Beverage package - price raised?

I am currently booked on two cruises.......Serenade 7 night sailing 9/23/18 and Jewel 9 night sailing 1/18/19. Anyway, I've already purchased the deluxe beverage package for the Serenade when it was buy one, get 50 percent off second guest. I haven't purchased it yet for our Jewel sailing.

Anyway, currently in my cruise planner for the Serenade, it is advertising the deluxe drink package for 20 percent off ($45 per night, plus tax). On my cruise planner for the Jewel, it is advertising 20 percent off ($48 per night, plus tax). Does anyone know if the on board prices have since gone up? Otherwise, shouldn't they both be the same price if both sailings are 20 percent off? lol

If I were to believe the 20% off price for Allure next June which is $53 so that would mean the onboard price will be going up from $63 per day to $66 per day. That truly may be the price next year, but who knows?

I am currently booked on two cruises.......Serenade 7 night sailing 9/23/18 and Jewel 9 night sailing 1/18/19. Anyway, I've already purchased the deluxe beverage package for the Serenade when it was buy one, get 50 percent off second guest. I haven't purchased it yet for our Jewel sailing.

Anyway, currently in my cruise planner for the Serenade, it is advertising the deluxe drink package for 20 percent off ($45 per night, plus tax). On my cruise planner for the Jewel, it is advertising 20 percent off ($48 per night, plus tax). Does anyone know if the on board prices have since gone up? Otherwise, shouldn't they both be the same price if both sailings are 20 percent off? lol

It's just Royal math.....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I think it just depends on the ship, sailing & whether it's a holiday. I got $45 pp for my Thanksgiving cruise on the Brilliance ( 4 days to Cozumel) but my Memorial day cruise on the Mariner ( 3 night Bahamas) next year is currently selling for $60 pp & they claim that is 10% off!! Just keep checking

The "Buy one get a second at 50% off" is a label. The cost shown when Royal advertises that is the price per-person. Onboard prices are higher, typically more like around $60 per person, plus gratuities, per day.

So let's do some math...

Let's say onboard it is $60/person/day. An offer of "20% off the price" would be $48/person/night. Which basically is about what it sells for beforehand, "sale" or not. SO let's just think of it mostly as an advance purchase price more than a "sale."

An offer of "Buy one get 50% off the second" is really more like 25% off the price, and that's actually what you see advertised as the price -- the amount after whatever crazy methodology they want to advertise, per person.

They do the same thing with cabin prices. THey make a complete mess of it, most likely to just keep people relatively confused. After all, if you always have a sale, well, what exactly will be the draw to any given "sale"? So you make up new ways to come up with basically the same price. And, yeah, sometimes a "sale" really is varying 2-5% over a prior sale. Rare, though. Pay more attention to a cabin price sale that's promoted more like "30% off each person" rather than 50% off the second (aka 25% off each person). Now that doesn't mean there still aren't some shenanigans being played with fluctuating prices or other things like varying onboard credit amounts or fluctuating discounts of some other name. But, in general, if you watch for long enough, you'll see the patterns RCL follows.

All of these descriptions (which are accurate) aside, RC did increase prices for 2019 sailings.

The soda package is currently $8.50. In 2019, it's $9.95

All of these descriptions (which are accurate) aside, RC did increase prices for 2019 sailings.

The soda package is currently $8.50. In 2019, it's $9.95

Noticed that too. Soda (and others) are more for our 2019 cruise than for our 2018 cruise.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

What I have learned from these numerous threads on drink package pricing is to just wait until the price hits what you are willing to pay and for get about the percent off. Right now my 9 day cruise on the Anthem has been 20% off or $50 per day. I'm not even going to consider it at that price. From what I have been reading $45 seems to be the average price.

What I have learned from these numerous threads on drink package pricing is to just wait until the price hits what you are willing to pay and for get about the percent off. Right now my 9 day cruise on the Anthem has been 20% off or $50 per day. I'm not even going to consider it at that price. From what I have been reading $45 seems to be the average price.

This is the best advice available.

Also apply it to the price of your cruise, specialty restaurants and anything else RCL sells.

Track the costs and you'll know when you see a deal/price you're happy with.

Do remember that if you see the price drop after you've bought it, you cancel the one you bought and get a refund and buy the package at the lower price. It does take a few days for the refund to hit your credit card, so as long as you're OK with that, it's a very easy process.