2 point short to level up.

RD29P5

So Getaway out of New York to Bermuda, or Sky out of Miami to the Bahama's? I'm leaning toward Sky, any advise from those who have been on those two.

No but I can give you advice! :) I've been on both and they were both a lot of fun. We actually enjoy the Caribbean more though.

So Getaway out of New York to Bermuda, or Sky out of Miami to the Bahama's? I'm leaning toward Sky, any advise from those who have been on those two.

I have been on NCL Sky and I would NEVER go on it again. I did it because it was the ship going to Cuba. I would NEVER take a cruise ONLY to the Bahamas, either. But that's just me.

Sky is small, food was HORRENDOUS, entertainment was typical and on the low end. Great Stirrup Cay (if that's part of the itinerary) is an island that NCL owns ... so there's nothing there.

I would go to Bermuda (again) in a heartbeat. I've seen good things about the Getaway, though.

I got off The Sky in June. I really liked the cruise. I thought the food was good, entertainment was good, and had an overall great time. I read numerous reviews prior to going and was nervous about The Sky but I really liked it. The pool area is better than the mega ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Check your account. I cruise a lot but they did boost my status by 3 points for my next cruise. I had 35 nights at sea in the past 12 months tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why did they give you 3 free points?

were you 3 points shy of the next Latitudes tier level?

if so, was it automatic? or did you have to ask?

I didn’t ask I had 77 points before boarding today. I got my confirmation as platinum, I had the platinum perks in my cabin when I got here. I don’t know how they make those decisions.

I cruise a lot, mostly Europe.

I didn’t ask I had 77 points before boarding today. I got my confirmation as platinum, I had the platinum perks in my cabin when I got here. I don’t know how they make those decisions.

I cruise a lot, mostly Europe.

Oh, they probably didn't give you more points, rather you were "grandfathered" into eligibility by earning enough points before they changed the tier requirements.

I have 48 points and I'm "Gold" even though now you need 55 points to reach Gold. I had booked the cruise that would have qualified me for Gold under the old rules before the tier requirements changed.

Oh, they probably didn't give you more points, rather you were "grandfathered" into eligibility by earning enough points before they changed the tier requirements.

I have 48 points and I'm "Gold" even though now you need 55 points to reach Gold. I had booked the cruise that would have qualified me for Gold under the old rules before the tier requirements changed.

That is possible. I only booked this cruise in April but they could be grandfathering a different cruise. Or just the account.

Never been to Bermuda so I can’t comment there, but I have cruised the sky a few times. The 3 and 4 day cruises are a nice getaway. Plus we really enjoy Great Stirrup Cay. It is a private island and a great beach day. That’s how we have always enjoyed it.

As far as the ships, sky is smaller but I like it. Food has always been up to par, and service was always good.

The getaway is an amazing ship. We cruised it in the haven and had by far the most amazing cruise we have been on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In May we did two almost b2b cruises. The first on the Epic, which brought me to 78 points. Two days later we got on the Breakaway. I was hoping they would give us platinum on this cruise, but alas no. Now I am officially platinum.

I’m 3 points from Platinum Plus so I booked the 4-day NYC to Bermuda in April. I considered sailing on the Sky for the 5th time....but decided to see Bermuda for the day to see if I really liked it enough to stay in one place for 3 days.

With that being said, I love the Sky! She’s an older ship without all the bells and whistles and I never had a bad meal. I chose the Getaway because I wanted a 4-day sailing but have no desire to sail to Cuba.

You can’t go wrong with either ship! :cool: