost 18 year old in question does not go down and get an unclipped card on their birthday, and/or is a regular and never asked to show their card, they will continue to use entourage for the duration of their cruise with no issues. I would be willing to bet on it.