Any thoughts on what the next offer will be?

gordylad

So the current offer ends 31st July. Wonder whats next.

Any thoughts....any inside info?

I'm not sure but I'm hoping for something decent. I've been looking a couple of cruises in early November and the prices are really high and there are plenty of empty cabins. I'm hoping for some decent price drops as we pass final payment and the addition of a good promotion would be great. Otherwise, Im staying home.

There are two offers. One is called Seven Seas Sale booking between 8-1-2018 and 9-5-2018. Book an oceanview or higher stateroom, first two guests get to pick one perk (classic drinks, wifi, tips or 150 pp on board credit), 50% off cruise fares for additional passengers in the room(but not on aqua class as it only holds two), $200 off per stateroom for oceanview or veranda, $300 total off per stateroom for concierge or aqua class, and suites get $400 off per stateroom, all 4 perks with premium beverage package and 50% off cruise fares for extra guests in the cabin. Single occupancy bookings are eligible for the offer.

It excludes Galapagos, transatlantics, transpacific, and repositioning cruises, and the cruise must be 4 nights or longer.

The second offer is for Celebrity Equinox Summer 2019 Nonrefundable Savings for new bookings. No perks , nonrefundable deposit with 30% savings on ocean view and above, for select 7 night sailings between 6-1-2019 -9-6-2019 and open to book between 8-1-2018 and 9-5-2018. 50% savings on extra passengers in a cabin. The offer is not combinable with go big,better,best, exciting deals, senior, loyalty, resident rates, etc. The 30% discount is shown on the checkout page

Love cruising, cruise often and have nothing against the cruise industry but only in "cruise-speak" is hiking the price of a cabin to include the cost of "free" perks considered a sale or special promotion. In any other industry it would be considered a questionable marketing technique. It seems like there's a new sale or promo being offered just about every week - by Celebrity and its competition. Sales and promos may get new names and the offerings may differ one to the other slightly but with few exceptions, when everything is on sale all the time, nothing is ever really on sale at all. Wish the industry would go back to the old pricing formula - high season, low season, add $100 for holiday sailings. JMHO.

Edited by lysolqn

Def nothing new. I've been watching a Aus/NZ cruise for Dec 2019 which is included in the Seven Seas promo...it's the exact same price with one perk as it was yesterday before this latest promo!

Was hoping for a sale on dining packages...would like to book one for my upcoming Reflection in Jan...might have to just bite the bullet and book and hope for a sale before we sail.

The cruise I have been checking went up $200 pp although the guarantee (no perks) stayed the same for an AQ2. There are 24 cabins open and the cruise leaves on August 19. Go figure.

The Equinox leaves on August 11, ten days from today and a popular web site shows 127 balconys still available. It’s been on the x-citing deals for the past 5-6 weeks for $749 p.p. any balcony, with no perks. I couldn’t access the u.k. site to get a more accurate count. Maybe they are going to send them out with empty cabins rather than discounting them to fill the ship.

Thanks for this info - Celebrity UK inform me that these offers don't apply to UK -yet they call it "Sail beyond borders"???????

Kk99, thanks for posting the links ;). It appears that X are already discounting the Equinox sailings for next year as they must presume they will have problems selling them like this year (as per Grandgeezer’s post below). Shall we start putting bets on now for how long it will take them to redeploy her back to Europe for the summer :p?

Perhaps X would fare better if they introduced a few exciting itineraries for her instead :confused:?

The Equinox leaves on August 11, ten days from today and a popular web site shows 127 balconys still available. It’s been on the x-citing deals for the past 5-6 weeks for $749 p.p. any balcony, with no perks. I couldn’t access the u.k. site to get a more accurate count. Maybe they are going to send them out with empty cabins rather than discounting them to fill the ship.

I wonder if this particular cruise is an anomaly, for some reason? European site is showing over 100 balconies still available. I note there are a lot of guarantees being offered. Does X offer standby rates for employees/travel professionals?

Kk99, thanks for posting the links ;). It appears that X are already discounting the Equinox sailings for next year as they must presume they will have problems selling them like this year (as per Grandgeezer’s post below). Shall we start putting bets on now for how long it will take them to redeploy her back to Europe for the summer :p?

We will watch this space:cool:

Perhaps X would fare better if they introduced a few exciting itineraries for her instead :confused:?

Hmm. I wonder how popular the non refundable deposit promotion will be with $100 admin fee to change. I know this is in line with European and Australian bookings but the prime target market for Caribbean sailings is surely US/Canada?

Agree a couple of exciting itineraries, especially the western would be more enticing.